Abortion and Infanticide in the Bible.....let's see if this one he's locked down too

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Collectively speaking, I think bybee states it well:
At it's very root I abhor murder because I love life, my own in particular!

Collectively speaking, would that trump someone who loves life, their own in particular, yet also loves murder (i.e., Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Castro)?

Further, are you saying that Bybee doesn't believe that the Uncreated Creator abhors murder...or if He does, that's secondary to her self?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Collectively speaking, would that trump someone who loves life, their own in particular, yet also loves murder (i.e., Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Castro)?

This doesn't seem to follow (or, I'm not sure what you're asking here.) How can one love life (writ large) yet, simultaneously love taking part of an unjust ending to a particular life?

Further, are you saying that Bybee doesn't believe that the Uncreated Creator abhors murder...or if He does, that's secondary to her self?

I won't presume answers for bybee. You need to ask her this.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
This doesn't seem to follow (or, I'm not sure what you're asking here.) How can one love life (writ large) yet, simultaneously love taking part of an unjust ending to a particular life?

I can love roast beef sandwiches (writ very large) yet, simultaneously refuse one if the hateful server at Arby’s was forced to serve it to me.

Bottom line -- God is qualified to give the orders in Deuteronomy, you and I aren’t.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I can love roast beef sandwiches (writ very large) yet, simultaneously refuse one if the hateful server at Arby’s was forced to serve it to me.

Bottom line -- God is qualified to give the orders in Deuteronomy, you and I aren’t.

The irony being that man has sought the authority to tell us just so.

bybee

So what? Killing children was ok if it was war or to stop disease?

I do not understand everything in the Bible. I do seek the wisdom to know the difference between God's judgment and mine.
Personally? I follow Jesus, Son of God who takes away the sin of the world because of LOVE.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Actually, man’s long war against God has been waged since Adam.

Here's a perfect example of relative morality....man defines god; man fights against the very idea or defines for himself a competing version...etc.

Can't you see the very human theme here?

Your gods are illusory, cultural constructs.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's a perfect example of relative morality....man defines god; man fights against the very idea or defines for himself a competing version...etc.
Here’s the perfect example of “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Can't you see the very human theme here?
I know you see the very human theme here.

Your gods are illusory, cultural constructs.
Your rebellion is real...and realized.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Here’s the perfect example of “You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

You believe that concepts of god and satan separate beings? How utterly idyllic.

From your own book of tales: Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
You believe that concepts of god and satan separate beings? How utterly idyllic.
You believe you are equal with God? How utterly idiotic.

From your own book of tales: Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Scripture taken out of context is a pretext for error.