A thought!!!!! This website needs........

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This website needs a foe list! We have a friends list, now we need a foe list. I'm not talking the ignore list either, though I suppose they are similar but you don't ignore a foe. You verbally contend with them on the internet!
I'm not sure I'd very good at that, so I leave that to the foe contenders. I think the most verba I've been was to post that one of the TOLer's had the brains of of a melon, or posted about somebody here on TOL posting absolutely shameful stuff.
It would be interesting if we had a gallery under our friend's gallery. A list of foes. That way we could see we's feuding with :sibbie: !
Yes, that might be interesting.
Who would be on your foe list?
I'm not sure, there are probably a few. And likewise some would put me on the foe list.
Who wants to feud?
"Survey says...."

:think:

Another category I thought of was, "Who do you (absolutely) avoid here on TOL.

bybee

I'm not sure I'd very good at that, so I leave that to the foe contenders. I think the most verba I've been was to post that one of the TOLer's had the brains of of a melon, or posted about somebody here on TOL posting absolutely shameful stuff.

I'm not sure, there are probably a few. And likewise some would put me on the foe list.

"Survey says...."

I avoid Chrysostum and A Seattle Conservative.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One thing that has always intrigued me about TOL is how different members may be on your side on one topic and then diametrically opposed on another topic.

It's too bad there wasn't a way to visualize these circles of agreement and disagreement.

For instance....

Godrulz and I agree on open theism but disagree on faith without works. While Saul to Paul and I agree on faith without works we disagree on open theism.

And of course there are even more smaller examples of agreements and disagreements with each and every member here on TOL.

WizardofOz

This website needs a foe list! We have a friends list, now we need a foe list. I'm not talking the ignore list either, though I suppose they are similar but you don't ignore a foe. You verbally contend with them on the internet!

It would be interesting if we had a gallery under our friend's gallery. A list of foes. That way we could see we's feuding with :sibbie: !

Who wants to feud?

I think that's a great idea! It always surprises me when certain posters go at each other when I would have otherwise assumed they would be buds.

I started a Current TOL Feuds but an adversary list would be awesome!

bybee

Wouldn't know a gauntlet if I saw it....much less, how to throw one.

Are fisticuffs like handcuffs?

A gauntlet is a Knights jousting glove. If he threw it down in front of another Knight it was invitation to do battle. In the days of duels a gentleman would smack another gentleman in the face with his glove and that was thought to be provacation and invitation to a duel.
Fisticuffs? another word for bare knuckle fighting.:DK:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's too bad there wasn't a way to visualize these circles of agreement and disagreement.

Spoiler
food_chain_logo.gif

Arthur Brain

That's General Major Git!

How about A General Lee Major Git?

:plain:

Foe'd!!! We's feuding now!

You should eat some parsnips there hopper, they are a good source of fiber and potassium. Good for when all that hopping gives ya muscles a strain!

One feels the need to bring to your attention the substantial differentiation between said items:

Parsnips (Pastinaca sativa)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/parsnip

Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/parsley

Not the least of the differences being that one is a herb and one is a vegetable...

BTW buddy, mom is making some peanut butter and crackers. When we're done feuding, you want some?

A very kind offer sir although peanut butter doesn't agree with me. Come to think on it that goes for most folk I know also....

Finally I'd like to add that gigantic swellhead Town Blahatic to the list...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Finally I'd like to add that gigantic swellhead Town Blahatic to the list...

This website needs...

Less llama...or is that fewer llama. :eek: Not sure if we can actually Count on that though. :drum:

Else, the problem with foes is in finding one who can get into the spirit of spirited, but rational disagreement (kmo will explain the "r" word to you later, llama). :D

When it gets seriously personal everybody loses.

...much like AB arguing with himself. :plain:

Arthur Brain

This website needs...

Less llama...or is that fewer llama. :eek: Not sure if we can actually Count on that though. :drum:

Else, the problem with foes is in finding one who can get into the spirit of spirited, but rational disagreement (kmo will explain the "r" word to you later, llama). :D

When it gets seriously personal everybody loses.

...much like AB arguing with himself. :plain:

True but it needs more alpacas....:plain:

And I never argue with myself

Usually....

Quincy

Are you saying those are the same sort or are you sneakily advancing a sly leftist agenda, you glitter-vampire-pedophile apologist you?! :mmph:

Why no they are quite different. One is just (not justly) fascist and the other is very fascist! Except for your spouse, who you say is very liberal. We don't bring a fella's spouse into a feud. It's not becoming.

BTW, such a debonair fella as Edward is 17 forever.

Well, at least he married her ? :eek:

And the top four answers are?!?

PROVE
ME
WRONG
!!!!!!

"Survey says...."

Psalmist, you would be the only one of us with no one on their list but you'd actually be on several lists and no one would no why. It's like people who have you on ignore, they must not like nice people :idunno: .

Quincy

My greatest foe is also my twin brother. :IA:

I suspect he disappears when you turn off the lights above the bathroom mirror?

:flamer: can change! They just have to want to :chuckle: .

One thing that has always intrigued me about TOL is how different members may be on your side on one topic and then diametrically opposed on another topic.

I've noticed that. I tend to agree with PureX on a lot of things but on politics he thinks I am childish and selfish. It's hard to express a view on localized government over centralized in text, it seems.

And of course there are even more smaller examples of agreements and disagreements with each and every member here on TOL.

I enjoy reading the MADists take on the new covenant people. It's hair raising sometimes.

I think that's a great idea! It always surprises me when certain posters go at each other when I would have otherwise assumed they would be buds.

I started a Current TOL Feuds but an adversary list would be awesome!

It would be cool, I actually got the ideal from another web forum where they call their ignore list that. They don't actually have a gallery that shows their friends or anything like we do on here so I thought a foe list that shows up in gallery would be kind of neat.

Letsargue

Who wants to feud?

Who are your foes!! - Are they God's foes also, or are they Satan's foes, OR DOES THAT MATTER TO ANY OF YOU "FOES"!!!

Paul -- 041212

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalmist, you would be the only one of us with no one on their list but you'd actually be on several lists and no one would no why. It's like people who have you on ignore, they must not like nice people :idunno: .

My ignore list is empty, for those that I ignore it's like seeing the many people we see in public and never acknowledge or speak to them, but still they are there.

My being on someone's ignore list, they have there reasons, that's okay with me :e4e: that means there was a reaction to something I posted :mmph: