A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You tell me, beezelbub. I said not all Israel is Israel. And you disputed it. So I showed where you said the same thing.

You argue for the sake of arguing. Unless it is over your unbiblical cosmic lottery posts.

beloved57

God has not changed towards Israel

God has not changed towards Israel

For God has not changed His purpose of Grace towards Israel, for He keeps His covenant faithfulness [ in spite of the rejection of Him by the jews of national Israel] He keeps His promise by converting the remnant according to the election of grace..That is Paul's point in Rom 11:2

God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. That means there were Jews in Israel He foreknew in their being chosen in Christ and predestinated to the Image of His Son per Rom 8:28

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

So God is Faithful in converting the Jews of the nation who are of the election, and He is Faithful in converting the gentiles of the nations who are of the election..and Gods plan entailed breaking off national Israel for the grafting in of the gentiles..

So in reality, it is those who believe in some kinda postponement theory [ jewish fable] that have no understanding of Gods immutability, for they fail to see Gods purpose in national Israel fall [ Matt 21:42-43 ] and the grafting in of the gentiles per Acts 15:17-18

17That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world

Notice how this calling of the gentiles is associated with the building up of the tabernacle of David vs

16After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

This building again was in a spiritual way..notice how the terminology of building is used by Paul with the adding of the gentiles to build the temple of God Eph 2:19-22

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit

We should all know that the temple was built after the pattern of the tabernacle..

So vs 29 of Romans 11 is emphatically stating that the gifts and callings to the remnant Jews, and the remnant gentiles are without repentance by God; for this is evidenced by the everlasting covenant to Israel has not been annulled by the reject and blindness of National Israel in part, because the election [ within the nation] hath obtained the promises of the everlasting covenant along with the elect gentiles in the world, and this was the Mystery, but now being revealed by the Gospel..

Last edited:

beloved57

Romans 11:32

Romans 11:32

Rom 11:32

32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all

This is one of the most misunderstood verses in romans, and the false teachers and followers of antichrist have a field day with it wresting it out of context. This verse is in the context of Paul's exposition of the mystery !

Rom 11:25

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Eph 3:3

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

And how the unbelief of national Israel [ the partial blindness] was ordered by God for the inclusion or grafting in of the gentiles into Covenant Israel.

Now by God doing this, the gentiles [ the church] would now be instrumental of God, to call by the preaching of the gospel, the elect Jews of the nation into fellowship with Jesus Christ, as well as the elect gentiles too..In other words, now that national Israel is cut off, the elect Jews in that nation will come to faith in Christ through the preaching of the church, which would now be mainly gentiles. So God has by succession plans concluded both Jew and gentiles under unbelief, in order to Have mercy upon all, all people groups..

For at first the gentiles for the most part were in unbelief and ignorant to God and the true way of salvation during the OT era..but now under the new covenant era the tide has changed, and now the Jews for the most part are under unbelief, and now God has mercy on the remnant Jews through the ministry of the gentiles or church..

This was intimated long ago in this prophecy Isa 61:6

But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

remember back earlier in Rom 11 this statement ? Rom 11:12

Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

The enriching of the gentiles, will fall to the enriching of the elect remnant in national Israel, even though for the most part the many Jews of that nation were blinded..

But the gentile church, would be used of God up until the end, to call out of national Israel a people for His name sake, as He called out of the gentiles a people for his name sake see Acts 15:14..

So thats what Paul means in this verse, in having mercy on all.. He shut down earlier the gentiles in unbelief [ OT ] and under the NT He shut down the Jews in unbelief..and He will have mercy upon each people group, for both groups of people contain a remnant according to the election of grace, which are the vessels of mercy, not of the Jews only but also of the gentiles Rom 9:23-24

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Last edited:

beloved57

1 Cor 10:18 Israel after the flesh !

1 Cor 10:18 Israel after the flesh !

1 Cor 10:18

18 Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

Israel after the flesh makes no sense in saying unless there is a Israel after the Spirit..

Rom 9:6

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Last edited:

beloved57

That Jesus Christ is a Saviour unto Israel is the scriptural and biblical Gospel.

