58 Dead, 500 Plus Wounded

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Sure, those things have no practical use.

What we really need in to issue a certificate of mental illness. This means two MDs have to agree the person has severe mental illness, one must be a psychiatrist and the other can be a GP. You have the certificate of mental illness, the person can be sent to the mental house, They can also be let alone, but it is very easy to put them in a mental house. The bonus is once a person has a certificate of mental illness, they can never own any firearms.

We need to crack down on mental illness and begin to take it seriously.
Adam Lanza took his mom's guns though.

And this guy in LVNV .. he was a psychopath .. "antisocial personality disorder" is the DSM lingo .. do MDs diagnose their patients with this? I suppose, if so, then, yeah, pending just corroboration, that person should be incarcerated for life. If you can confirm a person is a legitimate bad guy, then lock him up. I wouldn't have him running around free. It wouldn't matter if you deny him the RKBA, he'll just find another way. Just lock him up.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Adam Lanza took his mom's guns though.

And this guy in LVNV .. he was a psychopath .. "antisocial personality disorder" is the DSM lingo .. do MDs diagnose their patients with this? I suppose, if so, then, yeah, pending just corroboration, that person should be incarcerated for life. If you can confirm a person is a legitimate bad guy, then lock him up. I wouldn't have him running around free. It wouldn't matter if you deny him the RKBA, he'll just find another way. Just lock him up.

ASPD is preceded by childhood conduct disorder, so, these are the obvious losers and easy to detect. I had worked on classes for psychopathy, which can be seen in persons who never had school problems, who hold good jobs and seem OK, yet they have no empathy for life, any life and would kill for any gain.

This man was a psychopath who was also psychotic, but very hard to diagnose. We need to be able to diagnose these type , yet few in mental health know much about them, and few realize how ASPD differs from psychopathic thinking.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sure, those things have no practical use.
True. And the danger they pose runs contrary to our restrictions on automatic weapons.

In a related matter, I nearly choked on my sweet tea when I read Congress pretend the reason for repealing a regulation making it harder for those with mental illness to have firearms was their concern about it stigmatizing them. Sensitive to that but not sensitive enough to push through a bipartisan measure to provide health care for millions of poor children.

Right.

Of course the truth is they repealed it to satisfy the gun lobby and its PR wing, through which so much of their funding for winning and holding office comes, as I chronicled earlier.

What we really need in to issue a certificate of mental illness. This means two MDs have to agree the person has severe mental illness, one must be a psychiatrist and the other can be a GP. You have the certificate of mental illness, the person can be sent to the mental house, They can also be let alone, but it is very easy to put them in a mental house. The bonus is once a person has a certificate of mental illness, they can never own any firearms.

We need to crack down on mental illness and begin to take it seriously.
Agreed. We also need to register guns. It would give law enforcement reason to look in on people stockpiling an unusual number of firearms, like the murderer in Vegas.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I will have to disagree.
They are handy if one has multiple targets to hit in a short period of time.

When does the average citizen have to shoot multiple persons? For by far most, a good 12 gauge shotgun is by far the best. Outside one good handgun is the best if one knows how to use it.

Assault rifles are just not really b-necessary, unless you are fighting a war.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
True. And the danger they pose runs contrary to our restrictions on automatic weapons.

In a related matter, I nearly choked on my sweet tea when I read Congress pretend the reason for repealing a regulation making it harder for those with mental illness to have firearms was their concern about it stigmatizing them. Sensitive to that but not sensitive enough to push through a bipartisan measure to provide health care for millions of poor children.

Right.

Of course the truth is they repealed it to satisfy the gun lobby and its PR wing, through which so much of their funding for winning and holding office comes, as I chronicled earlier.

Agreed. We also need to register guns. It would give law enforcement reason to look in on people stockpiling an unusual number of firearms, like the murderer in Vegas.
Self defense and assault rifles, yes, hunting rifles and shotguns, full length barrel, not so much. Killers hardly use hunting guns.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I will have to disagree.
They are handy if one has multiple targets to hit in a short period of time.
You have less control and precision when you shoot auto. You want to quickly hit multiple targets a bump stock isn't the way to go. That's why soldiers rarely use auto and why the M16A2 went from auto to a three round burst. More is mostly for suppressive fire, which is fine when all the good guys are beside or behind you and all the bad guys are across the way. Keep people's heads down. Maybe inadvertently kill a few people you aren't particularly aiming at. If you're shooting more than one round per squeeze you're losing a lot that matters outside of room sweeping and close quarter combat.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When does the average citizen have to shoot multiple persons? For by far most, a good 12 gauge shotgun is by far the best. Outside one good handgun is the best if one knows how to use it.

Assault rifles are just not really b-necessary, unless you are fighting a war.
If it comes to a war, you shouldn't be without.

The right for citizens to bear arms was not to shoot at deer and squirrels, or a single intruder thief, but for protection from a take over.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Right.

Do you think anyone prescribed an anti-depressant should be banned from ever having a gun?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If it comes to a war, you shouldn't be without.

The right for citizens to bear arms was not to shoot at deer and squirrels, or a single intruder thief, but for protection from a taall in my past.e over.

well, maybe, yet if it gets that bad, it may be time to move on, For me, it is only rabbits , squirrels, deer, hogs, elk, moose and sometimes bears. Now, at may age, I do not even hunt anything; it's l

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
well, maybe, yet if it gets that bad, it may be time to move on, For me, it is only rabbits , squirrels, deer, hogs, elk, moose and sometimes bears. Now, at may age, I do not even hunt anything; it's l
Sure, if a bunch of squirrels come charging into your home, you could pick them off one by one, and have a nice supper.
But if a bunch of crazed armed antifa members charge into your home at once, a mow down rapid fire would be the thing to have.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
ASPD is preceded by childhood conduct disorder, so, these are the obvious losers and easy to detect. I had worked on classes for psychopathy, which can be seen in persons who never had school problems, who hold good jobs and seem OK, yet they have no empathy for life, any life and would kill for any gain.

This man was a psychopath who was also psychotic, but very hard to diagnose. We need to be able to diagnose these type , yet few in mental health know much about them, and few realize how ASPD differs from psychopathic thinking.
Count me as one of them. What is the difference? I thought they were the same, the latter being vernacular of the former.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Sure, if a bunch of squirrels come charging into your home, you could pick them off one by one, and have a nice supper.
But if a bunch of crazed armed antifa members charge into your home at once, a mow down rapid fire would be the thing to have.

Bunch of squirrels, maybe, But who will clean them, I like head shots. Bunch of people coming in my house, a big 10 gauge magnum turkey gun would work best.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bunch of squirrels, maybe, But who will clean them, I like head shots. Bunch of people coming in my house, a big 10 gauge magnum turkey gun would work best.
Not if 20 of them are rushing in at the same time.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
'Say your youngsters are in a field, and a herd of buffalo are charging toward them. You either have a machine gun, or you don't. Which one do you choose?