A Walk Through Revelation

fzappa13

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) ...

"works, tribulation and poverty": these stands in stark contrast to the Laodicean "church' that is to follow as well as much of what passes for "Christianity" today ... and yet Jesus tells them they are rich. Peter spoke of this wealth:

1Pet1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

... and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan

Just as the Nicolaitans twice receive mention in Revelation two and three so also does the synagogue of Satan and it's congregation. Who are these who say they are Jews and are not? Perhaps Paul can offer some insight.

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, I haven't heard from Chrys in some time. What became of him?
I haven't been here. I left around 2016 and stuck my nose in after Bob Enyart was murdered under the guise of coronavirus to pay respects.

fzappa13

Ouch. I was not aware of the circumstances surrounding Bob's death. I suspect we will see a great deal more of this. It will become increasingly important whose advice we take I suspect, especially as it regards the medical profession.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ouch. I was not aware of the circumstances surrounding Bob's death. I suspect we will see a great deal more of this. It will become increasingly important whose advice we take I suspect, especially as it regards the medical profession.

Bob succumbed to Covid, being 62 and having other health problems that put him in the "at risk" category.

@Nick M "Murdered" is a bit too strong of a word.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he actually had coronavirus, it is easily treated. And Fauci is a mass murderer.

We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage.

fzappa13

Bob succumbed to Covid, being 62 and having other health problems that put him in the "at risk" category.

@Nick M "Murdered" is a bit too strong of a word.
I suspect that circumstances , what ever they may have been, should be taken into account. I don't know whether or not Bob was "vaxxed" but I am reasonably certain that whatever Covid 19 was, was engineered by people both near and abroad to eventually cause death. In that respect, anyone having fallen victim to it could well be said to have been murdered.

fzappa13

I have many "vaccines" in me as do hundreds of thousands of others in the same group. The jab just isn't one of them and never will be.
My last "vaccine" was a flu "vaccine" that I received while in the Navy (circa 1975) after the assurance that to reject it would be considered as having disobeyed a direct order (and those of you who have been in the service understand the implications of that) and so it accepted it ... and promptly got the flu. Lesson learned.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The DoD still passes out the flu against your will. Mine was at Fort Benning.

Last edited:

fzappa13

The Dod still passes out the flu against your will. Mine was at Fort Benning.
I was pretty much a pin cushion when I was in the third grade when my father, who was in the Civil Service, (the AID, as it turns out, a CIA front) accepted a 2 year assignment in Korea with family. Tetanus, Typhoid, Typhus and Gamma Globulin shots were the order of the day, or so we were told. Through circumstance we fell behind on our shot schedule and I got three at one time to catch up. I spent the night in bed shivering. All told, at this point, I have no interest in being injected with anything by anyone. But, If God wants me, by whatever means, I'm happy to go. I don't fear disease or death ... that's one of the benefits of being a Christian ... and make no mistake, fear is what is being sold to convince us to take all these wonderful "vaccines." As it concerns fear, at this point in life, I'm broke and so I'm not buying it. You can't scare me into killing myself. You're going to have to do the deed yourself and then answer for it.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was pretty much a pin cushion when I was in the third grade when my father, who was in the Civil Service, (the AID, as it turns out, a CIA front) accepted a 2 year assignment in Korea with family. Tetanus, Typhoid, Typhus and Gamma Globulin shots were the order of the day, or so we were told. Through circumstance we fell behind on our shot schedule and I got three at one time to catch up. I spent the night in bed shivering. All told, at this point, I have no interest in being injected with anything by anyone. But, If God wants me, by whatever means, I'm happy to go. I don't fear disease or death ... that's one of the benefits of being a Christian ... and make no mistake, fear is what is being sold to convince us to take all these wonderful "vaccines." As it concerns fear, at this point in life, I'm broke and so I'm not buying it. You can't scare me into killing myself. You're going to have to do the deed yourself and then answer for it.
Every time I hear of ones using fear tactics to prey on people I think of the tune Eric Church did several years (2018) ago called The Snake.

Here's the 4 minute tune with animated drawings.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
KEY SYMBOLOGY

Revelation 1​
(17) When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,​
(18) and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.​

Revelation 3​
(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.​

Many scholars have noticed that the descriptions of Christ in Rev 1 are mentioned in the letters to the 7 churches.
So how is the keys to Death & Hades associated with David's key?

We must remember that the area of the 7 churches was heavily pagan with countless altars and temples dedicated to the worship of the pagan gods and goddesses.
A temptation that believers of the churches were encouraged to resist at all costs.

Scholar David E. Aune (among others), who study biblical narrative and ancient culture of the time, present John's descriptions as a direct slap in the face to the the pagan gods and goddesses of that area.
In this particular analogy John is using the "KEY" analogy for Christ instead of any pagan deity.

The ancient goddess that was said to posses the key to the underworld was Hecate, which became Artemis during the Greek culture and Diana for the Roman culture.
So you find altars and temples named to all 3 of them (Hecate/Artemis/Diana) throughout ancient history.

Hecate was depicted at the Pergamum temple altar of the battle between the Olympian gods and the Titans.
Some may recall the conflict of the background setting at the 2008 Democrat Convention where Obama gave a speech, which was said to be a replicant of the Pergamum temple altar.
1706244164917.jpeg

There are a few symbols that distinguished Hecate.
She was often represented as a 3 faced goddess, as she is above.
Her main symbols were a key (or keys) and a torch (or torches).
She is fighting with her torch in the above pic.

Amulets worn by her followers was usually a key, which are still produced today for the pagans that still follow her.
3 heads, key, and torches.
OIP.fHPVL8EkhP5cn5ZYpknaZwHaHa

Paul has a run-in with Diana worshippers at Ephesus starting at Acts 19:24.

