ECT Abide in Christ, or in sin

heir

TOL Subscriber
Only if demonstrated by action not hot air.
No, by the faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You sound like a WORKS kind of Gal.

Well no, I think everybody realizes we are saved by grace not because we ever did anything but God just likes our looks and wants to give us a heavenly retirement. So nice, we can just sleep in every day, get up for lunch and then siesta time. Oh yeah. Bring it on.

I.S.I.T.

The grace of God is given for the righteousness of the faith. Under grace sin shall not have dominion (rule)over you.

Titus 2:11-12

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus Christ through Peter tells us how we can have our sins covered. Sin must be remitted.
First of all, Peter is not our pattern, but Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). Secondly, we don't have need of remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward to blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) as we are forgiven all trespasses (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV) having now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)!

Danoh

First of all, Peter is not our pattern, but Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). Secondly, we don't have need of remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward to blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) as we are forgiven all trespasses (Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV) having now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)!

Yeppers :thumb:

I.S.I.T.

First of all, Peter is not our pattern, but Paul

Nope, Jesus Christ is...Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
First of all, Peter is not our pattern, but Paul

1 Corinthians 3:1-4 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

SaulToPaul 2

1 Corinthians 3:1-4 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

1 Cor 4:15 (KJV)

I.S.I.T.

How similar is your daily life to that of the LORD Jesus Christ's?

Being conformed to the image of God's Son starts within by the working of God's Spirit, being renewed in the heart and mind. His works in us will follow bringing forth fruit. God has given me heart and mind after His own, how bout you? :)

I.S.I.T.

What does that mean, practically, in your daily life?
Can you provide examples?

When a person is born again of God's Spirit this is what must take place first.... "bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Jesus said clean first the inside of the vessel, so that the outside may become clean. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When a person is born again of God's Spirit this is what must take place first.... "bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Jesus said clean first the inside of the vessel, so that the outside may become clean. :)
Again, what do you do in your life to ensure that you have cleaned inside the vessel - where did Jesus say that? Do you bring every thought into captivity to obedience?

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
Paul writes that he is a pattern to us (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). Paul filled up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for Christ's body's sake, which is the church (Colossians 1:24). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Cor 4:15 (KJV)

1 Corinthians 4:15 for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

What gospel?

1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

Paul warned the Corinthians as if they were his children, not yet spiritually mature.

1 Corinthians 4:14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.