“I am the mother of a gay son and I’ve taken enough from you good people”

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Animals exibiting "domanance" over each other is not about sex.

Dolphins are the only animal other than humans that is known to have sex purely for pleasure. So no, not all homosexual activity can be explained away by a desire to impose dominance

keypurr

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Fools, judging others. Clean out your own house first.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Out of curiosity, what did Jesus do that made the taboo cotton/polyester blend suddenly not Hell worthy? And why was it a sin in the first place?

in the first place ? Romans 10:3 KJV -

the law was fulfilled in Christ Jesus - Romans 10:4-5 KJV -

Romans 10:1-2 KJV -

Romans 10:6 KJV - Romans 10:7-8 KJV -

Romans 10:9 KJV -

Romans 10:10 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV -

Romans 5:12 KJV - Romans 5:16 - Romans 5:17 KJV - Romans 5:18 KJV

Romans 5:19 KJV - Romans 5:20 KJV - Romans 5:21 KJV -

throughout Pauls epistles, he summarizes Adam thru DBR of Christ and beyond; to the gospel of our salvation and eternal life with God -

Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

PureX

Both sin.

You would if people were stating that its ok with God and you better agree that its ok, or be punished.
People are stating that adultery and fornication are "ok with God" and "you better agree or be punished" just as much as they are stating that homosexuality is "ok with God" and that "you better agree or be punished". Which of course almost no one, anywhere, is stating. Because almost no one, anywhere, believes that.

What is happening instead, is that people are stating that they believe in equality, and freedom, and everyone's right to live as they see fit, in spite of what you or anyone else thinks God approves of or disapproves of. And they will use and support the laws that defend the victims of those who you would use God to abuse.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dolphins are the only animal other than humans that is known to have sex purely for pleasure. So no, not all homosexual activity can be explained away by a desire to impose dominance

You forgot bonobos.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmm, I'm not sure where you get the idea that homosexuals invented the concept of sexual orientation exactly, cite?

As to the rest then let's just get real here. If you're heterosexual, 'normal', straight etc then your orientation is an exclusive attraction to the opposite sex. You don't need to have actually had sex in order to identify as a straight man or woman either. As the woman in the article pointed out you don't get a say in it, that's simply fact else I invite anyone to share that day where they made a conscious decision to start liking the opposite gender. To say that homosexuals have borne the concept of orientation to 'justify behaviour' seems rather daft to me.

For sure, there'll be single people who've never had sexual relations and if that's their choice then fine, but I doubt there's that many either gay or straight.

It's not 'simply a fact' that I am sexually oriented towards the opposite sex. I do not self-identify as straight, nor as heterosexual and I doubt that I have ever referred to myself as such. Do you get this? I do not perceive myself as heterosexual nor do I perceive myself as disabled even though I would certainly be called disabled by most. I do not perceive myself as red-green colour blind. Putting people in boxes is not something I tend to do, nor do I do it to myself. I am conscious of myself and my motivations and desires. I am conscious of some things that I know motivate me but which are not Christian. But these are things I learn to live with. I am not trying to change them. I gave up trying to change them many years ago and was much more peaceful in myself after that. In the same way, as I said before, which I hope you did listen to, I am not suggesting that homosexuals can always change their tendencies. But if you want to be a Christian, to follow Jesus, then you cannot indulge in homosexual acts, just as I cannot engage in the acts that sometimes motivate me.

If a homosexual wants to change his tendencies, then I am all for offering help. But we all have tendencies that are anti-Christian. That is why self-discipline is one of the core ethics of the believer. We put to death the desires of the flesh and live instead by the spirit. The flesh is weak and dying but the spirit gives life and will bear fruit to eternal life. Homosexuals aren't special in this respect. Just because they 'self-identify as homosexual' doesn't mean they are exonerated from the same responsibility of self-discipline as the rest of us. Once you get used to the idea of self-discipline and embrace it, it becomes easier over time. And with the strength of the Lord, may even completely eradicate the unrighteous thought or just subdue it till it is of little consequence in your life. But whatever happens, you don't give in to the thought. The Spirit gives you strength and you overcome.

Homosexuals, in order to justify themselves, have created the boxes. They have defined themselves as homosexual in the expectation that banding together, creating a social sub-group, gives them legitimacy but in so doing they have limited themselves. They have also limited the rest of the people whom they label as straight. I refuse to be limited like this. I am human. I am created in God's image. I was made a little lower than angels and crowned with splendour and glory. When God created me he said that I was very good. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can live a righteous life in the spirit and know true freedom. Those who indulge in unrighteous acts cannot do this.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Out of curiosity, what did Jesus do that made the taboo cotton/polyester blend suddenly not Hell worthy? And why was it a sin in the first place?
:dizzy: Understand the difference between moral law and ceremonial law.

