ECT Acronyms for those debating MAD

whitestone

Thank you for this answer. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier!

Certainly, this is one of the more bizarre interpretations of Scripture I have heard! I know there are anti-Paul amateur theologians, but who could imagine there were people who thought that Paul, and not Jesus was the founder of the church?

Hermeneutically speaking, you should never make a doctrine out of just one verse. Although you may have more, you have not posted them.

In my 36 years of reading the Bible through, studying it extensively, in Seminary and out, to say nothing of reading the Bible in the original languages, I have never come across such an absurd doctrine.

You say you do not read books, so then one must assume you have internet sites, or maybe real life places where you pick up this nonsense.

Well, another fringe heresy! I appreciate your post, as now I know what new nonsense has popped up on the internet!

oop's the newbie's a Genius in 4 post...

MarleneJ

oop's the newbie's a Genius in 4 post...

What can I say! I was supposed to come here with guns blazing, and not a word as to whether I had even read the Bible?

Just because I am new here, doesn't make me new to internet forums!

Hmm! Now to see a rebuke of what I was actually writing, instead of just personal attacks! Hmm, I though the Rules in this forum said personal attacks were not allowed?

Oh right, no one actually called me a name, just insulted my "qualifications!"

whitestone

What can I say! I was supposed to come here with guns blazing, and not a word as to whether I had even read the Bible?

Just because I am new here, doesn't make me new to internet forums!

Hmm! Now to see a rebuke of what I was actually writing, instead of just personal attacks! Hmm, I though the Rules in this forum said personal attacks were not allowed?

Oh right, no one actually called me a name, just insulted my "qualifications!"

pull them smokers then,,,lol just what kind of doctrine we up against hop along?

MarleneJ

Another Seminary know-it-all gonna teach us good....

We're really impressed with your years and your extensive study.... etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps you're the genius that can tell us why God called Paul in the first place, when He had already sent twelve apostles to "all nations".

So you are one of these mad people? Oops! I meant MAD supporters?

Let's see, the twelve apostles were going to other places. Because God needed a strong, educated Jew, with three languages and Roman citizenship who was a good writer to spread the gospel?

Really, the answers to why God had to call Paul, and so many millions of other people down through the ages, has so many possibilities for answers, doesn't it?

No wait, I thought we were all called? Or are you part of that small clique that thinks only certain people are called to spread the gospel, contrary to Mat 28:18-20?

MarleneJ

pull them smokers then,,,lol just what kind of doctrine we up against hop along?

I think you will find me basically orthodox, which doesn't not necessarily translate into American right wing beliefs. Being Canadian does that too you.

I do believe that women should be in ministry, which seems to go contrary to the grain of the ultra right conservative Christian. Of course, the Greek doesn't support a ban on over 50% of the body of Christ being muzzled!

Eschatology, I am not dispensational, for sure, not Reformed! I'm sort of eclectic, mostly because I don't really think our view of end times affects our salvation in any way, shape or form.

But, we are pulling this thread away from the topic.

I really had hoped to hear from more MAD supporters, to understand better and research why and how they are wrong!

Right Divider

Body part
So you are one of these mad people? Oops! I meant MAD supporters?

Let's see, the twelve apostles were going to other places. Because God needed a strong, educated Jew, with three languages and Roman citizenship who was a good writer to spread the gospel?
So you're saying that the twelve were disobedient? Where were they going? God gave them the order to go to all the world.

Paul made it CLEAR that it was NOT his education or writing skills that were the power of God.

I guess that being highly educated yourself, you identify with a real smart apostle.

Really, the answers to why God had to call Paul, and so many millions of other people down through the ages, has so many possibilities for answers, doesn't it?
So you think that God's calling of Paul is identical to His calling "millions of other people down through the ages"? Not hardly.

No wait, I thought we were all called? Or are you part of that small clique that thinks only certain people are called to spread the gospel, contrary to Mat 28:18-20?
You don't obey Matt 28 and that command was not given to YOU. You are a humanist philosophizer like most of "churchianity" today.

