ECT 10 things D'ists say 1000x to avoid thinking

Interplanner

1, Lk 18 says the disciples never heard of Christ's death for sins.

2, Rom 11 says all of Israel will be 'saved' at a certain future point

3, Acts 1 says the discples actually had the right question about the kingdom for Israel; that Jesus talked about it a lot during the 40 days; that they never would have asked if he had not done so.

4, Heb 8 says the new covenant is only between God and Israel

5, Mt 9 says Christ only sought ministry with the Jews

6, Lk 9's gospel has nothing to do with Christ's death for sins, proving there are several gospels

7, Gal 2's 'preaching (the Gospel) to the Gentiles' actually means there was a gospel for the Gentiles that was different from one to the Jews

8, Acts 15's rebuilding David's tent has nothing to do with the situation in the council room there; it is about the future when there will be a monarchy and Judaism will be practiced again.

9 ______ (please help me build the list to 10)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Paul's my gospel" is one of my favorites.

heir especially likes to use that one.

In the KJB, Paul used the term "my gospel" a whopping 3 times. Dispies don't like to be told that Paul also used the term "my Lord" 2 times.

You don't see the Dispies claiming there was more than one Lord, but they love to go on and on about how there is more than one gospel because Paul said "my gospel".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

In the KJB, Paul used the term "my gospel" a whopping 3 times. Dispies don't like to be told that Paul also used the term "my Lord" 2 times.

You don't see the Dispies claiming there was more than one Lord, but they love to go on and on about how there is more than one gospel because Paul said "my gospel".
It was given to PAUL from JESUS CHRIST

Danoh

Very poor logic, on your part.

Might as well assert that anytime one sees the word salvation in Scripture; it is always referring to the same issue.

Exodus 14:13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

Your logic hereinabove has ended you up in that same drowning :chuckle:

Last edited:

northwye

Don't you know that Christian Zionists can only deal with one issue at a time? And that only in byte speak?

I wonder if whoever took over the work identifying Christian cults from Walter Martin might consider the continual use of byte speak to be a characteristic of a cult?

And here is a metaphor that can have a little humor with it: Christian Zionists can be looked on as being the Flying Monkeys who are the surrogates of Old Covenant Pharisees - a metaphor from The Wizard of Oz"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
10 things D'ists say 1000x to avoid thinking
Is a D'ist a dispensationalist? Or as I like to call them: Dispensensationalists. :D

Luke 18 says nothing about Christ's death for sins. The closest I can get is verses 31 to 34:

Then He took the twelve aside and said to them: "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again." But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.​

2, Rom 11 says all of Israel will be 'saved' at a certain future point
No, it doesn't.

3, Acts 1 says the discples actually had the right question about the kingdom for Israel; that Jesus talked about it a lot during the 40 days; that they never would have asked if he had not done so.
What was the question?

4, Heb 8 says the new covenant is only between God and Israel
That's right. :up:

5, Mt 9 says Christ only sought ministry with the Jews
No, it doesn't.

6, Lk 9's gospel has nothing to do with Christ's death for sins, proving there are several gospels
Well, there are numerous gospels, but this would be a weird way to show it. :AMR:

7, Gal 2's 'preaching (the Gospel) to the Gentiles' actually means there was a gospel for the Gentiles that was different from one to the Jews
That's right. :up: The passage makes no sense if it were otherwise.

8, Acts 15's rebuilding David's tent has nothing to do with the situation in the council room there; it is about the future when there will be a monarchy and Judaism will be practiced again.
Umm, I would say it is about the restoration of Israel; when it is brought back from being cut off.

You've got eight to go. ;)

john w

Hall of Fame

Correct-tell us what these say. Teach us. Please?

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, and His death was a key component of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the basis by which we are/he was reconciled:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21-22 KJV

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31-32 KJV

Explain this wacko Peter's actions. Unpack it for us. Please teach us. Please?

You won't provide a reasoned(Isiah 1:8 KJV), rational explanation. "connecting the dots." Just more humanism, speculation, with NADA interpretive framework, as MAD has, and no scripture-just opinions, about opinions, about opinions of opinions, from your stack of commentaries.

john w

Hall of Fame

Lk 9's gospel has nothing to do with Christ's death for sins, proving there are several gospels
Correct-the gospel of the kingdom, which the Saviour preached, and the 12, including Judas, preached,for almost 3 years, was void of the DBR, as outlined in the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the DBR was hid from the 12, and they all initially denied the resurrection. You've been shown, chapter, verse this, but all we get from you is, "Well, uh, urr, you are wrong, you see, as my commentaries state....................................................................................................................................., well, uh, urr...."

