ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Interplanner

No it wasn't. My question was "Did the 12 preach it before it happened?". And they did not. So the gospel they preached was different from the one Paul preached.

Who said that?

Hint: It wasn't Jesus. Nor was it one of his disciples.

Because, none of them say what the "good news" is.

What good news? What was the good news they preached?

Still no answer.

And I have explained why.

No you haven't.

Did He preach it to anyone else? Did they?

Apparently not.

And when did Jesus say this?

I actually read the passages in context.

Those who were sent out had nothing else but what had been covered by that time. 1, he was the Lamb of God
(that is very specific in that time and place)
2, he had the proven/demonstrated authority to grant forgiveness of sins
3, he was called Joshua because he would save his people from sins

Now, obviously there is a lot of things he taught that 'streamlined' things ethically compared to the Law. But there was the heart before that which was God was offering forgiveness in Christ.

And that remark by the accusing council about 'remember when he was alive...?' well, yeah, that reflects many months because they were not 'insiders.'

There is no gospel for the Jews that was about a kingdom or restored state, if that is what your'e saying. But there were some pinching ways of saying what kind of response there should be to the one gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame
I can see you cannot help being an idiot. There does not to seem to be a cure for your stupidity.

Idiot? Like your "just one piece of good news" satanic assertion, which, by necessity, if we are not idiots, means you assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

On record.

Demonic.

dodge

Idiot? Like your "just one piece of good news" satanic assertion, which, by necessity, if we are not idiots, means you assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

On record.

Demonic.

Demonic is attributing to Paul what Jesus had already taught to stay in error.

I asserted nothing about Judas ! Get off of the sauce.

Right Divider

Body part
Demonic is attributing to Paul what Jesus had already taught to stay in error.

I asserted nothing about Judas ! Get off of the sauce.
Since you're unable to accept facts, it's impossible for you to learn simple things.

Why were there two ministries? Why did God call Paul when He already had the twelve?

God's Truth

Since you're unable to accept facts, it's impossible for you to learn simple things.

Why were there two ministries? Why did God call Paul when He already had the twelve?

Paul was chosen so the worst of sinners could believe they could be saved too.

1 Timothy 1:16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

whitestone

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

lol,,,,as it is "NOW" revealed unto...

dodge

Could be that Paul was assenting to killing Christians and since Paul was LOST Jesus went to Paul and called Paul out of the world and into His kingdom.

whitestone

There was a time in Paul's life it was also revealed. Same Gospel different crowd.

thing is if you examine Luke 24(and the parallels) that they were astonished as to the fact that Jesus had actually died. They were going to his tomb and trying to find his body. They believed the words to be "idle tales" Luke 24:11 KJV. They were afraid when they saw him and thought they had seen a spirit Luke 24:37 KJV. Does it look as if the Holy Spirit had at that time revealed it to them or were they saying things like "unless I put my fingers in the holes..."?

Then afterward in Acts 1:6 KJV do they Know,or are they still asking as if they don't know?,,,Then in Acts 10:20 KJV Peter is told to do this "nothing doubting",does it seem as though he knew at that time? Or when he was quizzed by the others about entering an gentiles house or eating with them did they know? If they all knew then why bother meeting in Jerusalem in Acts 15 to reason it all out? lol,look at Acts 9 onward and ponder what Paul meant by "now" when he speaks of what was revealed and when...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I leave the details to the Judge (Gen. 18:25), but if someone rejects and renounces Christ and is no different than their former state of godless unbelief, they are not a believer by definition (unbelieving believer is a contradiction in terms, oxymoron).

You divorce salvation from ongoing relationship and being in Christ, the condition for eternal life (since it is in Him alone, not apart from Him I Jn. 5:11-13 present, continuous tenses). You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God (judgment starts with the house of God; Ananias and Sapp were struck down; I Cor. and I Jn. has temporal judgment of believer's sin by death).

Unbelief puts one outside of Christ and is the antithesis of saving faith, so the new reality of apostasy brings in new contingencies if persisted in.

:plain:

dodge

thing is if you examine Luke 24(and the parallels) that they were astonished as to the fact that Jesus had actually died. They were going to his tomb and trying to find his body. They believed the words to be "idle tales" Luke 24:11 KJV. They were afraid when they saw him and thought they had seen a spirit Luke 24:37 KJV. Does it look as if the Holy Spirit had at that time revealed it to them or were they saying things like "unless I put my fingers in the holes..."?

Then afterward in Acts 1:6 KJV do they Know,or are they still asking as if they don't know?,,,Then in Acts 10:20 KJV Peter is told to do this "nothing doubting",does it seem as though he knew at that time? Or when he was quizzed by the others about entering an gentiles house or eating with them did they know? If they all knew then why bother meeting in Jerusalem in Acts 15 to reason it all out? lol,look at Acts 9 onward and ponder what Paul meant by "now" when he speaks of what was revealed and when...

None of what you posted changes what Jesus taught in John 3:16.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

OR:

Mat 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

OR:

Luk 22:20
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

God withheld the meaning of the gospel for a time but Jesus had already preached the gospel, and there is only ONE gospel.

dodge

That is literally the lamest answer I've ever gotten to those questions.

You do know that Paul had many Christians killed right ?

The truth is usually rejected by those who are lost and confused.

So you believe when Jesus appeared to Paul that Paul was already saved ? You really have no clue do you !

Right Divider

Body part
You do know that Paul had many Christians killed right ?
That is correct.

The truth is usually rejected by those who are lost and confused.
Correct again. You're on a roll.

So you believe when Jesus appeared to Paul that Paul was already saved ?
No, I do not. That is WRONG and a FALSE accusation. That is something very unbecoming of a person that says that they are a believer in Christ.

You really have no clue do you !
dodge, you are the one that has issues with being clueless.

Again I'll ask: Since Jesus had 12 apostles that had been trained for years and were send to "teach all nations", why did Jesus need to call ONE MORE guy named Saul/Paul and APPEAR directly to HIM (repeatedly), if their messages were simply identical?

dodge

Right Divider;4813678]That is correct.

Good

No, I do not. That is WRONG and a FALSE accusation. That is something very unbecoming of a person that says that they are a believer in Christ.

You do know what a ? mark means right ? It was a question NOT an accusation.

dodge, you are the one that has issues with being clueless.

I am NOT the one that wants to believe there are 2 gospels when there is only ONE.

Again I'll ask: Since Jesus had 12 apostles that had been trained for years and were send to "teach all nations", why did Jesus need to call ONE MORE guy named Saul/Paul and APPEAR directly to HIM (repeatedly), if their messages were simply identical?

Paul was saved like EVERY ONE that is saved they have believed God and accepted the gift that God provided for them in Christ Jesus.

Same gospel 2 different groups of people.

Gal 2:7
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Gal 2:8
(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

SaulToPaul 2

I leave the details to the Judge (Gen. 18:25), but if someone rejects and renounces Christ and is no different than their former state of godless unbelief, they are not a believer by definition (unbelieving believer is a contradiction in terms, oxymoron).

You divorce salvation from ongoing relationship and being in Christ, the condition for eternal life (since it is in Him alone, not apart from Him I Jn. 5:11-13 present, continuous tenses). You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God (judgment starts with the house of God; Ananias and Sapp were struck down; I Cor. and I Jn. has temporal judgment of believer's sin by death).

Unbelief puts one outside of Christ and is the antithesis of saving faith, so the new reality of apostasy brings in new contingencies if persisted in.

:plain:

Who is your guru?

Right Divider

Body part
You do know what a ? mark means right ? It was a question NOT an accusation.
The FORM of what you wrote would most often be thought of as a RHETORICAL question, particularly since you began with "SO ...".

If you had wanted to ask a REAL question, it would have BEEN a question and NOT a "SO.... you believe....?"

I am NOT the one that wants to believe there are 2 gospels when there is only ONE.
There are MANY "good news" in the Bible. The fact that you cannot discern them is your problem.

Paul was saved like EVERY ONE that is saved they have believed God and accepted the gift that God provided for them in Christ Jesus.

Same gospel 2 different groups of people.
Quit with the HUGE fonts. It does NOT make your point any more valid.

Why does Paul always speak of salvation in the past tense, and YET Peter still uses the future tense?

In Galatians, Paul tells how God sent him ('And I went up by revelation') to Jerusalem to communicate to the THEM the gospel that HE preached among the Gentiles.

If you would read this is a little comprehension, you would see that the "same was might in me" is NOT referring to the gospel, but the "he that wrought effectually" (that is Jesus Christ).

Gal 2:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:6) But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed [to be somewhat] in conference added nothing to me: (2:7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter; (2:8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (2:9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

When they PERCEIVED the grace given to ME (Paul).

dodge

Right Divider;4813715]The FORM of what you wrote would most often be thought of as a RHETORICAL question, particularly since you began with "SO ...".

If you had wanted to ask a REAL question, it would have BEEN a question and NOT a "SO.... you believe....?"

lol, beginning with so does NOT negate the ? mark.

There are MANY "good news" in the Bible. The fact that you cannot discern them is your problem.

If you want to muddy the waters and confuse and deceive yourself about the gospel go right ahead.

How many saviors are there ? Only ONE correct ! There is only one good news when it comes to salvation and his name is Jesus.

Quit with the HUGE fonts. It does NOT make your point any more valid.

YOU post the way you want to and so will I.

When they PERCEIVED the grace given to ME (Paul).

There ya go trying to make scripture fit into your error.

Act 15:7
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Act 15:8
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Act 15:9
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

15:10
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they