A question from a newbie

lukecash12

I've received a visitor message. However, I'm not sure how to respond to visitor messages or even if I can. So far I've looked at several sticky threads but they haven't been any help.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just click the "view conversation" link at the visitor message. A window opens and you can respond therein.

lukecash12

Hmmm... I have followed the link "new conversation" and I find myself on a page where my only option with the message is to report it. Are you guys seeing something that I don't or is it an issue of the 25 post count?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
quick, make 6 more short posts in this thread and reach 25. Then you will see the view conversation and reply options.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It may take a few minutes for the software to catch up and grant you the registered plus status :)

Try signing off and then back on.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmm, I see that you still don't show as registered plus. Try making one more quick post. I'm not sure how long it takes for the software to change your status. It is supposed to be automatic but maybe it takes some sort of refresh that only happens hourly or daily. :idunno:

lukecash12

Not sure how to embed flash videos in a post. I've seen others doing it, but the site seems to behave strangely if I put YT tags around something, for example. It'll show the URL and tags in the post, but when I post it that content magically disappears from the post.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure how to embed flash videos in a post. I've seen others doing it, but the site seems to behave strangely if I put YT tags around something, for example. It'll show the URL and tags in the post, but when I post it that content magically disappears from the post.
Here is the url from a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WDiBonBSYw

To embed it as a video in a post, do the following:

With your cursor, highlight and delete everything except what is after the "=" sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WDiBonBSYw

Now highlight what is left and click on the 'youtube' button.
A mall window will pop up asking what you want to name your video.
Type in a video name and click 'OK'.

It will show up as the following:

[ YT="Hold on I'm coming"]5WDiBonBSYw[/YT ]

Now just click on the Submit Reply button and it will appear in video form.

Hold on I'm coming