Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

Holy Scripture teaches there are 3 heavens:

Two created.

One being the eternal (thus uncreated) realm of God.

The first heaven, is the created atmosphere and sky that is visible to man, in which creatures fly.

The second heaven, is outer space, which God created to give guiding lights to mankind, in order to navigate earth and sea.

The third heaven, is the realm of God's Being. And since this realm is eternal, it is divine, and therefore, is not created, but rather is the everlasting spiritual description of where God IS, and where He reigns and rules in full glory, forever and ever.

Nang

Okay, I accept that description of the heavens ... but the truth remains that God was able to manifest his appearance with an IMAGE in at least the two created... the heaven where angels appear (Psalm 82:1 KJV) ... and in the visible heavens that are related to our physical earth ... no matter how high one goes above the earth.

It seems that there is even another realm where God can cause his IMAGE to appear ... for after the crucifixion Christ, who is the image of God (Colossians 1:15), appeared in hell and preached to those of his choice there. I believe that He appeared there and that perhaps the lost souls in that place also appeared before him.

It also seems that God can manifest his visible presence in the less tangible realm of dreams and visions inside men's minds.

Could there be more places he might appear? I wonder.

Last edited:

Ps82

Well, sure . . . that is the gospel message.

The Lord from heaven, lowered Himself to come in human form, in order to mediate reconciliation between infinite God and finite men, to build a heavenly Kingdom!

"Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death; that is, the devil." Hebrews 2:14

You wrote:

Yes. But I am not sure it is wise to call this "image" of God, a created "it."

The "image" of God is solely found in uncreate Jesus Christ, and those created in His image. It is the self-concept of uncreated God of His Person, that has been shared with His creation of mankind.

Your thoughts are inspirational, but I caution you not to become too mystical, on this subject.

Nang

I'm glad to see that you wrote - YES regarding the image of Genesis 27,28 KJV.

Allow me to ask a few pondering type questions:
Do you believe that God is an infinite eternal invisible spirit?
If He is an invisible Spirit, then what might he do in order to appear?
Wouldn't he need to create something for himself?
Doesn't Colossians 1:15 reveal to us that the IMAGE of God was the firstborn of ALL CREATURES.

I know that you wanted to relate the term first born to - those being born again for the kingdom ... but then ALL CREATRUES are not born again... while it is true that ALL CREATURES were created.

The image of God was the firstborn of ALL CREATURES who were created.

This is why I understand that God first created an image for his own use ... then created an image with which Adam would appear ... and Adam's image was formed after the likeness and image belonging to God. Once again - evidence that God's image came first.

How does all this IMAGE talk relate to the topic?

While God, as the creator, established the processes that evolve over time ...
It was still with His use of His own image that God entered the heavenly, earthly, and etc. realms of creations and therefore was able to enter into time himself.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'll look but let me leave you with this. If the souls of the dead are with God in eternity now. Then where is God?
My argument is not that God is not in eternity, but that eternity is not separate from time.

Isaiah 57:15

ghost

Hall of Fame
Does Jesus change?

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.​
Based on your understanding (not the Biblical one) of this text, then Jesus is eternally in the resurrected body of a man, and was so when he was born.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Yep. Now pay attention, please: Relational to, unconstrained by. He can go through time as you and I, but His movements are "inside" His creation. He has time insomuch as He relates to us but 1) it is impossible for Him to be unidirectional only 2) If you agree He has no beginning and is God very God, then you admit to # 1 whether you see the logical dots or not. You'd be essentially saying "nuh-uh" but then saying He is God, your "nuh-uh" is negated (double-negative). To say He is God (no beginning) is to say He is beyond time as we know it, regardless if you think otherwise. Everybody but apparently the few hundred open theists understands this.
You are not paying attention. When God said "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness", then according to you, God the Son was a Man with nail scars in His hands as those words were spoken, and exists eternally with them.

bybee

You are not paying attention. When God said "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness", then according to you, God the Son was a Man with nail scars in His hands as those words were spoken, and exists eternally with them.

I'm sure glad that you still have the energy to fight this fight. I've gotten too old and my brains have been fried by some of my struggles on this site.
God's love, mercy and forgiveness keep me going!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Do things happen in "eternity"? Time is merely the name we give to describe the sequence of events. If God can think...it takes time to think.

Has open theism lead you to believe that God is not all knowing, and that you don't believe in His Omniscience?

Lon

If He was not always flesh and became flesh...that does change who He is. His righteousness and eternal nature doesn't change...but He did experience a change from not being flash to becoming flesh.
"Oh look, there's a pimple on your forehead!....who were you again?"

Lon

Yup, and 'according to Our likeness' means you are invisible, right?

Lon

Based on your understanding (not the Biblical one) of this text, then Jesus is eternally in the resurrected body of a man, and was so when he was born.
Yesterday: me - gray T-shirt. Today: tan T, same me.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Yesterday: me - gray T-shirt. Today: tan T, same me.
Not the point at all. How are you missing it? :idunno:

Was Jesus in a body that was prepared for Him prior to creation?

Is Jesus is in a body now?

Status
Not open for further replies.