Paul preached it Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

That is, He is a Saviour unto the elect, for what is Israel but another name for Gods Chosen or elect.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

God hath raised up Jesus to be a Saviour to His Chosen !

Last edited:

beloved57

A Saviour to Israel means that Jesus Christ purpose was to be a Saviour to Gods elect or chosen.

Acts 13:23

23Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This proves that paul preached a limited atonement, and paul says that if any man preach another gospel different from what he had preached, let them be accursed.

Jesus resurrection was unto Israel, Gods Chosen !

Last edited:

beloved57

Repentance and Remission of sins is only for Gods elect or Chosen. Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

And this Elect Israel is among the Gentiles Acts 11:18

Israel is another way of saying Gods chosen people, His elect.

For any to preach repentance without indicating specifically who it is for as peter does here, they are not preaching the whole counsel of God, which makes it a false gospel.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus is Israel that saves His Israel !

Jesus is Israel that saves His Israel !

1 Cor 2:12-13

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

All scripture first and foremost is spiritual truth, inspired by the Living God 2 Tim 3:16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This applies to both OT and NT. The Lord Jesus Christ fulfills all scripture, all was centered in Him Lk 24:26-27

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Jesus must open our understanding so that we can receive the spiritual meaning of the scriptures, and not just the letter of scripture. Lk 24:44-45

44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

They needed to have a spiritual understanding of the scriptures as how they pertained to Christ, again pointing to what paul meant in 1 Cor 2:13

The Holy Spirit now continues what Christ did, in opening up the understanding of scripture OT and NT to see the Glories of Christ. Jesus said that when He shall come into the world that He shall:

Jn 16:13-14

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14He shall glorify me:

The bringing into existence of National Israel was a type of Christ !

Christ is and always has been the True Israel of God, National Israel was merely a type.

Lets look at this verse and see how it is spiritually applied to Christ.

Ex 4:22

22And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

The inspired writer was inspired to write these words because The Nation of Israel was a type liken unto Christ, Gods Firstborn Son

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Col 1:15

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

And through Him the True Israel of God will be delivered from bondage and sin, sins servitude Jn 8:32-36

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

This nation was designated Gods Firstborn only because it was typical and a shadow , a visible likeness of the True Israel of God, Christ. National Israel was also a type of the body of Christ, for the Head and Body are one.

The Nation was termed the firstfruits Jer 2:3a

Israel was holiness unto the LORD, and the firstfruits of his increase:

Because Christ is the Firstfruit [1 Cor 15:23]

The nation was termed Chosen Deut 7:6 because Christ was Chosen Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

The Nation was called Son Ex 4:22 because Christ is the Son Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

It is only because of Christ all these designations find realization. And Inheritance into Israel is not by natural birth, but by being born of the seed of Christ Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The incorruptible seed of the word of God 1 Pet 1:23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The Inheritance of this Israel is not subject to corruption 1 Pet 1:4

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

This is the Inheritance that Abraham sought after as the Father of the Faithful Heb 11:16

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

This was fulfilled in Christ, The Israel of God, Gods Firstborn Son !

And all that belong to Christ, belong to The Israel of God Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed [Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed [Israel], which is Christ.

Last edited:

beloved57

And So all Israel shall be saved !

And So all Israel shall be saved !

Rom 11:25-26

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

All Israel is saved by God's Mystery plan and purpose, and not according to the natural mind of men.

Israel was saved by God's hardening of non elect jews, from Covenant Israel [ which were ethnic jews who were genuine believers in the messiah] and the grafting in of gentiles believers into Covenant Israel, and in this manner all Israel shall be saved, the Israel of God !

This is confirmed by the mentioning of the gentiles as entering in eiselthein

And what are they entering into ? The Covenant Israel, the Commonwealth of Israel Eph 2:12,19

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The ethnic jews who were saved !