OK, sure, it's easy to see that connection.
But how is that connected to the key of David?
Well, scholars are also aware that the Dead Sea Scroll's manuscripts of the Psalms has additional Psalms than the ones only listed in our bible.
One of those Psalms was specifically about David being given "songs" (psalms) to control demons.
So, many of that time period would have been aware of it.
And thus, when Jesus cast out a demon and the crowd said "Is this not the son of David?", it was evident that they had expectations of the promised Messiah to have the ability to cast our demons.
Matthew 12​
(22) Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.​
(23) And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?​

And we should also take note that in the OT, it is the "servant" that is given the key of David.
Isaiah 22​
(20) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:​
(21) And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.​
(22) And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.​
(23) And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.​
(24) And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.​
(25) In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.​

So this OT prophesy has the "servant" being the one given the key of David.
It is this "servant" motif that Jesus came as the "Servant" at His 1st coming when He defeated death by His resurrection.

Right Divider

Body part
KEY SYMBOLOGY

Revelation 1​
(17) When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,​
(18) and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.​

Revelation 3​
(7) “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.​

Many scholars have noticed that the descriptions of Christ in Rev 1 are mentioned in the letters to the 7 churches.
What makes you think that they are "associated"?
Simply the fact that both use the word "key"?

The "key of David" is a reference to authority over the kingdom of Israel (i.e., David's kingdom). This is clearly a quote from Isaiah.

Isa 22:22 (AKJV/PCE)​
(22:22) And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
Rev 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

fzappa13

KEY SYMBOLOGY

Revelation 1​

Revelation 3​

We must remember that the area of the 7 churches was heavily pagan with countless altars and temples dedicated to the worship of the pagan gods and goddesses.
A temptation that believers of the churches were encouraged to resist at all costs.

Scholar David E. Aune (among others), who study biblical narrative and ancient culture of the time, present John's descriptions as a direct slap in the face to the the pagan gods and goddesses of that area.
In this particular analogy John is using the "KEY" analogy for Christ instead of any pagan deity.

The ancient goddess that was said to posses the key to the underworld was Hecate, which became Artemis during the Greek culture and Diana for the Roman culture.
So you find altars and temples named to all 3 of them (Hecate/Artemis/Diana) throughout ancient history.

Hecate was depicted at the Pergamum temple altar of the battle between the Olympian gods and the Titans.
Some may recall the conflict of the background setting at the 2008 Democrat Convention where Obama gave a speech, which was said to be a replicant of the Pergamum temple altar.
View attachment 9710

There are a few symbols that distinguished Hecate.
She was often represented as a 3 faced goddess, as she is above.
Her main symbols were a key (or keys) and a torch (or torches).
She is fighting with her torch in the above pic.

Amulets worn by her followers was usually a key, which are still produced today for the pagans that still follow her.
3 heads, key, and torches.
OIP.fHPVL8EkhP5cn5ZYpknaZwHaHa

Paul has a run-in with Diana worshippers at Ephesus starting at Acts 19:24.

OK, sure, it's easy to see that connection.
But how is that connected to the key of David?
Well, scholars are also aware that the Dead Sea Scroll's manuscripts of the Psalms has additional Psalms than the ones only listed in our bible.
One of those Psalms was specifically about David being given "songs" (psalms) to control demons.
So, many of that time period would have been aware of it.
And thus, when Jesus cast out a demon and the crowd said "Is this not the son of David?", it was evident that they had expectations of the promised Messiah to have the ability to cast our demons.
Matthew 12​
(22) Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.​
(23) And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?​

And we should also take note that in the OT, it is the "servant" that is given the key of David.
Isaiah 22​
(20) And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:​
(21) And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.​
(22) And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.​
(23) And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.​
(24) And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.​
(25) In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.​

So this OT prophesy has the "servant" being the one given the key of David.
It is this "servant" motif that Jesus came as the "Servant" at His 1st coming when He defeated death by His resurrection.
Nice work ... and no small amount of study and effort. It is appreciated.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice work ... and no small amount of study and effort. It is appreciated.
I have really enjoyed taking time to do this study and not be hurried with it, and have chosen to go off the hum-drum beaten path that a lot of Revelation studies usually take.

I have been reading a lot from academic scholars who research to the hilt about their subject.
It's a lot of reading but well worth it to find so much research done on ancient cultures.
As one scholar said, you have to immerse yourself into thinking like the people of that time, and in that time things like magic and divination were highly revered, and gods/goddesses and mystical spirit beings were the popular rock stars set on pedestals.
It was prevalent everywhere!!!
So try to envision the images that came to their mind when they were reading John's message and what they knew the symbolism was.

After all, even Israel (who had a very personal relationship with YHWH) were easily seduced and went whoring after other gods over and over and over and over and over again.
The allure was just too great for them to resist.
How seductive and tempting it all must have been to know that all you have to do is seek out and appease all those varied supernatural forces for "help".
You could do it right there in the town square and no one would bat an eye.

Invoke those mystical, androgynous, adulterous, thieving, deceptive, child murdering gods and goddesses and their magic potions. (You know, like the Democrats want you to hold in such a high regard these days.)
:giggle:

I believe it is one of the reasons that John delivers the warning to the churches.
Don't be lead astray, but remember who the real Most High is, the real beginning and end is, the real enthroned one in heaven is, the real holder of the keys is, etc.; because those others that claim the same will always be around to tempt you.
So stand firm and always remember those stories the fathers told about the power and riches and mercy of YHWH.

I hope you are enjoying this study as much as I am.

Last edited: