10,000 Reasons…

theophilus

727. For my dear Mama, who proposed Romans 5:3-5 for my encouragement and hope.

Hello sweetie,

I just started https://www.crossway.org/books/the-pillars-of-christian-character-tpb/ and in it MacArthur has me reading through Romans 5:1-11 daily this week.

Romans 5
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

The bolded text I am having to work on but the rest of the passage is potent.

Thank you for the reminder!

:)

theophilus

730. Faith.

Eph. 2:8-10 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Faith is the gift.

Romans 1:1-7 Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, 4 who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake, 6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
7 to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith produces obedience to Jesus Christ, choice by choice, moment by moment, day by day.

Holy Father,

Please bring my every thought, word, deed and motive captive to the obedience of my preeminent Lord Jesus Christ.

I THANK YOU!!!

Amen!

Col. 1:17a - He is before ALL things. AMEN!!!

2 Cor. 10:4-5 - 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

731. Whatever we ask, in His will, we receive!

WOOHOO!!!

:D

theophilus

730 - For 10,000 reasons

Sorry George, I can't open the link.

10,000 Reasons - Matt Redman

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I'll worship Your Holy name

The sun comes up
It's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass
And whatever lies before me
Let me be singing
When the evening comes

Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul

You're rich in love
And You're slow to anger
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons
For my heart to find

Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
Sing like never before
Oh my soul

And on that day
When my strength is failing
The end draws near
And my time has come
Still my soul will
Sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years
And then forevermore

Amen.

theophilus

737. Psalm 19:
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether.
10 They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb.
11 Moreover, by them Your servant is warned;
In keeping them there is great reward.

Amen!

theophilus

738. For Saints who answer their cell phones when they don't recognize the number (or the caller).

:)

And yes, my love, the passage I was looking for WAS Romans 5:3-4. :duh:

More than less I understand how suffering produces hope:

http://www.gty.org/resources/study-guides/40-5207/through-suffering-to-triumph

No one wants to walk this path...but we have a Comforter to help us in our infirmities and a Lord who, in us, goes through everything we go through.

You answered the phone last night and this morning I am still smiling...so you have "made my day" after the fact!

739. The tender mercies and the loving-kindnesses bestowed upon us in the little things (that count forever).

:D

You, sweet sister, are a blessing!

Eagles Wings

739. For those in our families who are not believers. May we pray daily that, God willing, they be brought into the fullness of faith in Christ.

740. Grateful for Chip and Joanna Gaines, a Christian couple on HGTV-Fixer Upper. They are a delightful couple who show love and respect to each other and are raising their children this way as well.