Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

Jerry Shugart

The Acts 28 teaching of Charles Welch is entirely dependent on the idea that Israel was not cast aside until Acts 28. So let us examine if Welch is right or not about when Israel was cast aside:

"For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death? (Ro.11:15; WNT).​

According to Paul Israel's being cast aside carried with it the "reconciliation of the world."

And that reconciliation of the world is spoken of as have already happened in an epistle which was written BEFORE ACTS 28:

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (2 Cor.5:19).​

The Acts 28 teaching comes tumbling down like a child's house of cards when it is understood that Israel was cast aside before Acts 28.

I think that SaulToPaul also believes that Israel was not cast aside until Acts 28.

Danoh

That's what you got out of my post.

:sigh:

Speaking the truth in love does not require damaged doors

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

What I got out of it was your passion for the cause, and your great smile...

I know your heart; that you meant well. Thank you for that.

Now, could you move a little to the right; your soapbox is blocking my ego :)

Jerry Shugart

Before Israel was cast aside she was a above all people that are upon the face of the earth:

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth" (Deut.7:6).​

But after she was cast aside there were no longer any people above all people that are upon the face of the earth EXCEPT for those who have been baptized into Christ, where there is neither Jew nor Greek:

" For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal.3:27-28).​

These words in the epistle to the Galatians were written many years before Acts 28 so the nation of Israel was cast aside many years before Acts 28.

That is another nail in the coffin of the teaching of the Acts 28 people.

heir

TOL Subscriber
" For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal.3:27-28).​

These words in the epistle to the Galatians were written many years before Acts 28 so the nation of Israel was cast aside many years before Acts 28.
And at the time of Acts 20, years after Galatians was written, we see:

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

:think:

glorydaz

Believe me, sis, they know my intent going in.

Without that, hidden agenda issues then become an issue.

A consistent A9D allows quickly knowing a another's view before they spout very much of it.

Lol, if you believe in breaking down a door and saying "here's the truth; now shut up and believe it," well, have at it, o passionate one. I'm sure there is a place for such a soapbox somewhere :)

I'm offering my two cents here just because I can. ;)

I don't want to know the details of what the JWs or Mormons etc. teach. I want to be freshly shocked when they begin to preach to me. Then I won't have to worry about considering their junk ahead of time and having it corrupt my thinking in any way.

Danoh

I don't want to know the details of what the JWs or Mormons etc. teach. I want to be freshly shocked when they begin to preach to me. Then I won't have to worry about considering their junk ahead of time and having it corrupt my thinking in any way.

I'm Dyslexic, it fits right in, and then disappears as if it never was, lol

Or is that ADHD :juggle:

heir

TOL Subscriber

:up: We were never asked to study the counterfeit, but the genuine!

Jerry Shugart

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I never said that people lost their national identities. Instead, the expression 'neither Jew nor Greek" is conveying the idea that there is no favorite nations in Christ and the distinctions between them has been abolished. The free man does not enjoy any special advantages which the bondman does not in Christ. Again, all distinctions have been done away between the two. And the same can be said for males and females.

Now would you give me your interpretation of the meaning of Galatians 3:28?

Danoh

I never said that people lost their national identities. Instead, the expression 'neither Jew nor Greek" is conveying the idea that there is no favorite nations in Christ and the distinctions between them has been abolished. The free man does not enjoy any special advantages which the bondman does not in Christ. Again, all distinctions have been done away between the two. And the same can be said for males and females.

That is not what she is talking about.

Remember, their view is a bit different in some of these areas from the more traditionally held understanding of these things.

Try to see it through their lens. Not to agree or disagree with, but to at least understand where they are coming from, from their side of the fence, rather than from your own.

Of course, heir frowns on doing that, lol

heir

TOL Subscriber
I never said that people lost their national identities. Instead, the expression 'neither Jew nor Greek" is conveying the idea that there is no favorite nations in Christ and the distinctions between them has been abolished.

In the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for we are all one in Christ Jesus, but there most certainly will be a distinction in the future for Israel!

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

SaulToPaul 2

:think:

:up:

sister heir, on top of it, as always

Jerry Shugart

In the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for we are all one in Christ Jesus, but there most certainly will be a distinction in the future for Israel!

So? What does that have to do with being "neither Jew nor Greek" in Christ? What does that have to do with the fact that "there is neither bond not free" in Christ?

You have no answer.