A Prayer Of Salvation For Those Who Are Willing

heir

TOL Subscriber
PRAY THIS PRAYER OF SALVATION:

Dear friends, Take this moment, If you want to accept Jesus Christ free gift of salvation or if have never confirmed it with God, please pray this from your heart, humbly to God right now:

“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. I ASK YOU TO PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, SAVE ME, TAKE ME TO BE WITH YOU WHEN I DIE. I NOW RECEIVE YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME. IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.
The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV although technically no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The formula for salvation is trusting the Lord after hearing and believing it (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Have you trusted Him believing the event that took place 2000 years ago in your stead?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You also have to acknowledge what a complete and utter sinner you are and how all your works of righteousness are filthy rags in the eyes of God. You then also have to comprehend that God saves us by his grace alone not by the recital of a wrote and formulated prayer. And finally you need to understand that faith is also a gift from on high and we do not possess saving faith in and of ourselves. The implication of your post is that we have the power to save ourselves simply by saying some words which is false. God is the one who saves and he chooses the time and place of our conversion not us.
God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the means by which one is saved when they trust the Lord believing it. Simple.

oatmeal

Dear friends, Take this moment, If you want to accept Jesus Christ free gift of salvation or if have never confirmed it with God, please pray this from your heart, humbly to God right now:

“DEAR LORD JESUS, I BELIEVE THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR MY SINS. I ASK YOU TO PLEASE COME INTO MY HEART AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY SINS, SAVE ME, TAKE ME TO BE WITH YOU WHEN I DIE. I NOW RECEIVE YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR. THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME. IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

RRomans 10:9-10 KJV tells you what people need to do to receive salvation.

You do not need to confess that you are a sinner.

You need to confess with your mouth the lord Jesus.

You believe in your heart not that Jesus raised himself but that God raised him from the dead

God's Truth

You believe in your heart not that Jesus raised himself but that God raised him from the dead

Jesus lives to intercede for sinners who repent of their sins.

If you say with you mouth, "Jesus is Lord", then you had better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Believe...

Believe what?

Believe that we all have to obey what Jesus says.

Repent of your sins to him and be saved.

xfrodobagginsx

Why did Jesus die on the cross and rise from the dead? For what purpose?

God's Truth

They will save if you mean it to God from your heart as Romans 10:9,10-13 says.

If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, then you had better be obeying, for who calls someone 'Lord' and not obey him?

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

xfrodobagginsx

4. Dear friends, Take this moment, If you want to accept Jesus Christ free gift of salvation, Or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, pray this from your heart, humbly to God:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe and confess that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I now place my faith in You as my Lord. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven

heir

TOL Subscriber
They will save if you mean it to God from your heart as Romans 10:9,10-13 says.
Romans 10 is not the formula for salvation. The formula for salvation is trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Have you trusted Him believing the event that took place 2000 years ago in your stead?

God's Truth

Romans 10 is not the formula for salvation. The formula for salvation is trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Have you trusted Him believing the event that took place 2000 years ago in your stead?

There is power in saying a prayer confessing sins.

oatmeal

Jesus Christ taught to pray to the Father.

Why is that do you suppose?

A person is saved when the meet the two requirements given in Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Praying is not a necessary ingredient.

That prayer meets the first requirement of confessing with the mouth the lord Jesus, but not the second.

God's Truth

Jesus Christ taught to pray to the Father.

Why is that do you suppose?

A person is saved when the meet the two requirements given in Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Praying is not a necessary ingredient.

That prayer meets the first requirement of confessing with the mouth the lord Jesus, but not the second.

You are badly confused. There is nothing wrong with praying a prayer of repentance and then calling on Jesus to help you.

The problem with the theme of this thread is that repenting of sins and proving ones' repentance is nowhere there.