Jesus gave that command to ELEVEN people and YET everyone today trys make it their own.... typical man-made religion.

whitestone

I think you will find me basically orthodox, which doesn't not necessarily translate into American right wing beliefs. Being Canadian does that too you.

I do believe that women should be in ministry, which seems to go contrary to the grain of the ultra right conservative Christian. Of course, the Greek doesn't support a ban on over 50% of the body of Christ being muzzled!

Eschatology, I am not dispensational, for sure, not Reformed! I'm sort of eclectic, mostly because I don't really think our view of end times affects our salvation in any way, shape or form.

But, we are pulling this thread away from the topic.

I really had hoped to hear from more MAD supporters, to understand better and research why and how they are wrong!

oh ok,,so eclectic your kind of open on it but quick to judge. If I was to ask you if you see things of eschatology in the light of them being fulfilled in the past(i.e.> ad70) or not where would you stand?

Tell us a little about yourself and your reason for coming to an forum where the guns might actually be blazing...

Danoh

Thank you for this answer. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier!

Certainly, this is one of the more bizarre interpretations of Scripture I have heard! I know there are anti-Paul amateur theologians, but who could imagine there were people who thought that Paul, and not Jesus was the founder of the church?

Hermeneutically speaking, you should never make a doctrine out of just one verse. Although you may have more, you have not posted them.

In my 36 years of reading the Bible through, studying it extensively, in Seminary and out, to say nothing of reading the Bible in the original languages, I have never come across such an absurd doctrine.

You say you do not read books, so then one must assume you have internet sites, or maybe real life places where you pick up this nonsense.

Well, another fringe heresy! I appreciate your post, as now I know what new nonsense has popped up on the internet!

Thanks for sharing your mind, MJ...

And lol...for obviously you only THINK you understood ANY of ALL I said.

In my life, I have read a good two or three thousand books - on all sorts of subjects. And I still read a great many books.

MOST of them still REFERENCE books, as I am ever fascinated about the GENERIC principles underlying how a this, or a that works.

Eventually, I isolated all that; or turned it on itself, into the study of how...studying a thing out itself...works...

Where I look at where I myself am looking at a thing from, even as I am looking at a thing.

The result of this level of abstraction?

The realization that...truth be told, the actual origin of Mad as a study approach that BEGAN TO RE-EMERGE with Luther, is the same history behind ANY science or method of inquiry.

Did the principles underlying gravity exist before, say, someone like a Newton bothered to sit down and decode them into a way of looking at gravity - principles that many centuries later allowed space flight?

Of course said principles underlying such things as mass, force, and gravity had existed way before a Newton even existed - before even Adam.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

It appears it is too late for you to grasp Mid-Acts.

Too many years on your part in your "wisdom of men" - "the natural man's" empericism and it's co-conspirator; rationalism.

Thus, your now AUTOMATIC inability to FIRST "receive" a thing as seemingly odd to you as Mid-Acts Dispensationalism, "with ALL readiness of mind" that you might ONLY THEN "search" not the internet and or the endless books "about" of men parroting men, BUT "the SCRIPTURES" and this "DAILY, whether those things were so," that ONLY THEN might you "THEREFORE believe...the Word of God was being preached..." Acts 17:11 AND 12.

BUT I said this already.

Which you, regrettably proved, a description of what you have failed to do.

THIS...

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

...is NOT this...

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

MarleneJ

So you're saying that the twelve were disobedient? Where were they going? God gave them the order to go to all the world.

Paul made it CLEAR that it was NOT his education or writing skills that were the power of God.

I guess that being highly educated yourself, you identify with a real smart apostle.

So you think that God's calling of Paul is identical to His calling "millions of other people down through the ages"? Not hardly.

You don't obey Matt 28 and that command was not given to YOU. You are a humanist philosophizer like most of "churchianity" today.

