ECT A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

way 2 go

Didn't you read Hebrews 11:8?

You have to have obedience and faith. Abraham obeyed God or his faith would have been dead. His faith was even tested when God told him to sacrifice Isaac.

did you not understand what God said to Abram.

Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

way 2 go

Didn't you read Hebrews 11:8?

You have to have obedience and faith. Abraham obeyed God or his faith would have been dead. His faith was even tested when God told him to sacrifice Isaac.

in Abram's 1st covenant believing God was what made Abram righteous
no getting around that

Abraham's 2nd covenant had works
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised

Paul's Mid Acts Dispensation

Rom_2:13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.
Rom_2:23 You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law.
Rom_3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Rom_3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
Rom_4:13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 4:14 For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.
Rom 4:15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,
Rom 4:17 as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations"—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.

way 2 go

I guess you haven't heard ...
God does not consider obedience to be "works"
... unless you want to take into consideration:
“… who fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)

The many who refuse to practice righteousness are not accepted by Him.
It's the olde story ... "the wages of sin is death".
and ...
Those who are permitted to keep the gift of grace-salvation receive eternal life.
I.E. The Lord can take this gift back.

True saving belief = enduring faith + enduring trust + enduring obedience

on judgement day will you be claiming you have been righteous enough to be
welcomed into heaven ?

God's Truth

in Abram's 1st covenant believing God was what made Abram righteous
no getting around that

Abraham's 2nd covenant had works
Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised

Paul's Mid Acts Dispensation

Rom_2:13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.
Rom_2:23 You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law.
Rom_3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
Rom_3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
Rom_4:13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 4:14 For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.
Rom 4:15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,
Rom 4:17 as it is written, "I have made you the father of many nations"—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.

Faith alone is dead. Don't you believe that?

way 2 go

If you obey Jesus now, then you already have a powerful relationship with him and know you are saved.
you are just like the Pharisee

Luk 18:10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.'
Luk 18:13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

ZacharyB

on judgement day will you be claiming you have been righteous enough to be
welcomed into heaven ?
Absolutely ... because I am living as God intended that I live
... having the right heart attitude, which includes following
the guidance of the Spirit, repenting of sin when I slip up, etc.

Why would God ask us to do things, if it was not possible for us to do them?
Things like obeying Jesus' commandments, practicing righteousness, etc.

God's Truth

Absolutely ... because I am living as God intended that I live
... having the right heart attitude, which includes following
the guidance of the Spirit, repenting of sin when I slip up, etc.

Why would God ask us to do things, if it was not possible for us to do them?
Things like obeying Jesus' commandments, practicing righteousness, etc.

Amen.

God's Truth

you are just like the Pharisee
I am not like the Pharisees.
The Pharisees dd not practice what they preached.
They did not admit they were sinners and repent.
They did not acknowledge Jesus before men.
Luk 18:10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.'
Luk 18:13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

See there, we must obey and repent of our sins.