Acts 2:34

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Pardon me saying this, but your strong proclamation in your previous Post “David IS in heaven” reminds me of the many supporters of Trump who stand behind him with a placard, and when he makes a “profound” statement they raise their placard in support. You have raised your banner “David IS in heaven”, but you have not properly explained Acts 2:34

If David is not in heaven then he is in hell. Do you think David is in hell? It is one or the other.

The saved are in heaven and the damned are in hell. As for the righteous who died before Jesus came, Jesus brought them the good news while they were in the abode of the dead and while Jesus body was in the tomb before his resurrection.

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. (1 Pet. 3:18–20)

That's where David was along with Moses and all the good Old Testament people

Anyway, if you claim that David is not in heaven then you are saying he is in hell. I don't buy that.

Bradley D

David IS in heaven. He didn't ascend there under his own power though like Jesus did, but he is there.

Jesus is Lord. Jesus ascended to heaven under his own power because he is God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity.

Scripture does not read that Jesus "ascened to heaven under his own power." Jesus was "taken" up.

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight" (Acts 1:9).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
from epi and airó
Definition
to lift up
NASB Translation
exalts (1), hoisting (1), lift (3), lifted (4), lifting (4), raised (5), turning (1).

Right Divider

Body part
Scripture does not read that Jesus "ascened to heaven under his own power." Jesus was "taken" up.

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight" (Acts 1:9).

Word Origin
from epi and airó
Definition
to lift up
NASB Translation
exalts (1), hoisting (1), lift (3), lifted (4), lifting (4), raised (5), turning (1).
I wouldn't try to take that "too woodenly literally" as it also says that "a cloud received Him".

Who "took Him up"? Was it God? Jesus is God.

DAN P

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Clearly, there are two Lords in this verse.

I am tired of pointing this verse out.

What is the specific identity of "The Lord"?

What is the specific identity of "my Lord"?

Hi and the the Greek word LORD is used 667x

and the Greek word Lord is used some 54x

In Gen 19:24 you will see two Jehovah"s used , one on EARTH and one from HEAVEN.

In Acts 2:34 the Greek word is LORD and is in the NOMINATIVE CASE and is the SUBJECT of the NOUN LORD .

I believe that the first THE LORD is God the FATHER . and the second MY Lord is Jesus Christ and verse 35 the FATHER will sit at the FATHER'S right hand till the FATHER makes Christ enemies as a FOOTSTOOL for YOUR ( CHRIST ) FEET

Just n google what LORD and Lord mean .

dan p

TrevorL

Greetings again Trump Gurl,
If David is not in heaven then he is in hell. Do you think David is in hell? It is one or the other.
The saved are in heaven and the damned are in hell. As for the righteous who died before Jesus came, Jesus brought them the good news while they were in the abode of the dead and while Jesus body was in the tomb before his resurrection.
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. (1 Pet. 3:18–20)
That's where David was along with Moses and all the good Old Testament people
Anyway, if you claim that David is not in heaven then you are saying he is in hell. I don't buy that.
I appreciate your response (even after the rest of my post to you – I was a bit concerned that I should have been more reserved). No, David is in the grave as Acts 2 clearly states that he is both dead and buried and has NOT ascended to heaven. I do not believe in immortal souls, but believe that the dead sleep in the dust of the earth, waiting for the resurrection at the return of Jesus. I will not give a full answer to 1 Peter 3:18-20. David and Moses were not “the spirits in prison” mentioned as this category are described as “because they formerly did not obey”. Both David and Moses were faithful and did obey.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
....No, David is in the grave as Acts 2 clearly states........

That is your interpretation, which almost all of Christianity rejects.

Spirits do not "sleep". That is impossible. Sleep is something that physical beings do, not pure spirits. Like the angels, we become pure spirit when we die. When we die we are IMMEDIATELY judged.

