A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Confidence in the flesh !

Confidence in the flesh !

Those who believe in an special people Israel, the physical descendent's of Abraham, they are being guilty of having confidence in the flesh, which means their trust lies within being a mere physical jew or descendant of Abraham, their physical circumcision,just what an converted to God Paul calls confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3-8

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And here its boasting in the flesh 2 Cor 11:18

18 Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.

To have confidence in the flesh means that if one bases favor with God, salvation of themselves or others, on jewish ethnicity, circumcision, learning, ancestry things like what Paul points out in Phil 3:5

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

An Hebrew of Hebrew points to pure jewish ancestry, probably means as far as records were concerned, there were no mix marriages in Paul's family tree and certainly that would give him an advantage over other jews who had commingled with the Samaritans See Jn 4 !

These who believe this way do as Jeremiah writes of here Jer 17:5

Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

They trust in their physical relationship with the man Abraham Matt 3:9

Ps82

I believe that the LORD God has a covenant with the people of Israel. Now, is it a covenant to "save" all their souls? I think not, but he and they did go into a covenant to be used of God. I believe that God is still using them and shows mercy to them for they became an instrument used of God on earth in the eyes of other nations.

I believe that God delivered the gift of salvation through the manifestation of the the promised one. Now, who was/is the promised one from God.
Isaiah 43:11 God speaking of himself.

I (The ONE spiritual God), even I, am the LORD (The literal presence of God, which He manifested unto selected men and unto Israel in the OT), beside ME (as God the Spirit and the manifested presence of the LORD) there is no savior.

God as LORD is our Savior ... but manifested his presence in flesh among men and became his own begotten Son as promised.

Colossians 1:13,14,15,16

To our manifested fleshly LORD all glory and honor is due, because he came to suffer and die for our sins.

The spiritual God could not suffer pain, humiliation, and death, but he could taste those things through the flesh that he took upon himself.

If we honor the promised one who suffered and died physically for us, then we honor the God the Spirit ... for The Father and he are ONE. Jesus professed that if anyone had SEEN HIM, then they HAD SEEN the Father. That is because the Father is LORD God and he is the Son Lord God.

Ps82

Hello beloved57
You said to me:
If you mean Abraham's physical descendants then you have confidence in the flesh !

I'm not Jewish - so I am not trusting in the OT covenant... but I do believe that God is still using Israel.

You can say what you like ... and try to tell me I am not saved, but I know that I am, because I have a personal relationship with the LORD.

Has he called your name out loud? Has he sent you dreams and visions? Has he warned you of impending danger? Has he come to you in dreams and comforted you?

I trust in My Lord for my salvation. Since you say your trust is in the Lord ... the Christ, why do you only claim to be an "Other."

beloved57

Oh ... but our Lord will save a Jewish person too ...

Sure if they are of the Election of Grace, His Chosen People, thats the only way ! Thats the only way He will save a Gentile also, only if they are of the Election of Grace !

beloved57

The Mystery of the Church is it is Israel !

The Mystery of the Church is it is Israel !

Rom 11:25,26

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Jacob here is being Identified as the calling of the Gentiles in Vs 25.

The Mystery of the Church is also the Mystery of Israel. That God would through Christ save Gentiles in the latter times was not something completely unknown by the Prophets, for Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 45:22

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

However, the Mystery was that the Gentile Salvation, which did appear distinct from Israel's Salvation, for instance we read Isa 49:5-7

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

And Lk 2:30-32

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

but all the time that Gentile Salvation was actually one with that of Israel.That is they were part of Israel to be saved also Rom 11:26, that was the Mystery, hence the Gentile Salvation was Christ [The Promise Seed of Abraham] in you the Hope of Glory Col 1:27 and that is the Glory of Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

That Glory is the same as this one for the Gentiles Col 1:27

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Ps82

Hi beloved57,
I have some ideas that I've pondered at times. One concerns the salvation of Israel. Some of the scripture you shared brought it back to my mind.

You shared:
Rom 11:25,26

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

I got the idea from my study in the OT (Numbers 3) that the priesthood of Aaron was actually singled out from among all the tribes to be a sacrifice for the people.

Numbers 3:11-13
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
"And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the first born that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;
Because all the firstborn are mine; for on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I am the LORD."

