Abortion///cont.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bias duly noted.
A bias for rationality, expressed in reason, is no public sin. A bias without it is no virtue.

Now try the argument.

Does the SCOTUS have the authority to overrule (if that's the right term?) a previous SCOTUS's decision?
It does and will, though comparatively rarely given consideration of precedent. Anti-miscegenation laws were once upheld by the Court because, it reasoned, they applied to both whites and blacks. :rolleyes: It fell, but eighty something years later, in the 1960s.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That does not make sense. The willingness of the parents to be parents does not determine whether they are parents.

Would the same hold true of a newborn? If a mother and father decide they do not wish to be parents of a newborn, are they no longer the parents of that newborn?
bump for quip

quip

BANNED
Banned
bump for quip

That does not make sense. The willingness of the parents to be parents does not determine whether they are parents.

Not necessarily so...as long as the would-be mom is permitted the freedom of choice i.e. no fetus, no parenthood.

Not sure why this was so difficult to fathom. :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Not necessarily so...as long as the would-be mom is permitted the freedom of choice i.e. no fetus, no parenthood.

Not sure why this was so difficult to fathom. :idunno:

because you didn't specify that she acted on her willingness and killed her child

now, if a woman who is willing to have a child loses it in utero, is she still a parent?

the woman in alberta who killed her 11 day old child - is she still a parent?

of course

Eagles Wings

He will not address the apparent fallacy of his position.
Quip addresses it and embraces it.

I wonder if he rejoices when a woman decides kill her preborn child.

Down with parenthood, up with female reproductive rights.

I've seen people holding signs with this sentiment.

Was that you I saw, quip?

Eagles Wings

How many post-abortive women have you consoled, quip?

Many fathers suffer with PTSD after the abortion of their child.

Quip, et. al., are you helping these people come to grips with what they have done?

Then you have the gall to say my God created a world of suffering.

Last edited:

glassjester

What does that serve....beyond your petty argument, that is?

You acknowledge, then, that the fetus has biological parents? Good.

So why do you believe that the parents of the fetus should be allowed to kill their child, while the parents of the 11-day-old should not?

quip

BANNED
Banned
You acknowledge, then, that the fetus has biological parents? Good.

So why do you believe that the parents of the fetus should be allowed to kill their child, while the parents of the 11-day-old should not?

So, that's the angle you're playing at here? Otherwise your answer should be obvious.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
he's willing to deny the fetus the right to live in order to accommodate the mother's right not to be inconvenienced

because selfishness