ECT A Simple Bible Study...

marhig

EXACTLY how do you figure John 3:16 is Calvinist ?

John 3:16 for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes will not perish but have ever lasting life.

Believing "whosoever" exactly as John 3:16 is Calvinism ?

There is only ONE body that makes any difference and that is the B.O.C..

The same message was brought to both Jews and Gentiles by two very different Apostles.

God knew what He was doing !

There were no exclusive clubs ! There was, is, and will always be one B.O.C. those in that body are saved and those not in the B.O.C. are lost.

Others were in the B.O.C. before Paul because they heard the only gospel that saves.

Changing the meaning of repentance is so MADist can ignore the teachings of Jesus on repentance by claiming, falsely, that Jesus was to and for only Israel.

Repentance is turning from sin to God.
Great post :)

musterion

EXACTLY how do you figure John 3:16 is Calvinist ?

John 3:16 for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes will not perish but have ever lasting life.

Believing "whosoever" exactly as John 3:16 is Calvinism ?

There is only ONE body that makes any difference and that is the B.O.C..

The same message was brought to both Jews and Gentiles by two very different Apostles.

God knew what He was doing !

There were no exclusive clubs ! There was, is, and will always be one B.O.C. those in that body are saved and those not in the B.O.C. are lost.

Others were in the B.O.C. before Paul because they heard the only gospel that saves.

Changing the meaning of repentance is so MADist can ignore the teachings of Jesus on repentance by claiming, falsely, that Jesus was to and for only Israel.

Repentance is turning from sin to God.

Not only did I offer explanations on most of this last week, which you're now acting like I didn't, but we are not changing metanoia one bit. You are, just like GT and all workers do. It means change of mind, not stop sinning.

http://biblehub.com/greek/3341.htm

You are very dishonest. Not wasting any more time on you.

Danoh

Not only did I offer explanations on most of this last week, which you're now acting like I didn't, but we are not changing metanoia one bit. You are, just like GT and all workers do. It means change of mind, not stop sinning.

Yep.

A simple word study is all that was required.

The very point of the OP.

Which had been the issue of the need to learn how to properly study things out; as how one studies things greatly influences their resulting conclusions.

And clearly, such as dodge remain clueless about the need for the Conscious and Consistent Application of Various Bible Study Principles applied by and implied by, and taught in Scripture.

As a result, he and his kind end up a waste of time - they consistently display they have no interest in such things.

Again, the point of the OP had been the issue of the need to properly study things out; as how one studies things greatly influences their resulting conclusions.

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Danoh

There are so many holes in that it should be called a colander not a commentary.

As one person rightly noted to me elsewhere, the OP is basically a Forensic tracing out of events.

Which implies and is based on the conscious application of Forensic Principles.

Which is what this was...

Luke 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done. 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

And this...

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

The result of said Forensic's findings being...

17:4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Which is what this was...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

The result being...

17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Bible Study Principles Consciously and Consistently Applied that the Scripture both Implies the Use of and Need For, and that It Teaches...

Nehemiah 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.

How had they been able to cause the people to understand the Law?

1- the people stood in their place; heard the thing out;

2 - and by means of...

8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

What had allowed them to cause their understanding?

Again, the people heard the thing out, and by said Priests' reason of use.

In your obvious case, concerning these things of the Lord?

Hebrews 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Truster

What is the purpose of your forensic tracing of events? What is the end result that you desire? You embarked on the exercise for a specific reason or it could not be called forensic. What was that reason?

Danoh

What is the purpose of your forensic tracing of events? What is the end result that you desire? You embarked on the exercise for a specific reason or it could not be called forensic. What was that reason?

Having trouble reading?

From the OP...

...the following is a very simple example of how to study a thing out in Scripture.

We read in Acts 9 that one point, Paul headed for Tarsus.

Supposing you were wanting to study what he did while he was there.

You would do so through seeking to cross-reference possibly related words, phrases, and or passages, where ever they might be found in the Scripture.

What then was Paul doing at Tarsus?

Danoh

Yes I can read, but you didn't give a reason. You explained the method. You even started with " how to" and that is not "why to".

What part of "Supposing you were wanting to study what he did while he was there" remains unclear to you as an example of a given reason?

And so much for your supposed colander of holes.

Please...point them out; I might benefit from your list.

dodge

I am not dishonest you mistake me for being MAD I am not.

Repent means to turn from sin as in:

Act 8:22
Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Context for some reason seems to mean nothing after accepting MAD !

dodge

The purpose to me seems to be IGNORE the context of scripture and follow us(MAD) off the narrow road right out onto the wide road. You know trust us and ignore the teachings of Jesus and everyone else except Paul.