The fact that 1 Pet. 3:18–0 mentioned that Jesus preached to the spirits in "prison" (Abraham's Bosom) proves they were awake and aware. Jesus was not preaching to dead bodies.

God's Truth

I said: "He didn't ascend there under his own power though like Jesus did"

Do you understand the difference between ascending to heaven under one's own power, like Jesus did, and simply going there like all saints do?

David did not ascend to heaven.

Davis is there though the same as all saints are.

David is in heaven but he did not ascend their with his body; only Jesus ascended to heaven with a body. All those who die go to heaven in their spirit.

God's Truth

Word Origin
from epi and airó
Definition
to lift up
NASB Translation

The Bible says Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

If you say Jesus didn't raise himself, then you are saying he didn't obey his Father's command.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

Did you read that? Jesus says he is the resurrection and the life.
Of course then we know he does the raising.

Some scriptures say God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus and God the Father are one and the same that's why some scriptures say God, some say the Father, and some say Jesus did the raising.

oatmeal

David IS in heaven. He didn't ascend there under his own power though like Jesus did, but he is there.

Jesus is Lord. Jesus ascended to heaven under his own power because he is God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity.

Show me from the word that David is in heaven.

David is not ascended into the heavens is clear from

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Jesus did not ascend up under his own power.

He was taken up. That is in the passive tense. That is there was another who acted upon Jesus Christ to take up Jesus

Acts 1:9

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Wow, I am so thankful for the accuracy of the word I was taught VP Wierwille

oatmeal

God is Trinity. He is eternally father, son, holy spirit, with no beginning and no ending.

God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love

The scripture, of which God is the sole author, does not use the word "trinity" to describe God

oatmeal

The only problem is your confusion. Until you can understand what the Bible actually teaches, that Jesus is BOTH GOD and MAN, you will continue to force falsehoods on the scripture.

The genesis of Jesus AS A MAN was when He was conceived by the Holy Ghost. That is NOT His genesis as GOD.

Thanks for your opinion.

God does not have a beginning. however, it is clear that Jesus did have a beginning.

Matthew 1:18 ....

oatmeal

The human family is the IMPERFECT representation of the perfect family which os God.

God created man in his own image: Woman clings to man and becomes one (Genesis 2:24) and that union becomes a third.

That is the image of God, not a perfect image, but an image.

Correct.

Since God's word is perfect, please show me where God describes himself as a family.

oatmeal

Hi and the the Greek word LORD is used 667x

and the Greek word Lord is used some 54x

In Gen 19:24 you will see two Jehovah"s used , one on EARTH and one from HEAVEN.

In Acts 2:34 the Greek word is LORD and is in the NOMINATIVE CASE and is the SUBJECT of the NOUN LORD .

I believe that the first THE LORD is God the FATHER . and the second MY Lord is Jesus Christ and verse 35 the FATHER will sit at the FATHER'S right hand till the FATHER makes Christ enemies as a FOOTSTOOL for YOUR ( CHRIST ) FEET

Just n google what LORD and Lord mean .

dan p

Since God is everywhere present, He can operate both from heaven and earth at the same time.

Yes, indeed The Lord is God the Father, whereas, My Lord, ie, David's, as well as ours, refers to Jesus Christ

TrevorL

Greetings again Trump Gurl,
That is your interpretation, which almost all of Christianity rejects.
The majority are not always right.
Spirits do not "sleep". That is impossible. Sleep is something that physical beings do, not pure spirits. Like the angels, we become pure spirit when we die. When we die we are IMMEDIATELY judged.
I appreciate that this is your perspective, but I believe that when we die our thoughts perish. The figure of sleep is used, but in actual fact our thinking process ceases, and we return to the dust waiting for the resurrection.
Psalm 6:3–5 (KJV): 3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? 4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies’ sake. 5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
Psalm 146:3–4 (KJV): 3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
Genesis 3:19 (KJV): In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Daniel 12:2 (KJV): And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
John 11:11–14 (KJV): 11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Kind regards
Trevor