Recommended reading:

The Plot by Bob Enyart

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I wouldn't care what people are if they did not tell me and try to shove the "homo" propaganda down my throat and try to beat me into admitting that it is natural and not perverted.

If they don't like being called perverts they should not broadcast the perverted things they do.

....then they want to teach little kids it is natural and not perverted.

It's not 'simply a fact' that I am sexually oriented towards the opposite sex. I do not self-identify as straight, nor as heterosexual and I doubt that I have ever referred to myself as such. Do you get this? I do not perceive myself as heterosexual nor do I perceive myself as disabled even though I would certainly be called disabled by most. I do not perceive myself as red-green colour blind. Putting people in boxes is not something I tend to do, nor do I do it to myself. I am conscious of myself and my motivations and desires. I am conscious of some things that I know motivate me but which are not Christian. But these are things I learn to live with. I am not trying to change them. I gave up trying to change them many years ago and was much more peaceful in myself after that. In the same way, as I said before, which I hope you did listen to, I am not suggesting that homosexuals can always change their tendencies. But if you want to be a Christian, to follow Jesus, then you cannot indulge in homosexual acts, just as I cannot engage in the acts that sometimes motivate me.

If a homosexual wants to change his tendencies, then I am all for offering help. But we all have tendencies that are anti-Christian. That is why self-discipline is one of the core ethics of the believer. We put to death the desires of the flesh and live instead by the spirit. The flesh is weak and dying but the spirit gives life and will bear fruit to eternal life. Homosexuals aren't special in this respect. Just because they 'self-identify as homosexual' doesn't exonerate from the same responsibility of self-disclpline as the rest of us. Once you get used to the idea of self-discipline and embrace it, it becomes easier over time. And with the strength of the Lord, may even completely eradicate the unrighteous thought or just subdue it till it is of little consequence in your life. But whatever happens, you don't give in to the thought. The Spirit gives you strength and you overcome.

Homosexuals, in order to justify themselves, have created the boxes. They have defined themselves as homosexual in the expectation that banding together, creating a social sub-group, gives them legitimacy but in so doing they have limited themselves. They have also limited the rest of the people whom they label as straight. I refuse to be limited like this. I am human. I am created in God's image. I was made a little lower than angels and crowned with splendour and glory. When God created me he said that I was very good. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can live a righteous life in the spirit and know true freedom. Those who indulge in unrighteous acts cannot do this.
This is one of the best responses I've ever read here at TOL. DR, this and your other replies here have been both thoughtful and elegantly written. Well done.

Tinark

There are many behaviors found in nature to be anomalous, the logic here is recognizing that the behavior is unnatural and not embracing an anomaly as normal/natural behavior, because in the end it is not. This is an issue of feelings trumping logic...must be why liberals herald this issue so much given they use emotion/feelings instead of logic to shape their worldview.

Wearing shoes is unnatural. Do you choose to embrace this unnatural behavior and do you try to make it normal/natural behavior? Because in the end it is not.

Tinark

Looks like she is walking her son into hell to me.

Love protects and shes not protecting.

So a parent can walk their child into hell? It can sometimes be the parent's fault that someone ends up in hell? Had the kid been lucky enough to be born to the "right" mother, hell may have been avoided? Hell is in large part the random luck of circumstance?

IMJerusha

Ah, Leviticus. I assume you check the labels on your clothes to make sure they are made from only one type of fabric (Lev. 19:19).

Immaterial...(pun intended). It's important that the context of God's Law is understood here. In those days, heathen priests and pagans adorned themselves with garments made of vegetable and animal materials. God's Law was designed to differentiate His people from heathens. God didn't want His people behaving like those who worshipped false gods. There is a New Covenant in effect now, however, through Yeshua. If we believe in Yeshua and follow Him, we are following the One True God as opposed to a false god. We are free to follow the Law against clothes of wool and linen woven together or not. Personally, I wouldn't because items made like this have to be dry cleaned and I can't afford it nor would I wish to waste my money on dry cleaning. :)

A lot of people would say that by this logic, homosexuals who believe in Yeshua can continue in homosexual practice. No, they can't because God has declared homosexuality to be an abomination and God does not go against Himself nor would the Son go against the Father. If God had made man and woman the same, it would be a different story altogether but He didn't. God's established a Headship and it is His plan. Believers can not function against His plan and still consider themselves believers.

Last edited: