A question for libs

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If a yet to be invented economic system eliminated poverty but still allowed millionaires to keep all their money, would you support it or oppose it?

quip

BANNED
Banned
If a yet to be invented economic system eliminated poverty but still allowed millionaires to keep all their money, would you support it or oppose it?

:up:

I don't care who, what or how much the rich have. The fundamental complaint derives from basic-needs inequities and distribution/consolidation of wealth.

In your fantasy set-up the former problem is (somehow) solved.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

The impoverished are often found to be in that condition because they make poor choices with money.

Scripture tells us that the poor shall always be with us.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Not enough information about this yet to be invented economic system. When you say "keep all their money" what imaginary utopia is this where there are no taxes?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not enough information about this yet to be invented economic system. When you say "keep all their money" what imaginary utopia is this where there are no taxes?

It matters more to you (and ex) that millionaires are taxed than that the impoverished will be empowered financially :doh:

:nono:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
​​​​​​Obviously not - they need to pay taxes like the rest of us.

Okay, let's say everyone above the poverty level pays the same percentage of taxes every year. That means there will still be millionaires and billionaires among us. Would you support this? I'm trying to find out just how deep most liberals are infected with the sin of envy.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Okay, let's say everyone above the poverty level pays the same percentage of taxes every year. That means there will still be millionaires and billionaires among us. Would you support this?

Okay then yes. When you said "all their money" you weren't clear in what that meant.

I'm trying to find out just how deep most liberals are infected with the sin of envy.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then what is your solution to poverty?

[JESUS]For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.[/JESUS] - Mark 14:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...7&version=NKJV

and

For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread. - 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

quip

BANNED
Banned
[JESUS]For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always.[/JESUS] - Mark 14:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...7&version=NKJV

and

For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread. - 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

Then it's your Christian duty to offer them a slice of bread from your overflowing pantry.