Jesus gave that command to ELEVEN people and YET everyone today trys make it their own.... typical man-made religion.

So I was spot on about that comment that WE are not commanded to go into all the world! I'm figuring who is what out in this forum already.

Yep, it was 11 disciples, (my mistake) , Matthias came later, and we never hear about him again. Except, just because it was not written down, doesn't mean he didn't go somewhere, it was just not important to the spread of the gospel down through the ages!

And then, there is the missing piece to your warped theology, that the disciples actually died! So who was going to spread the gospel after that? Jesus told his disciples to make disciples. So, I would have to properly infer, that THOSE disciples then also took up the command, who made MORE disciples, who then multiplied the gospel, and so on till you have believers all over the world. Meaning that ALL disciples, from now until Jesus returns are to make disciples. Or is that too "humanist" for you?

"Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted.18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

And Paul was a super apostle, no doubt about it! But even he said, he didn't do it all. Something about one to plant, another to water, and yet another to harvest.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. 9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building." 1 Cor. 3:7-9

We all have a part to play in the Great Commission, even if we are bed ridden - we can still pray! Or do you think that election just means that God magically comes and saves people, with no witness, maybe not even a Bible? Or that "elect" is so tiny, no one can be saved?

(Of course, I understand God is giving dreams and visions to Muslims across the world. But there is always someone there to explain the dream, and the share the saving gospel of Jesus Christ.)

Wow! So I am a
humanist philosophizer
?

First time I have ever been called that for believing the Bible. Amazing!

Finally, as for following Paul, I think he ruled that one out.

"What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]are you not being merely human?" 1 Cor. 3:3-4[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We won't even get into Apollos not being a "disciple" in the beginning, and yet making disciples. Or is he also some kind of exception to the rule that no one is called except a few special people to preach the gospel? And where do people get these crazy ideas from?

Certainly not in the Bible I read! In any translation!

But I am guessing that many have been through that already with you, and you have already rejected it.
[/FONT]

Danoh

Great Commission (too simplistic, Danoh?)

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)
Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

As you consistly prove - it is simplistic (too simple) - only where it turns out your attempted, admirable, simple example to another, too often proves having been directed at someone who continues to prove they are...simplistic.

While I'm at it - you can take that as my version of what would be your version of a post by me :chuckle:

MarleneJ

oh ok,,so eclectic your kind of open on it but quick to judge. If I was to ask you if you see things of eschatology in the light of them being fulfilled in the past(i.e.> ad70) or not where would you stand?

Tell us a little about yourself and your reason for coming to an forum where the guns might actually be blazing...

Well, right now I lean towards being a partial preterits. So yes, I do think that many of the prophecies Jesus gave were for THAT generation, and were fulfilled with the fall of the temple. But that was not the start of the church, as some people have said.

I do NOT and never have, and never will believe in the Rapture. Firm on that one!

But open to learning more, because eschatology really is something we really won't totally know the way it unfolds, until it is over!

Guns blazing? Just too many Christian forums, with heretics running loose! LOL One cult in particular, (not MAD) was driving me batty, and led me to conclude that shills were actually being paid to post and try and convert people to the cult.

I think my patience for gently posting on theology was used up somewhere around 2009 or so? Hard to pin it down.

But always open to learn in many areas,, if it can be shown Scripturally, esp, in the Greek and Hebrew!

Or I could just say "guns blazing" is just the way I am. Sorry if I upset or hurt anyone.

But I am excited to be in a forum with others whose guns are not only blazing, but it is allowed! And people actually do use theology, the original languages to back themselves up! Call me some sort of frustrated teacher, looking for people I don't have to teach, but can genuinely debate!

Right Divider

Body part
So I was spot on about that comment that WE are not commanded to go into all the world! I'm figuring who is what out in this forum already.

Yep, it was 11 disciples, (my mistake) , Matthias came later, and we never hear about him again. Except, just because it was not written down, doesn't mean he didn't go somewhere, it was just not important to the spread of the gospel down through the ages!