What Paul is is saying, is that Israel of promise is being saved contrary to what people think, its not by God saving all ethnic jews, but by the breaking off of the unsaved jews, and the grafting in of the saved gentiles into fellowship with the saved jews, is how God planned and purpose to save all Israel. This was a Mystery !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Mystery

The Mystery

The use of the term mystery is quite befitting to describe that All Israel shall be saved by means of the gentiles being brought into the Faith of the Messiah, the Jewish Messiah at that !

Although they may not have been quite clear on the matter, but the True Saints of the OT like David and Isiah and the early NT saints like Simeon and others, when prophesying of the coming Messiah and or His work of salvation to Israel, they always had subjoined a reference to the gentiles as well.

Isa 49:6

And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 42:6

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

lk 2:32

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

God of course would raise up Paul to further expound this Mystery !

Last edited:

beloved57

Rom 11:24 & Eph 2:11-13
Rom 11:24

24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Eph 2:11-15,19

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man [Or Israel], so making peace;

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God [Israel];

The Israel that God loves and foreknew use to be represented by both saved and reprobated jews in the Nation of Israel, but now having broken off the reprobated jews [ The physical nation of Israel as a whole] and grafting in the saved gentiles, the Israel of God is represented by both saved jews and saved gentiles, instead of saved jews and reprobated jews.

Last edited:

beloved57

The scripture is full of the evidence that both jew and gentile would be the One People of God, the Israel of God, a Spiritual People, with no ethnic distinction.

That both would be a union of believers in Christ Gal 3:16,29

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This was predicted in the book of Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed [Christ Gal 3:16]; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Later in the book of genesis we have regarding the Sons of Noah this promise Gen 9:26-27

26And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Japheth, a patriarch of the gentiles,, would dwell in the tents of shem, the father of the semitic race.

This was fulfilled with Christ death Eph 2:12-19

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Last edited:

beloved57

According to scripture who is Israel ? Truly in scripture Israel can be defined in three ways. We know for one it means the physical nation of Israel, and taken alone they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8.

However in the scripture truth Israel is also applied to Jesus Christ the Son of God i.e Isa 49:3; Hos 11:1 cp Matt 2:15; and thirdly Israel refers to believers that belong to Christ, which are the seed of Abraham and Heirs according to Promise..

Just like Ishmael could not be a heir as a seed of Abraham per Gal 4:30

30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

So not all of that nation of Israel was the Israel that was heir, heir of God and joint heir with Christ.

Gal 3:29 Rom 9:8 Rom 2:28-29..

Now notice this statement Rom 11:17

17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

It should not be hard to conclude that a physical nation is not the subject as to being grafted into..But now the gentiles were grafted into the same tree.

Now the branches that God removed were the majority of the jews that comprised the physical nation, and gentiles as wild branches were grafted into the olive tree [Spiritual Israel] and now share the future inheritance with the saved patriarchs, the True Israel of God, the promises made to them, hence Paul's statements Eph 3:6

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Gal 3:8
8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Last edited:

beloved57

Now that its established that scripturally there are up to three different Israels #1. The physical nation which is formulated by all the physical seed of Abraham brought out of the land of egypt and constituted a nation at Sinai ex 20. Note, within this nation was also spiritual Israel, True Believers in Christ..

#2 The Lord Jesus Christ, the servant of Jehovah Isa 49:3

3And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Hos 11:1 and Matt 2:15

1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Scripture refers this to Christ Matt 2:15

15And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Jn 15:1

1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Ps 80:8

8Thou hast brought a vine out of Egypt: thou hast cast out the heathen, and planted it.

This vine is also called my Firstborn Son Ex 4:22-23

22And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

23And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

All the above is scripture witness that Jesus Christ is Israel..

#3. All believers who belong to Christ [Israel] are Israel or the seed of Abraham, the children of promise Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The physical jews from Abraham are not the children of promise Israel, but His spiritual children through Christ His seed are, which is the Israel of God which belongeth all the promises..​

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jer 23:5 "Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.'
Jer 23:7 "Therefore, behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when they shall no longer say, 'As the LORD lives who brought up the people of Israel out of the land of Egypt,' Jer 23:8 but 'As the LORD lives who brought up and led the offspring of the house of Israel out of the north country and out of all the countries where he had driven them.' Then they shall dwell in their own land."

