About who does Isaiah 53 speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beameup

Bs"d

All through history we see that some Jews fell victim to idolatry. Nowadays it is the same with the "messianic Jews".

In stead of worshipping the one and only true God Y-H-W-H they start worshipping a human being as if he is God.

This is of course idolatry.

Nope. God has a SON.
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Proverbs 30:4

After the destruction of the Holy Temple, those Jews that rejected ("cut-off") Messiah had to come up with a multitude of excuses. One excuse was to falsely claim that Isaiah 53 was about "Israel".
The Essenes were not fooled by your foolishness, they knew that The Son of God, Messiah, came in the flesh according to Daniel 9, and they BELIEVED on Him and his perfect Passover Sacrifice for SIN. Abraham knew full-well this fact in Ha-Aqedah.

Elia

Nope. God has a SON.
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Proverbs 30:4

Bs"d

I know the name of the son of God. This is God Himself speaking: "And you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, Israel is my first-born son, 23 and I say to you, “Let my son go that he may serve me”; if you refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay your first-born son.’” Ex 4:22
After the destruction of the Holy Temple, those Jews that rejected ("cut-off") Messiah had to come up with a multitude of excuses. One excuse was to falsely claim that Isaiah 53 was about "Israel".
The Essenes were not fooled by your foolishness, they knew that The Son of God, Messiah, came in the flesh according to Daniel 9, and they BELIEVED on Him and his perfect Passover Sacrifice for SIN. Abraham knew full-well this fact in Ha-Aqedah.
Daniel 9 says nowhere that God would come in the flesh. That concept is nowhere to be found in the Tanach.

And JC simply does not fit in Daniel 9, as I have shown here: https://tinyurl.com/Daniel-9

Elia

Who is "Messiah the Prince" in Daniel 9:25, who would be cut off, but not for Himself?
Bs"d

Another mistranslation is: "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:" It doesn't say: "but not for himself", it says: "he will have nothing". But "not for himself" fits so nice with the Christian theology; JC dying for the whole world, not for himself. The only problem is: It isn't written there.

"And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off," King James

"And after the sixty-two weeks an anointed one shall be cut off," RSV.

The KJV leaves out the word 'an'. In Hebrew this word is never written, there is only an equivalent for 'the'. When that Hebrew word that denotes definiteness is not written before a word, the word 'an' or 'a' is automatically implied. By leaving out this word 'an' the KJV implies that the word 'Messiah' is definite, like 'the Messiah", but also this is wrong; 'a messiah' is a better translation than just 'messiah'.

This speaks about king Agrippas, the last Jewish king at the end of the second Temple period.

"and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" This speaks about the Roman Titus, who ordered the destruction of the second Temple.

But you could have read all that here: https://tinyurl.com/Daniel-9

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Another mistranslation is: "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:" It doesn't say: "but not for himself", it says: "he will have nothing". But "not for himself" fits so nice with the Christian theology; JC dying for the whole world, not for himself. The only problem is: It isn't written there.

“Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.“And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. - Daniel 9:25-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel9:25-26&version=NKJV

Screenshot_20230420-075513.png
Screenshot_20230420-075705.png

You were saying?

"And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off," King James

"And after the sixty-two weeks an anointed one shall be cut off," RSV.

The KJV leaves out the word 'an'. In Hebrew this word is never written, there is only an equivalent for 'the'. When that Hebrew word that denotes definiteness is not written before a word, the word 'an' or 'a' is automatically implied. By leaving out this word 'an' the KJV implies that the word 'Messiah' is definite, like 'the Messiah", but also this is wrong; 'a messiah' is a better translation than just 'messiah'.

The NKJV does not contain that word.

This speaks about king Agrippas, the last Jewish king at the end of the second Temple period.

In what way was Herod Agrippa I a "messiah"?

"and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" This speaks about the Roman Titus, who ordered the destruction of the second Temple.

I'm no expert on end-times prophecy, but from what I've learned, Jesus' birth, life, death, and resurrection lines up perfectly with Daniel 9, and so do the events preceding Acts 9.

But you could have read all that here: https://tinyurl.com/Daniel-9

This forum is for discussion, not for posting links to articles.

Elia

“Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.“And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. - Daniel 9:25-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel9:25-26&version=NKJV

View attachment 6561
View attachment 6562

You were saying?

Bs"d

I was saying that messiah the prince must come after the seven weeks, and not after 69 weeks.
In what way was Herod Agrippa I a "messiah"?

The word "messiah" means "anointed one", somebody who is anointed with oil. Jewish kings and high priests were by there inauguration anointed with oil. Agrippas was a Jewish king, so he was a messiah.

Your messiah was never anointed, and he was never a king, so he wasn't a messiah.
I'm no expert on end-times prophecy, but from what I've learned, Jesus' birth, life, death, and resurrection lines up perfectly with Daniel 9, and so do the events preceding Acts 9.

He doesn't line up at all. First he didn't come after the seven weeks, second he died 35 years = 5 weeks to early to fit in the prophecy.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I was saying that messiah the prince must come after the seventy weeks, and not after 69 weeks.

The word "messiah" means "anointed one", somebody who is anointed with oil. Jewish kings and high priests were by there inauguration anointed with oil. Agrippas was a Jewish king, so he was a messiah.

Thank you.

Your messiah was never anointed,

He wasn't?

Scripture shows that He was annointed at least twice, if not three times:

and he was never a king,

Are you sure?

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” - Matthew 2:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew2:1-2&version=NKJV

Immediately, in the morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council; and they bound Jesus, led Him away, and delivered Him to Pilate.Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”And the chief priests accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing.Then Pilate asked Him again, saying, “Do You answer nothing? See how many things they testify against You!”But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled. - Mark 15:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark15:1-5&version=NKJV

so he wasn't a messiah.

Wrong.

He doesn't line up at all.

Yes, He does.

First he didn't come after the seven weeks, second he died 35 years = 5 weeks to early to fit in the prophecy.

A "week" in this context is a 7 year period.

Jesus' ministry began at the beginning of the 70th week. 3.5 years in, He was crucified. 1 year later, Israel rejected Him as their Messiah (as you have done), and was cut off, and the entire prophecy clock was paused.

Elia

Thank you.

He wasn't?

Scripture shows that He was annointed at least twice, if not three times:

Are you sure?

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.” - Matthew 2:1-2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew2:1-2&version=NKJV

Immediately, in the morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole council; and they bound Jesus, led Him away, and delivered Him to Pilate.Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”And the chief priests accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing.Then Pilate asked Him again, saying, “Do You answer nothing? See how many things they testify against You!”But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled. - Mark 15:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark15:1-5&version=NKJV

Wrong.

Yes, He does.

A "week" in this context is a 7 year period.

Jesus' ministry began at the beginning of the 70th week. 3.5 years in, He was crucified. 1 year later, Israel rejected Him as their Messiah (as you have done), and was cut off, and the entire prophecy clock was paused.

Bs"d

This is the Isaiah 7 thread. When you post this in the Daniel 9 thread we can continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.