A sad but practical lesson on gun control

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://nypost.com/2016/01/09/friends-took-turns-raping-teen-girl-in-brooklyn-playground-cops/

If you have to ask what the point is, you're probably part of the problem.

One had a gun and pointed it at the pair, demanding that the father leave.

The father ran out of the park, desperately looking for help.

I wonder went through the daughter's mind when she saw her father running away, leaving her to fend off 5 thugs by herself?

Are you implying that this coward who abandoned his daughter for his own safety would have carried a gun and used it if it were legal to do so in NYC?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

One had a gun and pointed it at the pair, demanding that the father leave.

The father ran out of the park, desperately looking for help.

I wonder went through the daughter's mind when she saw her father running away, leaving her to fend off 5 thugs by herself?

"How could my father leave me alone with them"?

That is what went through her head and will most probably plague their relationship for the rest of their lives.

musterion

He was a maggot for leaving his daughter like that but otherwise, yes, maybe. Unless he's a gun-hating leftist who'd offer up his own child in the worship of gun-free zones (who knows).

Granite

Hall of Fame
There's nothing good or defensible about this thread or anything's that been said. Sorry I even looked.

glorydaz

http://nypost.com/2016/01/09/friends-took-turns-raping-teen-girl-in-brooklyn-playground-cops/

If you have to ask what the point is, you're probably part of the problem.

People need to wise up. If you're going to walk at night, take a dog, take a loud whistle, take some pepper spray, take a gun. Always plan to be accosted, always be alert.....

Looking back on this situation, we can see that the girl and the dad are ALIVE. The girl was treated and released from the hospital. So, looking back, the price they paid for their ignorance was not as bad as it could have been. They live to tell others to not do what they did.

Before anyone jumps all over me for my hard heart, I'll admit that I can't imagine leaving my daughter to fight them off by herself, and I would have done so rather than leave.... then again, I would have had something to fight with.

Nazaroo

People need to wise up. If you're going to walk at night, take a dog, take a loud whistle, take some pepper spray, take a gun. Always plan to be accosted, always be alert.....

Please.
A dog, maybe, or the dog might have been shot on the spot.
loud whistle? impossible. No one has responded to those since 1880s in London England.

Pepper spray against 5 men with a gun? No chance.
A gun? the only sensible chance. But 50/50 is a very poor chance.
Be alert? worthless. Even Navy Seals are trained that you can only control the 3 feet around you.

Looking back on this situation, we can see that the girl and the dad are ALIVE. The girl was treated and released from the hospital. So, looking back, the price they paid for their ignorance was not as bad as it could have been. They live to tell others to not do what they did.

Its not their ignorance at fault here. Its the fact that you aren't catching and executing robbers.

In Jesus' day they crucified them, and that was quite a deterrent.

Before anyone jumps all over me for my hard heart, I'll admit that I can't imagine leaving my daughter to fight them off by herself, and I would have done so rather than leave.... then again, I would have had something to fight with.

Would have should have.

He did what he had to do to save her life in an unforeseen emergency.

Not every situation is 'winable'.

Nazaroo

"How could my father leave me alone with them"?

That is what went through her head and will most probably plague their relationship for the rest of their lives.

Too bad. He did the right thing.

If the neighbourhood had any balls,
they'd lynch the nearest punks, and leave their rotting bodies in the park
swinging from the trees as a deterrent. There'd be few rapes for a generation or so.