Right Divider

Body part

Three times would be three times too many if it wasn't true. Why would he say it even once?

john w

Hall of Fame

Hey, weakling, Jew hater/anti-Semite-why don't you call him on the points I made, as even you agree with this:(want to see your own quotes, conceding this?)

Correct-the gospel of the kingdom, which the Saviour preached, and the 12, including Judas, preached,for almost 3 years, was void of the DBR, as outlined in the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the DBR was hid from the 12, and they all initially denied the resurrection.

Is it because you are a wimp, w/o a spine, a man pleaser, who will not offend anyone, unless they are of the dispensational/MAD persuasion, since you are so obsessed with allegedly disproving dispies/MAD?

Yes, it is, you spineless weasel. Quit like a man, for a change, little arms/chin one, Frank Burns, Jr.

Interplanner

Is a D'ist a dispensationalist? Or as I like to call them: Dispensensationalists. :D

Luke 18 says nothing about Christ's death for sins. The closest I can get is verses 31 to 34:

Then He took the twelve aside and said to them: "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again." But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.​

No, it doesn't.

What was the question?

That's right. :up:

No, it doesn't.

Well, there are numerous gospels, but this would be a weird way to show it. :AMR:

That's right. :up: The passage makes no sense if it were otherwise.

Umm, I would say it is about the restoration of Israel; when it is brought back from being cut off.

You've got eight to go. ;)

Yes, D'ist is a dispensationalist and think that there are two completely separate programs for the two people groups, Christians and Jews.

Lk 18's lines are used to show that the disciples knew nothing of the death of Christ for sin until then. This conflicts with many, many early passages, as well as the 'sign of Jonah.' Or do D'ists think that Jesus meant to die as a zealot the whole time?

re: Rom 11
I'm glad you don't think it means that. Hard to put "all" and "Israel" in the same time frame, considering the 'birth' of the nation is the birth of Jacob, etc. through to today... By 'saved' they mean the restored theocracy, so I hope you don't think that is happening either.

re: the question of Acts 1
There is only one. 'Will the kingdom/monarchy be restored now?' Not only was it not their business, their business was the power that was being conferred to start the mission of the Gospel, and that kingdom as they thought of it is nowhere in the rest of Acts. D'ists think it is 'there' many times!

re Heb 8
I understand one line sounds like it is intra-Israel and just God and Israel, but chs 9-10 do not. Christ as enacted it as the mediator putting it into effect. He was the 2nd party. Those who are 'in Him' recieve the benefits of forgiveness, grace and mercy that were mentioned. It is all there in chs 9-10, and the land promise is not.

'Only to the lost sheep'
Sorry if the ch was wrong. But the saying is said 1000x until nothing else in the account matters, and thinking has stopped.

Lk 9's other gospel
There's nothing weird about demonstrating a non-death, non-propitiatory gospel this way, but it is not true that there is a different gospel. there never was a different one. There was a kingdom connected because God 'reign's through this message, but never another Gospel.

Gal 2's two gospels
there is no such thing. The Greek grammar is clearly that one Gospel was preached to two audiences. This mistake is on the level of Greek grammar. The case or sentence slot is indicated in Greek spellings whereas it is not in English; in English you have to go by other things, factors, context and sense. The sentence is paralleled by the next about the power that worked in both men was the same to two audiences. He means the same thing each time.

Acts 15
James clearly means the Gentiles who believe. There is no other attachment to "this." Only if he was as confused as some modern readers would he suddenly start talking about things X000 years in the future. They were all there to solve the potential fracture and they did solve it. Things X000 years in the future do not solve them. You don't bring them up. There is no future monarchy restoration anyway. It is in Christ now.

The other two came later. "Paul's gospel" automatically means it is different from everything else, and 10
If the monarchy does not happen, God is a "liar." Never mind the kingdome without hands, the kingdom of dan 2, set up by the Lord of Lords and King of Kings etc.

john w

Hall of Fame

Lk 18's lines are used to show that the disciples knew nothing of the death of Christ for sin until then. This conflicts with many, many early passages, as well as the 'sign of Jonah.' Or do D'ists think that Jesus meant to die as a zealot the whole time?

No, the below scripture conflicts with your commentaries, and what others have told you the book says:

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV