ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
It's for training in righteousness. The words are not confusing.

Do you have to love?

Not to everyone. If it were, sell all you have, get baptized, according to the law of Moses, "to fulfill all righteousness." After all, "The words are not confusing."

Do you have any fig newtons?

See how that works?

Please-have a seat, in the back row, until I call on you.

Jamie Gigliotti

Not to everyone. If it were, sell all you have, get baptized, according to the law of Moses, "to fulfill all righteousness." After all, "The words are not confusing."

Do you have any fig newtons?

See how that works?

Please-have a seat, in the back row, until I call on you.
The law is powerless to make anyone Christlike. But Christ has all the power and with Him all things are possible. I don't advocate following the law, I advocate following Jesus, His Spirit to be all that He desires us to be. Just as Paul's life demonstrated what God can do with a surrendered soul.

"Rather speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from the whole body joined and held together, by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so it builds itself up in love.
Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do in the futility of their minds. They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity. But that is not the way you learned Christ!--assuming that you have heard about Him and were taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the the spirit of your minds, to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:15-24

John please stand up, come to the front, come to Jesus, your zealousness He could use for His great love.

Praying that you come to know His love and are filled with Him, His love and that He and His love, and His light pours out of you. In Jesus name, Amen!

john w

Hall of Fame
The law is powerless to..............

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that all of scripture is addressed specifically to everyone, is directed to everyone, for their respective obedience. Thanks for the coy'npaste, "post any scripture" in "response" brilliance. Standard fare.

John please stand up, come to the front, come to Jesus, your zealousness He could use for His great love.

Praying that you come to know His love and are filled with Him, His love and that He and His love, and His light pours out of you. In Jesus name, Amen!

The old reliable "I will show him how spiritual I am....We will pray for you, my dear misguided John W" technique.

You are beginning to bore us. Sit.

Jamie Gigliotti

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that all of scripture is addressed specifically to everyone, is directed to everyone, for their respective obedience. Thanks for the coy'npaste, "post any scripture" in "response" brilliance. Standard fare.

The old reliable "I will show him how spiritual I am....We will pray for you, my dear misguided John W" technique.

You are beginning to bore us. Sit.

I'm more worried about you, than rebutting in some formalized way that you approve of.

But none the less, Paul's sentiment of God desiring a Holy people to share in His love is the same as Peter's.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm more worried about you, than rebutting in some formalized way that you approve of.

But none the less, Paul's sentiment of God desiring a Holy people to share in His love is the same as Peter's.

Oh. What a mess....Worry for yourself, rummy-get saved. I am a forever justified member of the boc-memorize that.

And stuff your "argument" that all of scripture is addressed specifically to everyone, is directed to everyone, for their respective obedience. You made it up.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Is that your prayer ? Matthew 6:6 KJV 5

Dialogos

Second Question.

If you claim that 1 Peter 2:9 could not be about the Body of Christ because being a royal priesthood can only apply to Israel, then why does Revelation 5 have the elders saying, " And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:9-10 KJV)

Sounds like a royal priesthood to me...

:think:

Third question, when you are going to get around to answering my first question.

john w

Hall of Fame
Second Question.

If you claim that 1 Peter 2:9 could not be about the Body of Christ because being a royal priesthood can only apply to Israel, then why does Revelation 5 have the elders saying, " And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:9-10 KJV)

Sounds like a royal priesthood to me...

:think:

Third question, when you are going to get around to answering my first question.

"hast made us"

You are not "us."

The nation of Israel-a kingdom of priests....

Exodus 19:6 KJV and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The Jordan river....the initiation rights, of the kingdom of priests......Priests, per Lev., Deut., had to go through the water....

All the people/ things to be "baptized", it was the priest who stood foremost. Exodus 29 sets forth the procedure for induction into the priest's office, the "initiation rights", if you will. Two very important steps of consecration are included:

First , cleansing-a washing with water:

"And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and SHALT WASH THEM WITH WATER." Exodus 29:4 KJV

Second, the anointing with oil:

"Then shalt thou TAKE THE ANOINTING OIL, AND POUR IT UPON HIS HEAD, AND ANOINT HIM." Exodus 29:7 KJV

The Lord Jesus Christ.....At the Jordan....The Holy Spirit upon Him=anointing......Then, through the water..................

Last edited:

Dialogos

"hast made us"

You are not "us."
That's your assertion. I got that much. I am hoping you can square your assertion with Rev 5.

John W said:
The nation of Israel-a kingdom of priests....

Exodus 19:6 KJV and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Yes, and at that time they were the only ones to whom God offered that opportunity.

BTW, how'd it go?

John W said:
The Jordan river....the initiation rights, of the kingdom of priests......Priests, per Lev., Deut., had to go through the water....
Interesting theory, where in the bible does it make this association?

John W said:
All the people/ things to be "baptized", it was the priest who stood foremost. Exodus 29 sets forth the procedure for induction into the priest's office, the "initiation rights", if you will. Two very important steps of consecration are included:

First , cleansing-a washing with water:

"And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and SHALT WASH THEM WITH WATER." Exodus 29:4 KJV

Second, the anointing with oil:

"Then shalt thou TAKE THE ANOINTING OIL, AND POUR IT UPON HIS HEAD, AND ANOINT HIM." Exodus 29:7 KJV

The Lord Jesus Christ.....At the Jordan....The Holy Spirit upon Him=anointing......Then, through the water..................
[/quote]
So far so good. Jesus DEFINITELY is the best example of a Priest and a (really THE) King.

Now, how does any of this answer my question?

Rev 5, which you haven't addressed yet, is God's inspired word where John overhears the elders before the throne praising the Lord because by His sacrifice (not the giving of the Law as per Moses) He has redeemed to God a people from every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.

And the same (both Jews and Gentiles per Rev 5:9) He made kings and priests.

So how does this apply to 1 Peter 2:9?

Pretty simple.

Something happened to the wall that divided Jew and Gentile on the cross.

Ephesians 2:14-19 Is the answer.

On the cross, the dividing wall of hostility was broken down in His flesh and consequently the gentile believer is no longer a stranger and an alien but a fellow citizen.

So the "us" really is us if we are in Christ.

And then Rev 5 makes all the sense in the world, because Jesus really did redeem kings and priests from every nation.

So maybe you can try again with question one, why did Paul preach the gospel of grace to the same audience Peter is writing to in 1 Peter?