A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ

Gal 3:24

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

That the Saints in OC Israel were the Church, the Body of Christ, is seen seen clearly in our scripture text. Now Paul was writing believers that were both of jewish and Gentile descent, but what he was saying here about the law had a special significance to the jewish believers because of their privileged background they were of and the giving of the law Rom 9:4

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Rom 3:1-2

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

However, though less formal the Gentiles also were given the law in its moral precepts as a guide for right and wrong behavior before their Creator Rom 2:14-16

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law [in a formal fashion], do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another )

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Now Paul gives one of the primary purposes of the Law, it was to bring both jew and gentile elect to Faith in Christ, who is the Head of His Body the Church; You see whether jew or gentile, if we belong to Christ, we are Abraham's Seed, and heirs according to Promise Gal 3:16,29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

Gal 3:16,29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And all such Heirs before conversion, before Faith, were still Abraham's Seed and Children of Promise. This is True because Paul tells both jewish and gentile believers that they were as Isaac was, Children of Promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

That connects OT Believers as Isaac with the NT Believers as those Paul was now writing as Brothers in Christ, that shows that Isaac was part of the Church, the Body of Christ as are those believers to whom Paul was now writing Gal 3:29

This is also key to understanding the afore mentioned point that believers are Heirs of promise before believing, because as Isaac, by God was designated an Heir of Promise before he had being, so likewise are NT Believers, the Church !

It was solely by God's Purpose and Word of promise Isaac was an heir, God had stated concerning him Gen 17:15-19

15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Isaac was not offered or given a choice on whether or not he wanted to be an heir of Promise or a child of promise, for God determined that Vs 19

God stated:

I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. See Vs 7 also !

Now what Paul is saying in Gal 4:28, is that in the same sense or manner that Isaac was a child of promise, one whom God sware to establish His Covenant with, so are all Believers in Christ, be they Jew or Gentile, all [Believers] were products of God's sure Word of Promise to Abraham, just as Isaac was.

Last edited:

beloved57

Now Isaac and all subsequent believers receive their being, whether jew or gentile from God's Promise here to Abraham Gen 17:2-5

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. See Heb 6:13-14

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

This promise was not in regard to Abraham's physical seed, but a Spiritual Seed of Faith, a Seed that would be Faithful to God as He was blessed to be, Hence Paul writes to to both believing Jew's and Gentiles this Gal 3:7-9

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

In other words, the Believers in Christ in Paul's time, as well as Paul himself, are believers, people of Faith, as a Result of God's promise to Abraham here Gen 17:2-5

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

All Believers are born out of God's Promise as Isaac was, that is, we become believers in a manner analogous to Isaac's miraculous birth, by an act of God's Power, and not by our own will and effort, and this is the formation of the Church, the Body of Christ, and the Law was given to bring each member of His Body, jew or gentile, O T Believer or New, to bring them to Faith in Christ their Head ! Thats who the Law was a schoolmaster to !

beloved57

The Hope of Israel !

The Hope of Israel !

Acts 28:20

For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

The Hope of Israel that Paul preached, was not the same Hope of Israel that the ethnic religious jews of his day believed in. For they believed in a hope of Israel according to their natural reasoning , that it consisted in a national restoration of the ethnic jewish state, whereas Paul now understood the Hope of Israel to be a spiritual people, hence their differences in this matter led to Paul's persecution by the jews; Acts 26:7; 2 Cor 11:24; 1 Thess 2:14, but yet Paul understood his Hope of Israel, that was contrary to his own countrymen as a whole, was the Hope of Israel held by the Fathers of the Faith Acts 26:6

And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

For instance Abraham Isaac, and Jacob, which hope was spiritual and heavenly Heb 11:8-10;13-16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

beloved57

Wait to my Change Come !

Wait to my Change Come !

Who said the above ? Job 14:14

If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Scholars believe that the book of Job may be the most ancient of the Divine oracles of scripture, in any case these words of the Man of God does reveal unto us that the OT Believers had the same hope showed them as the NT Believers, that of a Resurrection Change, that is Jobs Belief and Hope. It was David's Hope Ps 17:15

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Its the SAME HOPE of Change Paul writes of here 1 Cor 15:51-52

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Phil 3:11,20-21

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

If perhaps there is any difference in what the OT Church believed and the NT Church, it would be the Mystery aspect Paul wrote of 1 Cor 15:51,52

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

That all believers will not experience Physical Death also known as Sleep, but they shall be alive and remaining when that Change does come, When Jehovah Jesus Returns ! This has always been the Hope of the Church, the Seed of Abraham, the Israel of God !

beloved57

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord !

