X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulos View Post
    Does Jesus change?
    Hebrews 13:8
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Based on your understanding (not the Biblical one) of this text, then Jesus is eternally in the resurrected body of a man, and was so when he was born.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
      Yep. Now pay attention, please: Relational to, unconstrained by. He can go through time as you and I, but His movements are "inside" His creation. He has time insomuch as He relates to us but 1) it is impossible for Him to be unidirectional only 2) If you agree He has no beginning and is God very God, then you admit to # 1 whether you see the logical dots or not. You'd be essentially saying "nuh-uh" but then saying He is God, your "nuh-uh" is negated (double-negative). To say He is God (no beginning) is to say He is beyond time as we know it, regardless if you think otherwise. Everybody but apparently the few hundred open theists understands this.
      You are not paying attention. When God said "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness", then according to you, God the Son was a Man with nail scars in His hands as those words were spoken, and exists eternally with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost View Post
        You are not paying attention. When God said "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness", then according to you, God the Son was a Man with nail scars in His hands as those words were spoken, and exists eternally with them.
        I'm sure glad that you still have the energy to fight this fight. I've gotten too old and my brains have been fried by some of my struggles on this site.
        God's love, mercy and forgiveness keep me going!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
          My argument is not that God is not in eternity, but that eternity is not separate from time.

Isaiah 57:15
          God operates from eternity. Eternity defies time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sky. View Post
            God operates from eternity. Eternity defies time.
            Do things happen in "eternity"? Time is merely the name we give to describe the sequence of events. If God can think...it takes time to think.
            fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

• Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
              Do things happen in "eternity"? Time is merely the name we give to describe the sequence of events. If God can think...it takes time to think.
              Has open theism lead you to believe that God is not all knowing, and that you don't believe in His Omniscience?

Comment

If He was not always flesh and became flesh...that does change who He is. His righteousness and eternal nature doesn't change...but He did experience a change from not being flash to becoming flesh.
                "Oh look, there's a pimple on your forehead!....who were you again?"
                My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Do you have any Scripture to show God is in eternity rather than in time?

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• Originally posted by sky. View Post
                    Has open theism lead you to believe that God is not all knowing, and that you don't believe in His Omniscience?
                    What does that mean?
                    fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

If God can think...it takes time to think.
                      You've just proved that sky is outside of time.

Comment

My argument is not that God is not in eternity, but that eternity is not separate from time.

Isaiah 57:15

? Yep

Comment

Yup, and 'according to Our likeness' means you are invisible, right?

? Yep

Comment

Based on your understanding (not the Biblical one) of this text, then Jesus is eternally in the resurrected body of a man, and was so when he was born.
                            Yesterday: me - gray T-shirt. Today: tan T, same me.

? Yep

Comment

Yes, a little side-corner.

? Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                Yesterday: me - gray T-shirt. Today: tan T, same me.
                                Not the point at all. How are you missing it?

Was Jesus in a body that was prepared for Him prior to creation?

Is Jesus is in a body now?

Comment

Working...
                                X