Absolute Divine Immutability: Does Anyone Really Believe It?

popsthebuilder

Something along the lines....? The law finds the whole world guilty. So you'd best stop trusting in your obedience.

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Look, I'm done with this merry go round Bs. If you think you can sin all you want because the son of God died for our sins then great. I say that is but part of the puzzle. He died for our sins not so we could continually sin but so we could be reborn without sin upon salvation. You wait and see. I'll wait with you.

glorydaz

Yes the son of God was on earth. Pretty sure we all know that.

And before that?

John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Col. 1:15-17
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now, you need to take this to a thread about the deity of Christ if you can't recognize that He was God in the beginning.

glorydaz

Look, I'm done with this merry go round Bs. If you think you can sin all you want because the son of God died for our sins then great. I say that is but part of the puzzle. He died for our sins not so we could continually sin but so we could be reborn without sin upon salvation. You wait and see. I'll wait with you.

I don't think I can sin all I want. That's a lie you workers try to perpetuate about those who have liberty IN CHRIST JESUS. I know I am not under the law at all. You're "done with this merry go round Bs" (implied profanity btw) because you don't like to have to face the fact that you are still stuck on the wrong side of the cross.

popsthebuilder

I don't think I can sin all I want. That's a lie you workers try to perpetuate about those who have liberty IN CHRIST JESUS. I know I am not under the law at all. You're "done with this merry go round Bs" (implied profanity btw) because you don't like to have to face the fact that you are still stuck on the wrong side of the cross.
Like I said. Wait and see.

popsthebuilder

Would have preferred I said bull feces. I said I'm done because you act like you can't hear. I am not on the wrong side of the cross. I have mine with me and follow the direction shown to me by God for God with God. I don't expect others to do the same. I do wish that they honestly consider their positions though. Good luck. I hope you are right. I know that I am under God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Where in scripture does Jesus say he is God? Anyone?

John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

John 5:17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I Timothy 3:16 Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:

He [God] appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Resting in Him,
Clete

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Playing semantic games is boring.

God does stuff. He can say after He has acted that He once had not, but now has.

How can doing stuff change God?

And semantics is the study of the meanings of words and phrases in language and in a particular context.