The way I see this comment is:
God would claim the Levites as a sacrifice unto him instead of claiming his established right to take the firstborn children and animals from among Israel as a sacrifice.

The reference to what happened in Egypt is suppose to help us understand what God was going to do through the sacrifice of the Levites.

Now, I don't fully grasp the similarity, but my thoughts so far are:
The Egyptian gentiles did not have any sort of sacrificial blood covering to protect their first born as Israel did.

In the way that God used the blood of the Lamb to protect Israel... so he would henseforth use the Levites (priests, teachers, and servants of the temple) to protect the people in some way.

I believe that God would allow the Levitical leadership at times to remain blind to the truth for the sake of the people, and he would hold them accountable for the "falling away" of the people due to their own false teaching in order to cover the sins of the people. IOW, the people would be found innocent due to their ignorance of the truth... but the priests, etc., would be held accountable because they corrupted the people because they claimed to know the truth in the scriptures while they actually taught their lack of understanding to the people.

In this way the Levites sanctified (demonstrated in a literal manner) the work God through his Son ...because their sacrifice symbolized how Christ would take our punishment upon himself and be the pleasing sacrifice unto God for the protection of his children.

To me this makes great sense in the day of our Lord Jesus when he lectured the leaders, teachers, and priests of his day.

John 5:37-47
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
And ye will come to me, that ye might have life.
I receive not honor from men.
But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
How can ye believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that cometh from God only?
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses in whom ye trust.
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

This reveals the blindness of these religious teachers even though they claimed they knew the scriptures and trusted in them for salvation. Yes, they knew the scriptures ... but their hearts and minds were blind to the truth in them.

Yet, since Christ, the sacrifice has been made once and for all ... there is no longer any need for animal sacrifice nor priestly sacrifice ... for all those who accept Jesus as their savior are covered by the blood of our high priest. Our Lord Jesus was the ONE promised in I Samuel 2:35,36 to take the place of the Levitical priesthood.

"And I (the LORD) will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house (not like the temporary house of Aaron and Levi); and he shall walk before mine anointed (my "saved") for ever.

And it shall come to pass, that everyone that is left in thine house (The house of Eli a son of Aaron of the tribe of Levi) shall come and crouch to him (the promised ONE) for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, 'Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.'"

I find God's mercy from Christ's words upon the cross, when he even forgave those who caused him to be put to death... and said that he forgave them, because they knew not what they did. Later it was said that: If they had known (understood) who Jesus was, then they would never have killed him. This points to their being left blind until God's will was accomplished for the Christ.

Our Lord Jesus was the ONE to take the place of the priesthood of Aaron ... and become our eternal sacrifice and an eternal priest like Melchizedek.

beloved57

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew!

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew!

Who exactly are God's People ? Many today have been deceived by satan as to who are God's People, even His Own Elect or Chosen. If you were to ask the majority of deceived religion who God's People are, they would reply, the jews as in ethnic jews , the physical descendants of Abraham, however they are all so wrong. No, God's People, His very own People of Choice, are all those He foreknew Rom 11:1-2

I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

This verse should enlighten us that the nation of Israel in and of itself was not God's People of Choice or why cast it away ? That would contradict the point of the verse. Instead it is clear in Vs 2 that God's own People are those He foreknew, not the physical descendants of Abraham, even though some of Abraham's physical seed were amongst those He foreknew.

When scripture declares that Jesus shall save His People from their sins [a promise] Matt 1:21, it does not mean the physical descendants of Abraham [ They are not the Children of God Rom 9:8], BUT those whom He as God Man foreknew !

Yes, since Jesus is God incarnate, God with us, then His People would be the same as indicated in Rom 11:2

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Now understand this, this foreknown People are the same ones Paul mentions here Rom 8:28-29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Its the same exact greek word. So Rom 8:29 gives more understanding as to who the ones Gd foreknew are [His People], and they are all those He did predestinate to be conformed to the Image of His Son who are also these Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

So in essence and in Truth, God's People are all whom He chose in Christ and predestinated before time began, to be conformed to the Image of His Son, jew or gentile !