And then, there is the missing piece to your warped theology, that the disciples actually died! So who was going to spread the gospel after that? Jesus told his disciples to make disciples. So, I would have to properly infer, that THOSE disciples then also took up the command, who made MORE disciples, who then multiplied the gospel, and so on till you have believers all over the world. Meaning that ALL disciples, from now until Jesus returns are to make disciples. Or is that too "humanist" for you?

"Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them.17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted.18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

So you think that you are to follow in the footsteps of twelve apostles for the twelve tribes? Or the ONE apostle for the ONE body?

Do you teach the law, like Jesus commanded them to teach? Matt 12:1-3

And Paul was a super apostle, no doubt about it! But even he said, he didn't do it all. Something about one to plant, another to water, and yet another to harvest.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building." 1 Cor. 3:7-9
And YET Paul received his instructions directly from the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD JESUS CHRIST. That's a little different than most, wouldn't you say.

We all have a part to play in the Great Commission, even if we are bed ridden - we can still pray! Or do you think that election just means that God magically comes and saves people, with no witness, maybe not even a Bible? Or that "elect" is so tiny, no one can be saved?
Why do you call it "the Great Commission" (caps and all)? Oh, that's right, the traditions of churchianity.

whitestone

Well, right now I lean towards being a partial preterits. So yes, I do think that many of the prophecies Jesus gave were for THAT generation, and were fulfilled with the fall of the temple. But that was not the start of the church, as some people have said.

I do NOT and never have, and never will believe in the Rapture. Firm on that one!

But open to learning more, because eschatology really is something we really won't totally know the way it unfolds, until it is over!

Guns blazing? Just too many Christian forums, with heretics running loose! LOL One cult in particular, (not MAD) was driving me batty, and led me to conclude that shills were actually being paid to post and try and convert people to the cult.

I think my patience for gently posting on theology was used up somewhere around 2009 or so? Hard to pin it down.

But always open to learn in many areas,, if it can be shown Scripturally, esp, in the Greek and Hebrew!

Or I could just say "guns blazing" is just the way I am. Sorry if I upset or hurt anyone.

But I am excited to be in a forum with others whose guns are not only blazing, but it is allowed! And people actually do use theology, the original languages to back themselves up! Call me some sort of frustrated teacher, looking for people I don't have to teach, but can genuinely debate!

cool beans,I'm not pre/ad70 at all I'm a colossians 1:15-18 Dispie leaning toward 9 but not really because it all begins there,and not that the whole Thing to be known begins there,but because the portion that appertains to us leads us there.

You said that you have studied the original languages in your former post and I've been searching for another to converse with,with this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...xy._LXVI_4499.jpg/250px-P._Oxy._LXVI_4499.jpg can you read it?

Danoh

MJ, welcome to the forum.

You'll find that posters like Interplanner, Tetelestai, and Aaron the Tall, and I Am a Berean, when those last two also post, are partial to Partial Preterism.

Although I Am a Berean appears to be a Full Preterist.

And Tetelestai, though he asserts he is a Partial Preterist, asserts there is no return of the Lord.

Personally, I find all views challenging in a positive way.

As Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher: Richard Jordan, also often asserts "opposition is good for ya; it gets ya ta thinkin on things you might not have thought about otherwise..."

But in his case, he has always proven he actually welcomes opposition for said value.

Not many within any camp are that welcoming of a position opposing their own.

Again, welcome to this forum - owned and run by Mads.

That right there speaks a positive about Mads that many on here who assert that all Mads are a closed off lot, too often lose sight of.

Not that some Mads are not.

For I have met my share of fellow Mads over the years who certainly do behave like members of a cult.

But every school of thought has such often one-sided, my way or the highway types, within their fold.

Not that you'll get any of this post, as you appear not only to have made up your mind against Mad, but sealed it shut :chuckle:

In short; it's spitball fight time, lol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All that time and you have just now heard of dispensations in scripture?
Welcome to TOL where you might learn something.