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord !

Ps 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

This Blessed Nation whose God is the Lord, of which the people of it are His Chosen Inheritance, its the Church, those Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Notice in the Ps 33:12 that this People hath the Lord Chosen for Himself !

Well coincidently those Paul writes of in Eph 1:4 as being Chosen by the Father, the greek word chosen is eklegó:

I pick out for myself, choose, elect, select.

Its also in the middle voice meaning God selected or picked them out for Himself, comparable to what is said of that People in Rs 33:12 !

Also in Ps 33:12 this Nation / People Chosen by God for Himself is stated to be His own Inheritance [possession, property, inheritance, heritage]

Now back to Eph 1:4, Paul writes of them as being God's Inheritance Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

The Church is that Holy Nation 1 Pet 2:9

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

That Holy Nation is also that peculiar People as in Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar here in Titus is the greek word periousios:

that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

a) a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

The Nation and Inheritance of Ps 33:12 is the same Chosen Church in Christ as Eph 1:3-4 !

God does not have Two Chosen People, Two Inheritances, nor Two Holy Nations !

beloved57

Israel shall be saved in the Lord !

Israel shall be saved in the Lord !

Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Who is this Israel that shall be saved in the Lord ? Many in organized and deceived religion believes that the Israel to whom this promise is made, are those who belong to Abraham's ethnic children of the land of Israel literally , That is His children according to the flesh.Remember when Jesus said this to some of them Jn 8:37

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Jesus here acknowledges that they were Abraham's seed according to the flesh, and they were called Israel, however that Israel with that consideration alone [ethnicity of the flesh], being only fleshly children of Abraham, that was not the Israel of Isa 45:17 that shall be saved in the Lord with an Everlasting Salvation,for they were not the children of the promise Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[ Abraham's descendants] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Which words mine you are in explanation of the preceding Vs 6 Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Hence with that in Mind, the Israel of Isa 45:17 are the Children of the Promise. So we should also see that Children of Promise and Israel are used interchangeably !

The Israel of Isa 45:17 are the Children of Promise that are counted as the seed. Remember these words Isa 45:25

In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

This verse as well as Vs 17 refers to the Children of Promise of Rom 9:8, which is an explanation of Israel in Rom 9:6

And the Children of the Promise are also the Children of God Vs 8,which is manifested by Faith in Christ as Per Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

So all whom have Faith in Christ Jesus belong to that Israel of Isa 45:17,25 !

beloved57

Israel shall be saved in the Lord !cont

Israel shall be saved in the Lord !cont

Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

So all whom have Faith in Christ Jesus belong to that Israel of Isa 45:17,25 !

Salvation of this Israel is based upon a Promise without conditions upon the ones going to be saved !

Remember Paul refers to the Promise of Isa 45:17 here Rom 11:25-26

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Israel here is the Israel of promise in Isa 45:17, 25

But again, Israel of Promise does not denote all Abraham's Physical Descendants of the Flesh, not that Israel. Remember Paul mentions Israel after the flesh here 1Cor 10:18

Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

Thats not the Israel of Isa 45:17,25 nor Rom 11:26. Look If all Israel meant all ethnic jews without exception, there is a serious contradiction with Rom 9:27

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel[National], Though the number of the children of Israel[National] be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

The Promise for that Nation is not all without exception but a remnant ! The word remnant means:

Remains or what is left behind, which is equivalent to only a few, a small portion ! Read Isa 1:9

Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Ladies and Gentleman, out of Ethnic Israel, the Nation, Abraham's Children after the Flesh, God has promised to save only a small portion of them, a very small remnant !

Never is it all of them without exception ! Not even most of them !

This fact poses an big serious problem to those who falsely believe and teach, that all Israel of the Flesh or of that Nation shall be saved according to Rom 11:26, Isa 45:17,25.

All who believe such false teaching are deceived and probably will remain that way until Christ comes or their death !

The All Israel that shall be saved,are all the Children of God, who shall be made evident by their Faith in Christ, whether ethnic jew or Gentile, Abraham is the Father of us All, If we are of Faith !

Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The Seed of Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
"The Lord has redeemed Jacob and shows His glory through Israel."
"I will put salvation in Zion and give to Israel my glory. My glory I give to no other."

Those are not my words they come from the Lord who sent me. He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life ,what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will possess the light of life.

Only the one who comes from God has seen God. I come from Him He sent me. The Lord and I are One.

beloved57

For the Elect's Sake !

For the Elect's Sake !

2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Its God's Elect of both out of the jews and gentiles that God purposed them to obtain Eternal Salvation with Eternal Glory, which is In Christ Jesus !

Now that has always been God's Purpose, that a Elect People [Israel] would be saved with an Everlasting Salvation and Glory Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord[Christ Jesus ] with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord[Christ Jesus ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Paul knows that their [ God's Elect from both jew and gentile] experientially obtaining Salvation was a sure thing because it rested upon God's Promise unto His Elect People Israel, which did include Chosen Gentiles which had been a Mystery, that means God's Israel, His Elect, the Seed of Israel of Isa 45:17,25, to whom the Promise pertained,were also Gentiles outside of the ethnic Israel jewish race Jn 10:16. It cannot be made more plainer that the Elect of 2 Tim 2:10 were inclusive of Gentiles, for His [Paul's] Apostleship and Ministry were unto the Gentiles, notice Paul's statement earlier to Timothy 2 Tim 1:10-11

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

That was for the Gentile portion of the Israel that was promised Salvation with Glory Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

beloved57

Israel the Election and the Church the same !

Israel the Election and the Church the same !

We know that Israel the Election as in Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

And

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

We know they are Identical when we consider that Jacob is His Inheritance Deut 32:9

9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

which is also stated the same of the Church in the NT, The Church Chosen in Christ before the Foundation Eph 1:4, for whom Christ gave Himself Eph 5:25, is also the Lords inheritance Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Paul even Identifies the OT Saints, which were Elect Jews, as being of the same household with the NT Saints which is comprised of Gentiles and Jews Eph 2:19

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The Household of God is His Inheritance !

The Saints and Household of God here reaches to the OT Saints, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob along with the whole of the household of Faith Gal 6:10

10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The Household of Faith includes all the Spiritual seed of Abraham under both Testaments Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

Israel the Election and the Church the same ! 2

Israel the Election and the Church the same ! 2

We know that Israel, the Election, and the Church, the Body of Christ are the same when we consider this:

Psalm 132:13

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. Compared to Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

First of all, God's Chosen are His Chosen,there are no two groups of people that are God's Chosen !

All ethnic jews in Israel were not God's Chosen, Jesus makes that clear here Matt 22:14

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Paul as well here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[National] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election or Chosen of that Nationhath obtained it, and the rest[of National Israel] were blinded.

Nothing is more plainer here than that all national Israel was not God's Election or Chosen !

Now the Chosen Zion of Ps 132:13,4 is the same as the Chosen in Eph 1:4. Notice what is stated of this Zion "he[God] hath desired it for his habitation."

And that forever Vs 14 Which denotes permanently !

Now what does the same Cod Breathed scripture say of the Chosen of Eph 1:4 which we know is the Church [Eph 5:25], what says it here Eph 2:21-22

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Now interestingly the greek word for habitation here is katoikētērion and means:

an abode, a habitation, and it implies permanency Remember Jesus words here Jn 14:23

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

That word abode also means:

lodging, dwelling-place, room, abode, mansion.

Notice again what is said of the Church Eph 2:22

"builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

Now is not that the same exact dwelling place of God referred to here Ps 132:13,14

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Yes it is, for God in both places is speaking of His Chosen, and they being His Dwelling forever ! How can this be ? Its because they are the same Eternal Tabernacle of God !

Rev 21:3

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

beloved57

Israel the Election and the Church the same ! 3

Israel the Election and the Church the same ! 3

Also scripture saith that He, God The LORD, hath Chosen Jerusalem Zech 3:2

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Now What Jerusalem hath God Chosen, not that one which was compared with hagar the slave woman and her children as Per Gal 4:25

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

But that Jerusalem from above which is free, which is the Mother of us all who are of Faith, the Israel of God Gal 4:26

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 6:16

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Which is also the Jerusalem of Heb 12:22,23

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Which is also the church of the firstborn !

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

That is to say, those whose names have been written in Heaven, are the Church, whom Christ is the firstborn and Head of !

