A Reply to Dave Miller

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
mateo, big finn,

good points. this website is a great place, but not for soul winning, apparently.

perhaps this site would be more balanced if the entire board of moderators and administrators were not members of the Enyartian Church ;) See, since most of the mods and admins are Enyartites, it follows that most members in the red on reputation are in the red due to lack of agreement with Enyartian doctrine. We love, not hate. We admit when we're wrong, we don't point fingers back when accused. We answer for our mistakes, and we are humble. I see very little fruit of the spirit coming from followers of Bob Enyart. Not a judgement, just an observation.

But if there were no differences between us, there's going to be no discussion or debate. Then all I would have to talk about is 70s and 80s music ;) :drum: :guitar:

I wonder if there was any debate on the Enyartian domination of this board before March of this year, or was it brought to light at about that time?

Last edited:

Mateo

The Edge said:
mateo, big finn,

good points. this website is a great place, but not for soul winning, apparently.

perhaps this site would be more balanced if the entire board of moderators and administrators were not members of the Enyartian Church ;) See, since most of the mods and admins are Enyartites, it follows that most members in the red on reputation are in the red due to lack of agreement with Enyartian doctrine. We love, not hate. We admit when we're wrong, we don't point fingers back when accused. We answer for our mistakes, and we are humble. I see very little fruit of the spirit coming from followers of Bob Enyart. Not a judgement, just an observation.

But if there were no differences between us, there's going to be no discussion or debate. Then all I would have to talk about is 70s and 80s music ;) :drum: :guitar:

I wonder if there was any debate on the Enyartian domination of this board before March of this year, or was it brought to light at about that time?

Nah, the Enyartian slant and those that have pointed it out have been uneasy bedfellows for quite a while. Nori is the only non-Enyartian Mod that I am aware of. They used to have another, "Goose", who was sacked because of his religious views (not because of his perfomance as a mod) as the result of a witch hunt by Sozo and his alter ego, Freak. They used to go on crusades to get people booted from the forums for improper doctrine and other percieved blasphemies. They even took a run at getting me banned from the Christian only forum but it backfired on them and now there are even more inclusive rules for who may post as a "christian".

Any website reflects the intent and approach of it's owners and rightly so. They are the ones who put in the work to make it all happen. I suspect no one human is completely objective and so niether is any one web site as a result. I genuinely think that, from some of the comments I have read as of late, that some of the powers that be here are actually beginning to at least review and reconsider the wisdom of the anything goes approach to conversation (and moderating). Not that anything will come of it but it is gratifying to see even a minutia of growth and progress in an environment seemingly designed to preclude it... and please understand, I don't think it was the intent of the powers that be to preclude growth and progress I just don't think they understood completely the inevitabilities of this type of format when they started this endeavor.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Mateo, are you saying that this board was created in the beginning to be an Enyartian endeavor?
If so, I guess I can understand why the leadership is so.

What I would like to see is people not going into the red simply because mods don't like them, or because they aren't Enyartian. And I would like to see other Christians have an equal voice without getting jumped all over by the Enyartian horde. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ, and it's really sad that here, on what I still think is the greatest collection of Christian fellowship on the net, you're considered a flamer if you dare to speak against one of Enyart's holy doctrines. I don't think this is all too much to ask, and I'm afraid that in order to achieve it, a restructure of the leadership is needed.

Mateo

The Edge said:
Mateo, are you saying that this board was created in the beginning to be an Enyartian endeavor?

What I would like to see is people not going into the red simply because mods don't like them, or because they aren't Enyartian. And I would like to see other Christians have an equal voice without getting jumped all over by the Enyartian horde. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ, and it's really sad that here, on what I still think is the greatest collection of Christian fellowship on the net, you're considered a flamer if you dare to speak against one of Enyart's holy doctrines. I don't think this is all too much to ask, and I'm afraid that in order to achieve it, a restructure of the leadership is needed.

Yes, the forum that you see before you is largely a vehicle to acquire fresh Enyartians and truth be told they have layed hands on a hand full of souls. Nin's one of them. Concerning the weanie points, I wouldn't be overly concerned about them if I were you. Like the shout box and other such affectations they exist solely to reward and punish those who would embrace or reject (or more importantly, fund) Enyartianity and unless and until the Lord returns or hell freezes over this situation is not likely to change.

There are MANY other alternatives as far a forums go and you might begin to cast about for a better fit. I did and I would hasten to add that this is not the one I spend most of my online time at for reasons that should be beginning to be obvious to you.

Last edited:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:

:darwinsm: BLOTD!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Mateo said:
Yes, the forum that you see before you is largely a vehicle to acquire fresh Enyartians and truth be told they have layed hands on a hand full of souls. Nin's one of them. Concerning the weanie points, I wouldn't be overly concerned about them if I were you. Like the shout box and other such affectations they exist solely to reward and punish those who would embrace or reject (or more importantly, fund) Enyartianity and unless and until the Lord returns or hell freezes over this situation is not likely to change.

There are MANY other alternatives as far a forums go and you might begin to cast about for a better fit. I did and I would hasten to add that this is not the one I spend most of my online time at for reasons that should be beginning to be obvious to you.
Would you be able to tell me about a few of them so I can check them out please? I'm nearly 30 years old so please don't tell me about one unless it has more than just teenagers....I want adults there too. Thanks

Mateo

The Edge said:
Would you be able to tell me about a few of them so I can check them out please? I'm nearly 30 years old so please don't tell me about one unless it has more than just teenagers....I want adults there too. Thanks

I'll PM you with a few.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Big Finn said:
ROTFL!!!

So, that somebody chooses to not deal the same way with you that you deal with them is evidence to you that you are correct????

You seem to have missed the point. Jesus instructs us on how we are to rebuke/repent/forgive.

Just where is the evidence that you changed his mind on anything important????

Perhaps not yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Just how did you convince him that harshness is good???

Firstly, the thread isn't about harshness. It's about how we are to rebuke/repent/forgive. Harshness was used as a tool on this thread so we could move from the rebuke to the asking forgiveness part so we could move on to the forgiving part.

Just how did you convince him that Christian's don't have to ask for forgiveness from God for their sins after their initial conversion????

Are you really this dull? Did you notice that was afalse witness that was rebuked?

Those are the root of the problem he has with your thinking. I don't see that Dave Miller changed his mind on anything of importance. All he did was show he is honest. He is still just as opposed to Enyartianity as he ever was.

It took what, 8 pages, for him to ask forgiveness for that false witness. But he eventually did and was forgiven.

.... and you call that post "evidence" of a "victory".... ROTFL You're hilarious....

Your mocking tone along with your apparent inability to follow along with this thread is pathectic. Once again, it's obvious you use tools like mocking and harshness, you just don't know how, much like dave.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:

What? You didn't reply to my last post to you, did you expect me to reply to your threat of leaving? I'm sort of at a loss on how to reply to your confused smilie.