Luk 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,
Luk 1:33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."

Luk 1:54 He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy,
Luk 1:55 as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever."

Luk 1:67 And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for he has visited and redeemed his people
Luk 1:69 and has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David,
Luk 1:70 as he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old,
Luk 1:71 that we should be saved from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us;
Luk 1:72 to show the mercy promised to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant,
Luk 1:73 the oath that he swore to our father Abraham, to grant us
Luk 1:74 that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies
, might serve him without fear,

These verses are not speaking of 'the church' but literal national Israel.
Zechariah and Jeremiah were speaking by the Holy Spirit. Gabriel was GOD's messenger.

Was the Holy Spirit mistaken?
David's throne was not located in heaven but in Jerusalem. The 'land' is not heaven but eretz Israel.

The 'Church' is promised heaven. The 'remnant' of Israel is promised a King sitting on David's throne and restoration in 'the land'.

The only way that one can dismiss these truths is to retroactively reinterpret 'Israel' in the OT to mean the 'Church'. This is called 'Replacement Theology' and it is an unjustifiable eisegesis of scripture, in other words, one has forsaken the plain meaning of terms and literal meaning and has resorted to an imposed allegorical interpretation.

Zeke

Acts 1:6, The answer wasn't that God wouldn't restore Israel. Jesus answered it wasn't for them to know when God was going to establish it.

Jer 31:31, is a reference to His covenant People, not the new creation of the one new man.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 1:6, The answer wasn't that God wouldn't restore Israel. Jesus answered it wasn't for them to know when God was going to establish it.

Jer 31:31, is a reference to His covenant People, not the new creation of the one new man.

I agree!

beloved57

Now out of the 3 different Israels that scripture confirms which Israel are the promises to ? This includes the land promise as well.

Lets first look at the promises made to Abraham, who is the representative head of both physical and spiritual seed of Israel the Father of all who believe per Rom 4:16-17

16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, [Believing Israel]

17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Now as we observe these promises to Abraham it is very important to see that there are two types of promises made to Abraham, those that included Him in the promise and those that did not include him.

Now lets look at one of the covenant promises to Him but did not include him !

Gen 12:6-7

6And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.

7And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

This is a promise to give Abraham's physical seed the land of canaan..But this promise was not given to Abraham personally and it was not stated in this promise how long the physical seed of Abram would have this land..

The promise of Abraham's physical seed receiving land without Him appears again in Gen 15:18-21

18In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

19The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

20And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

21And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

And again its mentioned by Abraham Gen 24:7

7The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.

And again, in these references it never speaks of Abraham being made a promise to have this land, but His seed, physical descendants, and not once is it said by God for how long they would have this physical land of canaan...

Now another covenant promise was made to Abraham in scripture which did include Him in the promise Gen 12:1-3

1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 13:15-17

15For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

16And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

17Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Notice this promise God specifically says to Abram that He would give it personally to Abraham, and so the words to thee is used..

For this promise is to both Abraham and His seed both and the possession of this land is eternal..

This covenant promise is spoken again in Gen 17:5-8

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

For this is also confirmed to Isaac and Jacob Gen 26:1-5

1And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.

2And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:

3Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;

4And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Gen 28:12-15

12And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

13And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

14And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

15And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

And so thats why the writer of Hebrews writes that Isaac and Jacob were heirs together of the same promise Heb 11:8-10

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

And this land, inheritance which they sought as a result of the promise was heavenly:

Heb 11:13-16

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

This land or country they sought was not a physical plot of land in the middle east, but a heavenly hope, for as a result of this promise they considered themselves strangers and pilgrims of this earth, because their land promise, their country promise was heavenly..

BTW, it is this heavenly hope of the Fathers that Paul meant here in Acts 26:6-8

6And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Amen, the Land, the Country thast the True Fathers hoped for, was only to be attained through the resurrection of the dead, a heavenly hope, the same peter writes about 1 Pet 1:3-4

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

This is the same promise that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had from those promises made them personally in genesis..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.