ECT A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ

SaulToPaul 2

No fib, seems the words of Jesus in the 4 gospels do not apply to the MAD group because often times when I quote Jesus words they say they do apply but to only the lost sheep of Israel,or not to us, or not instructed toward us, yada, yada, yada. Same with quoting OT and the other apostles, except for Paul.

So it seems to me the MAD group really only accepts Pauls teachings as a whole, but then again if I starting getting into Paul teachings on sin, then I bet I can get them to disagree with him as well. So to me their Bibles are real small. :)

Matthew 15:24 (KJV)

I believe him.

Do you?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV).

You'd put Paul on some stupid list too, wouldn't you?
:yawn: You're no Paul. :rolleyes: Greasy gracers (false converts
elvis.gif
) exclude repentance from their
emot-airquote.gif
gospel (Acts 2:37, 38). Maybe you'll
chick_emoticon_sleep_by_pistra.gif
have better luck :rapture: without your head.
rollface.gif

See:

Lordship

I.S.I.T.

elvis.gif
emot-airquote.gif
rollface.gif

See:

Lordship

I recently left another christian site where a doctrine called "hyper grace" was heavily followed. Their main teacher was Joseph Prince, which they quoted all the time. But basically it is the same type of lawless doctrine that tells it's followers ongoing sin does not compromise your salvation, and that there is no need for confession of sin to God, or even repentance from sin because all your sins in the future are already covered. = a license to sin doctrine.

This doctrine also speaks evil of God's commands and laws, but yet is very silent when it comes to speaking out against sin. It is easy believism, or "greasy grace" as some call it. But it grows in popularity because it is pleasing to the ongoing sinful masses, and is basically a doctrine that preaches sin all you want and still be saved. Of course, most the preachers like Joseph Prince do not care about saving souls, but rather filling the pews and offering plates and filling their own bank accounts.

heir

TOL Subscriber
elvis.gif
emot-airquote.gif
rollface.gif

See:

Lordship
Acts 2:38 KJV is not the gospel of my salvation (or yours)! 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the gospel by which I am saved! Are you saved?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I recently left another Christian site where a doctrine called "hyper grace" was heavily followed....This doctrine also speaks evil of God's commands and laws, but yet is very silent when it comes to speaking out against sin.
I don't think they agree with the Psalmist: Ps 119:97 :sozo2:

But it grows in popularity because it is pleasing to the ongoing sinful masses, and is basically a doctrine that preaches sin all you want and still be saved.
If they haven't committed their life to the Lord now--in an age of grace; :straight: it's unlikely they'll do so in the coming Tribulation (Re 2:21, 9:21).
smiley438.gif

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Acts 2:38 KJV is not the gospel of my salvation...

"Ac 26:20 works befitting repentance. Genuine repentance is inseparably linked to a changed lifestyle (see note on 2:38; Matt. 3:8; James 2:18).

...2:38 Repent. This refers to a change of mind and purpose that turns an individual from sin to God (1 Thess. 1:9). Such change involves more than fearing the consequences of God’s judgment. Genuine repentance knows that the evil of sin must be forsaken and the person and work of Christ totally and singularly embraced. Peter exhorted his hearers to repent, otherwise they would not experience true conversion (see note on Matt. 3:2; cf. 3:19; 5:31; 8:22; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20; Matt. 4:17).

...3:8 fruits worthy of repentance. See note on v. 2. Repentance itself is not a work, but works are its inevitable fruit. Repentance and faith are inextricably linked in Scripture. Repentance means turning from one’s sin, and faith is turning to God (cf. 1 Thess. 1:9). They are like opposite sides of the same coin. That is why both are linked to conversion (Mark 1:15; Acts 3:19; 20:21). Note that the works John demanded to see were “fruits” of repentance. But repentance itself is no more a “work” than faith is (see note on 2 Tim. 2:25).

...2:18 someone. Interpreters disagree on whether 1) “someone” is James’ humble way of referring to himself or whether it refers to one of James’ antagonists who objected to his teaching; and 2) how much of the following passage should be attributed to this antagonist as opposed to James himself. Regardless, James’ main point is the same: the only possible evidence of true faith is works (cf. 2 Pet. 1:3–11)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1683). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.