Now who is the firstborn ? Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:15

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Now in the Heb 12:23 verse, the word is in the plural, which is fine because it means all the members of the body of the Firstborn from the dead, which is plainly called the Church, hence, The Church, the Body of Christ is Jerusalem whom God hath Chosen, also Mt Zion !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Jews !

Salvation is of the Jews !

Jn 4:22

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Almost everyone thinks that Jesus means here ethnic jews, Abraham's physical children according to the flesh. But He does not mean them, He means Abraham's Children of Promise, the Children of God, who first enter this world through the flesh. Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Salvation is of those Jews who constitute the Children of God, the Seed of the Children of the Promise !

What constitutes being a Jew or an Israelites indeed in God's Eyes ?

There at least three important guidelines in scripture that are typified by Abraham's Physical descendants of the flesh, ethnic Israel.

First to be a Jew or Israelite, one must have had a relationship with Abraham or to be considered the seed of Abraham !

The physical jew did have this relationship and often boasted of it Jn 8:33,37

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Jesus was saying that He knew they were the Children of the Flesh Rom 9:8a

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

Remember later Jesus said this to them Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

That confirms Rom 9:8 that mere physically being of Abraham's seed did not make God your Father !

Secondly, In order to be a jew or Israelite in the Covenant Community of Israel one had to be circumcised. Remember Paul rehearsing his fleshly confidences stated Phil 3:4-5

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

See Lev 12:3; Gen 17:9-12

Thirdly, to be a Jew, and Israelite, one had to keep the law of God Exodus 20 Deut 5, 10:12

12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

These things constituted Israel , the Jews !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Jews ! 2

Salvation is of the Jews ! 2

Now what has been typified by ethnic Israel, is fulfilled in Christ Abraham's Seed Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed[Israel] were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed Israel, which is Christ.

#1. All who belong to Christ, that is which are believing in Him, they are Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

Thats an criteria for being Israel, a Jew which ethnic Israel typified !

This had nothing to do with race or ethnicity or even gender, but only Faith in Christ. For God had revealed to Abraham centuries earlier that he had a seed amongst the nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father[f a seed] of many nations have I made thee.

And Abraham's Fatherhood here in Gen 17:5 is here expressed by Paul here in Rom 13-18

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

This is Israel, Abraham's Seed consisting in both jew and gentiles who are made believers by supernatural birth which was typified by Isaacs Birth.

This is one of the criteria for being Israel, a Jew, that being, of Abraham's Seed ! In this, Abraham's Seed is the Body of Christ, the Church because it belongs to Christ Gal 3:29 ! Can this Israel be the Church here then ? Isa 41:18

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. Yes it can be, and it is !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Jews ! 3

Salvation is of the Jews ! 3

#2. Also that which the ethnic jews typified as Israel is Circumcision, however this also is fulfilled in Christ, for the circumcision of Christ Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

This circumcision is performed by the effects of Christ's Cross Work,its Heart circumcision by New Birth. This is the beginning of a New Life, the putting off of the old life through partaking of the New Life.

The Lord Jesus Christ as the Resurrected head of His Body, quickens or gives Life to all for whom He died 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

ESV Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

This corresponds to what Peter wrote in being begotten again, and how ? By the Resurrection of Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his abundant mercy has begotten us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

ESV 2001 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And by this one is given a New Circumcised Heart, the circumcision of Christ Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

The True Jews of Israel Rejoice in Christ Jesus !

Paul here in Phil 3:3 saying we are of the circumcision, is not speaking about ethnic jews though some may be included in those He was writing to, however He is speaking of both jew and gentile believers in Christ, who belong to Christ, and who are Abraham's Seed via that mode as Gal 3:29 .

This circumcision had nothing to do with with that he writes of in Vs 5 Phil 3:5, no, what constituted one to be of this circumcision, who worships by the Spirit of God [ New Birth] and Glory in Christ Jesus, meaning His Cross Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The word Glory is the same word rejoice in Phil 3:3 !

Also See Jn 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers[Israel] shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

This comes through the Circumcision of Christ to the Israel of God !

beloved57

Salvation is of the Jews ! 4

Salvation is of the Jews ! 4

And thirdly or #3 Israel keeps the Law of God, the commandments of God. Remember it was said of the aged Saints early in NT History that they kept the commandments of God Lk 1:5-6

5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

This meant they had God given Faith in Jesus Christ, the coming seed of the Woman and seed of Abraham Gal 3:16. It means the Law had been their school master till Faith came, which was Christ Gal 3:23-24

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

That was the purpose of the Law, to keep the Remnant of the Election of Grace in National Israel in expectation of the Messiah, the Seed of the Woman and of Abraham. Now notice Zacharias words here Lk 1:67-79

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Note, This shows that the Salvation the True Jews looked forward to was not national, but spiritual and to do with forgiveness of sins !

78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Christ's birth, life and death under the Law is how believers / Israel keeps the law or the commandments of God, in that He was for them the end of the Law. God's Law would not have its ultimate magnification and honor until Christ would come, and for God's People Israel be made under the Law Gal 4:4-5, and all who are of the Faith of Jesus Christ, keep the Commandments of God, in that He came into the World to obey God's Holy Commandments for them, in their behalf, and to die its accursed death in their stead, and so we have Rom 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rev 14:12

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

They that Keep the Commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus Christ is Israel, are the True Jews !

Its the Israel to whom all the Salvation promises pertain Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord[Christ] with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord[Christ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

All those of the Faith of Jesus Christ, jew or gentile, they are Abraham's Circumcised Seed and they keep the Law of God through the Faith of Christ !

beloved57

That the Church is Israel is seen when we consider God's Words here to Israel His Glory Isa 43:7,21;46:13

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Now lets compare Isa 43:21 with 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Now what do they have in common ? Correct shewing forth God's Praises ! Now that this is speaking of the Church and its Salvation is seen here Eph 1:3-6

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

"To the praise of the Glory of His Grace " For this praise is the same as that spoken of in 1 Pet 2:9; Isa 43:7,21,For the Church is Israel His Glory Eph 1:12,14

12 That we[The Church] should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Now how can the Glory He receives from the Salvation of His Church, a people Created in Christ Jesus Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Now how are these Created any different than the Created in Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

How can the Glory He receives from the Salvation of the Church, His Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4 be any different or subordinate from His Glory in the Salvation of Israel Isa 46:13

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Eph 3:21

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

They are the same !

beloved57

The Church and the Temple the same thing !

The Church and the Temple the same thing !

That the Church Christ shall build Matt 16:18 and the Temple that God shall build in the latter days according to ancient prophecy are the same, is True when we consider this portion of scripture Zech 6:9-13

9 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;

11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Lets begin with verse 9, for this is a typification of the Work of the Man Christ, who is the Branch as Per Jer 33:15

15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

Now this coming Branch will also be a Priest and King[Rule] upon His Throne which again is descriptive of Christ and as such He shall build the Temple of God as per fulfilled here Eph 2:20-22

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ[The Branch] himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Now understand that Eph 2:20-22 follows the exaltation of Christ to His Throne from Eph 1:20-23.

The same Temple is True here 1 Pet 2:4-5

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

A Spiritual House here is another calling or designation for the Temple were the priesthood resides !

All those who are being begotten again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Dead as Per 1 Pet 1:3 these are become the Living stones that He [ Christ the Branch ruling on His Throne] uses to build the Temple of God, while upon His Meditorial Throne as Priest and King !

beloved57

Abraham's Seed as Heirs !

Abraham's Seed as Heirs !

Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed [Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

Lets get it straight, whenever the terminology Abraham's Seed or its variation is used in scripture, its Israel ! No exceptions ! Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Abraham's Seed that were heirs of promise like here Heb 11:8-9

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

and as Per Gal 3:29 they were not his physical seed [Israel], no, not his physical and natural descendants, but his descendants only that were born to him in the manner of and typified by the birth of his natural son Isaac, for thats why Paul wrote to both believing Jews and Gentiles, this Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise[Israel]. Cp Gal 3:29

Heirs to the same Promise as Heb 11:8-9 !

Abraham was given a seed by God that was analogous unto Isaac's supernatural birth, which typified the New Birth of the Spirit [Gal 4:29] and so they become Children of Faith as their Father Abraham Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

That is they were promised Children to Abraham, so they must follow in His footsteps of Faith Rom 4:12

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

And so they become Children of faith and of Abraham as Isaac did, by God's Word of Promise and Power, and not by human freewill or effort. And this is God's Israel ! Which is also the Church, they which belong to Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's[His Body the Church], then are ye Abraham's seed[Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.