Looking for a new moderator

Jaltus

I'd vote for GP.

I doubt I have the time it takes to spend in the Creationism area, and I am unsure as to whether I'd have the backing to give the same kind of beat-down that Bob-B always gave.

Flipper

Jaltus wrote:

I doubt I have the time it takes to spend in the Creationism area, and I am unsure as to whether I'd have the backing to give the same kind of beat-down that Bob-B always gave.

Eh? Admittedly, Bob was heavily outnumbered (always a disadvantage) but I seem to recall he got cornered and pinned on many an occasion.

Also, I just can't seem to see you trying to peddle largescale hydrodynamic sorting as the explanation for the geological column. In fact, I would be quite surprised if you pushed a YEC position at all, as you've always been rather discreet regarding your views of the whole creation/genesis thing.

Jaltus

You'd be surprised.

Anyway, my specialty is physics. All those other piddly little sciences like biology and chemistry are below me (read: I don't know squat about them).

Flipper

Jaltus:

As a former physicist, are you unenamoured by the physics of current dating practices (isochron, not the other kind)?

I'm interested to know in what way you think our current geologic dating practices stand or fall?

yog^sothoth

BANNED
Banned
for kicks and giggles

for kicks and giggles

I have a decent knowledge of evolution, archaeology, biology, a bit of chemistry and a lot more of religion. I have been the the CEO of an electronic community much larger than this one and did so rather succesfully until the time of the great net crisis in which ad revenue sunk to the low that it is now. I know the guy who started IGN/snowball and for whatever its worth, I brought a dead site back from the grave twice. Once from a hacker attack and another time from a mad programmer gambit. There ya go!

nick

firechyld

Everyone's getting moderater-ised! Can I be a moderator on the Current Events board? I promise I'll be good!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks guys for all the offers! You are all so very generous!

Currently we are at FULL strength. And I must say this is the BEST crop of moderators TOL has ever had!

I will keep all of you in mind if an opening arises.

Adam

Hall of Fame
I don't think there is a single thread on TOL that has more banned people who posted in it than this one.

Sozo

Adambassador said:
I don't think there is a single thread on TOL that has more banned people who posted in it than this one.

Just wait a couple of weeks and there will probably be another one. :chuckle: