ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

I like to look at it like we (Christians) are united on the essentials and its ok to beat each other up over the other stuff. If I'm speaking to someone who is saved, what's wrong with heated debate? In the end, I have no ill feeling toward the person I disagreed with. Look at BR X. How many people really liked Lamerson but strongly disagreed with him? We can love each other without it always being hugs and roses.

For those who are not Christian, is it loving to hug them and pat them on the back on their way to hell? "I sure love you and wish you wouldn't go to hell, but I packed you a sandwich for your journey!" That attitude is sick.

beanieboy

This thread reminds me of a Simpsons episode I watched yesterday.
Bart is sent to Catholic School, but to their parents' dismay, Bart enjoys Catholicism.
There is a struggle between Ned Flanders and the priest, until Ned says, "You know, we have been arguing for far too long over petty matters. Let's unite against the real enemies, like monogamous homosexuals." Bart says, "See? With a little tolerance from each side, were can live in peace and harmony."

1000 years later, two groups have formed, prepared for war.
"We believe that Bart said that we should live in Tolerance."
"We believe that Bart said that we should live in peace and harmony"
Charge!!!!!!! (and they begin to fight).

Jesus called for people to love God, and love one another.
So, it's not far off when people argue, or kill, in the name of Jesus.

While Jesus did say "do not think that I came in peace but to divide", he is also called Prince of Peace.
He is quoted many times saying "Peace be with you."

But one cannot take everything Christ said at face value.
One cannot say, "Jesus is anti-family, because he said:
Luke 14:26"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.

He meant to divide families, and unified families are unchristian:
Matthew10: 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

So, are you unified by your own family, or are you christian??

Or maybe, being anti-family, isn't what Jesus meant at all, but that by following Jesus, people will divide - and sometimes, even families.

beanieboy

Don't worry. I won't be posting here much.
I just came back to check my email, really.
I find it a bit ironic that Knight would go to another site, and complain about their rules, but when someone complains about his, people call it whining.
And some of you were banned.

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Karmielionnnnnn.

~Agnostic~

This may or may not be related. Christian Forums banned me for calling people pseudo-Christians. In other words, I broke one of their rules that said you can't tell anyone that they're not a Christian. So I was banned. And I used scripture to back it up too. Incidentally, when these pseudo-Christians (not referring to anyone in this particular forum) told me that I was not a true agnostic, they didn't seem to have a problem with it. Just so i didn't say that they weren't true Christians (according to biblical standards). Clearly a double-standard in my perspective.

Sozo

~Agnostic~ said:
This may or may not be related. Christian Forums banned me for calling people pseudo-Christians. In other words, I broke one of their rules that said you can't tell anyone that they're not a Christian. So I was banned. And I used scripture to back it up too. Incidentally, when these pseudo-Christians (not referring to anyone in this particular forum) told me that I was not a true agnostic, they didn't seem to have a problem with it. Just so i didn't say that they weren't true Christians (according to biblical standards). Clearly a double-standard in my perspective.

We promise here not to refer to you as a Christian. :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
~Agnostic~ said:
I don't see anything wrong with double standards.

For instance....

At TOL we are biased towards the truth. In other words we will be far more tolerant of a Christian blasting a pervert than we would be of a pervert blasting a Christian.

Know what I mean?

GuySmiley

~Agnostic~ said:
No sandwiches for your trip to hell from TOL.

~Agnostic~

Sozo said:
We promise here not to refer to you as a Christian. :thumb:
I was referred to as both a theist and an atheist by two very adamant members of Christian Forums who seemed to have intense ego problems.

Knight said:
I don't see anything wrong with double standards.
No? Are you representing this forum with your statement, or merely expressing individual opinion?

For instance....

At TOL we are biased towards the truth. In other words we will be far more tolerant of a Christian blasting a pervert than we would be of a pervert blasting a Christian.
Do you believe me to be a pervert? Further, are non-Christians perverts? And what if I should blast a person who professes Christianity with biblical truth?

Know what I mean?
I'm sorry, no. Not quite. Perhaps you can elaborate.

GuySmiley said:
No sandwiches for your trip to hell from TOL.
None requested. But on what basis do you believe that you are going to heaven yourself?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
~Agnostic~ said:
No? Are you representing this forum with your statement, or merely expressing individual opinion?
:noid:

Do you believe me to be a pervert? Further, are non-Christians perverts? And what if I should blast a person who professes Christianity with biblical truth?
When I said "pervert" I was using what we call an "example". Examples can be useful in the English language.

~Agnostic~

Knight said:
Not sure?

When I said "pervert" I was using what we call an "example".
Yes, an example regarding perverts. The bible does use the term pervert.

2Sa 22:27 With the pure You show Yourself pure, And with the perverted You show Yourself astute.

Mt 17:17 And Jesus answered and said, "You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him here to Me."

Tit 3:11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

Would this be the context that you were using the term?

Examples can be useful in the English language.
Biblical validation is also welcome.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
~Agnostic~ said:
Would this be the context that you were using the term?
I was speaking of double standards and I said....

For instance....
I wasn't calling you a pervert nor was I calling anyone else a pervert.

I was merely using an example to demonstrate our bias and our acceptance of double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.