beloved57

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew!2

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew!2

So when Jesus proclaims to those in Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He is simply saying that they,irregardless of their sincere religious activities and lifestyles and deeds in His Name, that He never knew them to be amongst those that were foreknown and predestinated to be conformed to His Image Rom 8:29, nor did He know them to be of the foreknown of God's People Rom 11:2, He never knew them to of that number, they were not foreknown before hand. Thats what foreknow means, to know beforehand, Two Greek words:

pro = before

ginōskō= to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel

So Jesus never knew them that way . Now understand, this does not mean that Jesus did not know them in His Omniscience, but that He never knew them intimately as those Chosen in Him by the Father Eph 1:3-4 or as His Brethren that were predestinated to be conformed to His Image that He may be the Firstborn of many Brethren Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The Brethren here are the same as those in Rom 8:29, and thats who God's People are and has always been world without end !

beloved57

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew! 3

Who exactly are God's People ? Those He foreknew! 3

This knowing or foreknowing involves God's Special Choice of a People as indicated here Amos 3:2

2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

Cop with Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

And here we observe that God's Choice of a People is governed by His Love for them, and so that should tell us who they are in Jn 3:16. So now we can see the link between God's Knowing / Foreknowing a People or Christ also since He is God, and will be speaking as such in Matt 7:23, We therefore see the connection between Him knowing a Person or People and Him Loving them Amos 3:2; Deut 7:6-7, hence God's Love, Choice nd Knowing.

So in essence, Jesus the God Man is telling those in Matt 7:23, I never loved you, I never chose you !

beloved57

Israel and Church the same by the Resurrection !

Israel and Church the same by the Resurrection !

1 Cor 15:20-22

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die [OT and NT], even so in Christ shall all[OT and NT] be made alive.

The Resurrection of the dead, that even the OT Saints looked forward to by Faith, as Per Job 19:25-26

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth[Christ], and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Job's Redeemer and Hope of Resurrection comes through the Man Christ as Per 1 Cor 15:21

And Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church in His Resurrection Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

So Job as well as all OT Believers are Members of His Body the Church, and their Future Resurrection is through Him as the Head of the Church !

beloved57

The Church !

The Church !

The word church in the greek signifies called out, for the church is called out or separated from the rest of mankind or the world, that world which lieth in wickedness 1 Jn 5:19

19 And we[The Church] know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

They [The Church ] are the ones whom God by His Spirit separates from darkness Acts 26:18; Col 1:13, and especially its seen here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Thats the church called [kaleō] out of [ek]

You put them together you have the word ekklesia which is the word church !

So the church can be called a chosen people, a royal priesthood, an Holy Nation, a peculiar people !

Now all these apply to Israel Ex 19:5,6.

So those called out of darkness into marvelous light constitutes the Church, and the called out here as indicated were typified under old covenant Israel Ex 19:6, in fact they were even called by the Spirit the church in the wilderness Acts 7:38

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Now understand this, the church in the wilderness was the seed of Abraham, a separated people from the rest of the nations of the world, for Stephen even begins His sermon with Abraham being called out Acts 7:2-3

2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.

And this is the beginning of the official outward formation of the church, the called out ones, and this call came to Abraham as an Gentile or as Paul says in Uncircumcision Rom 4:9-13

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

So its the Seed of Abraham that is the Church, the called out ones, and all who are called by Christ that are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So the church in the wilderness which was Abraham's Seed, is the Church in the New Covenant that is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29, the big difference now being, the church under the Old Covenant of Abraham's seed was primarily comprised of Abraham's physical seed who had been given Faith in Christ as he had been given [Jn 8:56], whereas under the New Covenant, it consist more of Abraham's non jewish seed of the gentiles who have been given faith in Christ. Lets remember that Ishmael was also Abraham's physical seed, and he was circumcised because that pictured a deeper truth Gen 17:22-25

22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

The message is this, that Abraham would be given a spiritual seed called out of both jews and gentiles alike, and they are simply the called as here Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called[Seed of Abraham], not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Even though this called people are from out among jew and gentile, its still restricted to Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29.

That Abraham has this exclusive Seed or Offspring from amongst all nations, not just one [national israel] is clear from God's word here when He changed his name from Abram to Abraham Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So technically his Name Abraham should be more connected to him being a Father of many nations more so to just one !

It cannot be made any more plainer that God made Abraham the Father of a Seed that comprised a multitude of nations, which included national Israel, but not limited to. And Paul interprets that here Rom 4:16-18

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

and thats the whole Church, called out of darkness, into the Marvelous light of God's Kingdom of His Dear Son Col 1:13, who by the way is Abraham's Seed. Matt 8:11

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Thats Abraham's Seed, the Church/called out ones, God's Israel from all nations !

beloved57

OT Church and NT Church the Same !

OT Church and NT Church the Same !

We know [if we are spiritual] that the Church under the New Covenant is the same as the Church under the Old Covenant, by their connection to the Resurrection of Christ. You see, the Resurrection of the dead was the Hope of the Israel of God in OT times, we know this by Paul's Testimony Acts 24:14-15

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Acts 26:6,22-23

6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Paul's Ministry to Church / Gentiles fulfills Prophecy which Moses and the Prophets did say would come, and that Hope centered in the Resurrection of Christ, the Head of the Church !

This Hope of Israel, of the Resurrection of the dead Acts 24:15 is fulfilled partially now in the Resurrection of Christ, again who is the Head of the Church 1 Cor 15:21-22

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

All the OT Saints that looked to and expected the Resurrection of the dead, as stated here by Paul Acts 24:15-16 is in Christ 1 Cor 15:21-22, whose Resurrection is that of a Head of His Body Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead/His Resurrection; that in all things he might have the preeminence. CP

1 Cor 15:20

20 But now is Christ [The Head of the Church,His Body] risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Who are the ones who slept ? Its all the Saints prior who fell asleep in the Hope of His Resurrection. Job was one of them Job 19:25-26

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:[The Resurrection]

Those who have fallen asleep comprises all Saints since the beginning of the World, all who died in Faith Heb 11:13

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

If they died in Faith, the Faith, that was once delivered to the Saints, they died in Hope of the Resurrection in Christ. David wrote Ps 17:15

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Which blessing comes through 1 Cor 15:21-22

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ[Their Head] shall all[OT Saints and NT Saints] be made alive.

skinker

"29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Cut-and-paste false beliefs are still false beliefs no matter how many times you Pauline Christians post them. Paul's spiritual authority is zip because he based his beliefs on the Jewish Bible which is now outed as a compendium of Jewish myths or origin, none of them true. There is no spiritual authority in lies and liars so using Paul and the Bible is to no effect except to keep the ignorant in chains of false beliefs.

Ignore historical facts at your own risk, ignore the archeological findings about the authors of the Jewish Bible, but don't ever think by doing so you are following Jesus Christ' teachings to know the truth.

beloved57

OT Church and NT Church the Same ! 2

OT Church and NT Church the Same ! 2

Abraham, the Father of the Faithful [Israel of God] was taught by God the Resurrection of Christ from the dead, by his ordeal with his son Isaac, Hebrews indicates that Heb 11:17-19

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

Many may argue that Christ was not intended here in this testing of Abraham with Isaac, however with the writer stating that it was in figure, coupled with Paul's Testimony that his Faith followed that of his Fathers Acts 26:6-8

6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Abraham would be one of the our Fathers in Vs 6 , for he is the Father of the Faithful whomever they are Rom 4:12

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

The Resurrection of the bodies of the OT Saints, as well as the NT Saints are risen from the dead because of their union with and being members of Christ 1 Cor 6:15

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

And remember , the Resurrection of the Dead depends on the Resurrection of Christ 1 Cor 15:12-13

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

The fact that Job knew that he would rise and see the Lord in his Flesh Job 19:25-26

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It was because his body had been bought with a price through his Redeemers blood.

Again Covenant Israel [True Believers] and the Church, the Body of Christ are the same because of the resurrection of the purchased members of Christ, for Paul writes to the Church at Corinth, that they should Glorify God in their bodies, they being bought with a price 1 Cor 6:19-20

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The Body, Soul and Spirit belong to the Lord, and so in the Last day He shall raise up His Church, His Saints, the whole Household of Faith since the beginning of the World, then should come to pass 1 Cor 15:53-57, which is actually a fulfillment to a Prophecy regarding Israel Hos 13:14, hence Israel and the Church are the same, no not national Israel, but the saved jews in national Israel, which also was Israel Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

skinker

skin

Then you do not believe God's Word !

"God's Word"? Who told you that? Did God tell you that? Or did you learn that from men and a paper and ink object, i.e, not from God directly. When God tells you directly to believe men's Word(s) of God then I will believe you because you'll have proof of direct contact with God as it will no doubt inspire you in many ways that you will communicate to us.

I'm waiting..

Status
Not open for further replies.