Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The Bible does not teach that God is timeless. This is sheer Platonic philosophy adopted by Augustine, C.S. Lewis, etc. Other great Christian thinkers have rightly disputed this from a biblical perspective.

The Scriptures PROCLAIM the eternality of God. If you don't get it then I guess it is just one of those (very important teachings) that is revealed to a Christian. Like I said you should shut up.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Scriptures PROCLAIM the eternality of God. If you don't get it then I guess it is just one of those (very important teachings) that is revealed to a Christian. Like I said you should shut up.

YES, I fully affirm the eternality of God (He is uncreated without beginning and end). Just because you are simplistic in your understandings does not mean the rest of us have to compromise.

Like I said, you should stay out of debates you know little about. Great Christian thinkers have held A and B theories of time without compromising the truth that God is eternal (which does not have to mean timeless, but can and should mean endless time).

sky.

BANNED
Banned
YES, I fully affirm the eternality of God (He is uncreated without beginning and end). Just because you are simplistic in your understandings does not mean the rest of us have to compromise.

Like I said, you should stay out of debates you know little about. Great Christian thinkers have held A and B theories of time without compromising the truth that God is eternal (which does not have to mean timeless, but can and should mean endless time).

Really? so how do you affirm God's attribute of eternality by holding him to a man made clock? You're funny and dumb.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Really? so how do you affirm God's attribute of eternality by holding him to a man made clock? You're funny and dumb.

Clocks are a manmade measure of time (duration/sequence/succession). They should not be confused with time and especially not with God. Even if a clock is broke, time marches on. Even if God did not create a material universe with unique measures of time, He will still experience unending duration (or you have Jesus on the cross and in eternity past at the same divine moment).

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Clocks are a man made measure of time (duration/sequence/succession). They should not be confused with time and especially not with God. Even if a clock is broke, time marches on. Even if God did not create a material universe with unique measures of time, He will still experience unending duration (or you have Jesus on the cross and in eternity past at the same divine moment).

Duration or foreknowledge. I choose God's foreknowledge of the duration. Why do you wrap God up in a clock?

1 Peter 1:20

20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Just because a temporal being claims that time is supreme and cannot have ever been created or cannot imagine God being timeless and above sequence or beyond duration doesn't make it so.
And vice versa.

So how about we go to the Scripture? Show us the verses that prove you right...

sonictap01.gif

Aimiel

Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

He didn't say, "In the year 200," or, "A long time ago..." He said, "In the beginning," because that's when time BEGAN.

And the evening and the morning were the first day.

He didn't say, "First 'earth' day," or, "First day of a new creation." He said, "First day." It means that was the first time there was succession or time, as we understand it.

I'm not making this up, or putting a spin on Scripture. I'm reading it as a child would: with an open mind. When you do that while studying The Holy Bible, God gives you understanding. When you listen to someone's interpretation or read Scripture with pre-conceived notions is when you get into trouble.

By the way, it was 5,773 years ago, approximately.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Genesis 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

He didn't say, "In the year 200," or, "A long time ago..." He said, "In the beginning," because that's when time BEGAN.
:rotfl:

:mock:Aimiel

He meant the beginning of creation, moron.

And the evening and the morning were the first day.

He didn't say, "First 'earth' day," or, "First day of a new creation." He said, "First day." It means that was the first time there was succession or time, as we understand it.
It means it was the first day as a measurement of time, you twit.

You're an idiot.

I'm not making this up, or putting a spin on Scripture. I'm reading it as a child would: with an open mind. When you do that while studying The Holy Bible, God gives you understanding. When you listen to someone's interpretation or read Scripture with pre-conceived notions is when you get into trouble.
You're reading into it; you're not reading it for what it actually says. You are the one reading it with preconceived notions. You're mind is closed.

Tehmill

Time is in God..."it is not for you to know the times and seasons which the Father has placed in His own hands"

It is also implicit in His full name "I am what am and I will be what will be" time is not seperate from eternity but is in eternity.

Letsargue

Time is in God..."it is not for you to know the times and seasons which the Father has placed in His own hands"

It is also implicit in His full name "I am what am and I will be what will be" time is not seperate from eternity but is in eternity.

Come On!! ---- There is NO Time IN God!!!!!!

( Revelation 10:6 KJV ) --//--

It kinda seems as though God doesn’t want the Fools to know anything, - but to the Justified, he reveals all?? – ( 1 Thessalonians 5:1 KJV ) ---&--- ( Matthew 16:3-4 KJV ) ---//--- ((( NO!!??? ))) - Did you miss that; or just about everything?? --- (((( Read the Book ))))!!!!! - Is it not there??? -- How blind can anyone get in that generation???

Paul – 070413

Letsargue

Chrysostom, the opening post explains what that means, and shows that time doesn't only apply to us but also to God, in that the eternal persons of the Trinity were different in eternity past than they are now, and as one example, God the Son was not eternally "the Son of Man."

It'd be so neat for you to respond to particulars in the Opening Post.

For example, were you surprised that all those "timelessness" phrases are from pagan Greek philosophy whereas all the phrases showing extended, unending time were from the Bible?

-Bob Enyart
KGOV.com

(( Time does Not Apply to GOD ))!!!!! - But ((( God Applies / "God Applies" ))) to Time / "Everything"!!!! -- Read the Book!!! -- ((( Nothing else Applies to anything )))!!!

Paul -- 070413

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Rev. 6:10 try another version...the Greek does not say there will be no more time, but no more delay....

Time is mentioned several times in Revelation/eternity (half hour, etc.).

Rev. 1:4 uses tensed expressions of God. Timelessness is not Platonic, not biblical.

Aimiel

It means it was the first day as a measurement of time...
Agreed. It was the first time that was measured, since there was a creation to measure the time. God had been eternal, is eternal and always will be. His creation is subject to time. He isn't, since He never changes.

Letsargue

Rev. 6:10 try another version...the Greek does not say there will be no more time, but no more delay....

Rev. 1:4 uses tensed expressions of God. Timelessness is not Platonic, not biblical.

The Scriptures / the Word of God / Christ / the Gospel, was the Power of God unto / “( Unto )” Salvation, from Beginning to the Ending of the “Unfulfilled Word”, or until His final coming, and that Time (( Was the "Delay" ))!!! - Christ is, and was the Alpha and the Omega, (( the "Beginning and the End".)!! --- At the End, Christ:>>-- ( 1 Corinthians 24-25 KJV ) – 24- “Then cometh the ( End ), when He shall have delivered up the Kingdom “( To )” God, even the Father; ((( when He "shall have" put down all rule and all authority and power ))). 25- For he must reign, till He hath put all enemies under his feet”. ---///---

Just what do you all think, “( putting His Enemies (( “Under His FEET” )) “IS” )”???

We who “Died with Him, and were Buried with Him, and were Resurrected with Him”; - look ( Down ) at those (( Under our feet )) / (( the Feet of the “Body of Christ” )), from the Cross, at those under our FEET!!!! --- ( Revelation 14:13 KJV ) ---&--- ( Colossians 2:11-13 KJV ) – The Lost can only look up to the Cross, to “Him” who has taken up His own cross, and followed Christ to His Rest forever more.

There is nothing left to do, but for Us to Try / “Try” to pull someone out of the ( Fire ), that knew not what they Did to God!! --- ( Jude 1:23 KJV ) ---///--- There is no Time any longer, It is DONE!!! – This is Written!!!

Paul – 070413

Letsargue

Godrulz; -- You may have missed a few points of God. – No one is saying that the Old Earth, and its heavens, and sun, moon are going anywhere except ( away from God ). God just Left it Desolate, or without Him. -- That’s the ending of it. – God has always been present in it, but (( NO Longer )); not in the carnal sense, but in the God sense / Spiritually gone, or burned up, or dead. – It is (( Replaced )), or Reborn, or Born again:>-- ( Isaiah 66:8 KJV ), --< by the New Heavens and New Earth that cannot be corrupted in any way, being of the Spiritual Truth Creation of Christ, the (( “Anointed” Word )); -- and in this (( “Place” )), where HE IS, and We are, there is no time, - just eternity while time still goes on in the death of the Old.
Yesterday some fool died for ever, and tomorrow another fool will die there, another time; -- but here, they both died the same Moment!! Thus in Truth / Here, when everyone dies in sin, they die at the same moment in Christ / Here.

Paul – 070513

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agreed. It was the first time that was measured, since there was a creation to measure the time. God had been eternal, is eternal and always will be. His creation is subject to time. He isn't, since He never changes.
Just because there was no measurement of time does not mean there was no time. God moved; He did things. Or are you wanting to argue that God did absolutely nothing for eternity until He created the Heavens and the Earth?

Aimiel

I would simply argue that God isn't subject to time as we are. His Glory and His paradigm are not even seen, much less understood by anyone in this earth.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Was the eternal Word always flesh or did He become flesh? If so, this is a change. Platonic ideas are not biblical.

Aimiel

Is: "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever," in Scripture or not? I believe He has never changed, even though He took on The Form of Flesh. He was still God Almighty. Do you believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.