Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Hmm... let's see, who do I trust? The words of a man or those of God? :think:

This verse is about the constancy of Christ's character. In your view, Jn. 1; Phil. 2 becomes a contradiction because Jesus was not always flesh, but became flesh in space-time history after an eternity of being spirit only.

Talk about desperate proof texting out of context. Lk. 2:52 also contradicts your wrong interpretation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The phrase: "...The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world," says that God never changes, knows the future and I honestly cannot see how anyone with a basic understanding of Scripture might question that.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Again, shoddy proof texting. The reality is that Jesus was not always incarnated. You are not interpreting, but guilty of eisegesis of your pet view.

This verse is also used by charismatics to say that Jesus heals today, etc. While true, that is not the context/application of the verse.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If God didn't create time then it created Him. "In the beginning Genesis 1:1-2 was God" not time.

You might as well be asking "who created God".

If God didn't create love then it created Him.

The eternal God who experienced duration/succession/sequence (time) from everlasting to everlasting had time as an aspect of His experience. Your wrong assumption is that time is created vs concept (philosophical, not physical). Your statement is illogical at best, stupid at worst.

God is uncreated, but that does not mean He has to be timeless (whatever that would mean to a personal being who must think, act, feel sequentially as we see from Gen. to Rev. ....God was triune before creation and would experience duration/time in His eternal relations).

Eternal now is Platonic, tradition, philosophical, Augustinian, not biblical, not logical. The burden of proof is on you to show why this is true despite clear sequence in the divine being in Scripture.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
If God didn't create love then it created Him.

The eternal God who experienced duration/succession/sequence (time) from everlasting to everlasting had time as an aspect of His experience. Your wrong assumption is that time is created vs concept (philosophical, not physical). Your statement is illogical at best, stupid at worst.

God is uncreated, but that does not mean He has to be timeless (whatever that would mean to a personal being who must think, act, feel sequentially as we see from Gen. to Rev. ....God was triune before creation and would experience duration/time in His eternal relations).

Eternal now is Platonic, tradition, philosophical, Augustinian, not biblical, not logical. The burden of proof is on you to show why this is true despite clear sequence in the divine being in Scripture.

You're a freak show. Get saved.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You're a freak show. Get saved.

You conclude that I am not saved because of a peripheral doctrinal dispute that you don't even understand?!

Jn. 1:12; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 15:1-4; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:5; I Jn. 5:11-13, etc.

I trust in Jesus as God, Lord, Savior by grace through faith alone apart from works for over 30 years. I attended a denominational Bible College for 4 years taught by godly men of God. I pioneered/pastored an evangelical church after being ordained by men of God. I am an elder in a large church that is fully of believers and godly leadership.

Based on grace and faith in the real Jesus, how do you conclude I am not saved because I reject Augustine's view, but capably argue for a biblical view on time vs eternity, a non-salvific issue? Equally capable, godly believers take different views on a myriad of subjects without denying Bible, Christ, gospel.

Retard.:bang:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I will offer you the same opportunity as I did Intellectual. I will discuss this verse with you and show you that it means exactly what it says and that it does not contradict the multiple of times that Bible says that God does repent. It might be lengthy but if you are willing I will go through it with you.

No. I don't need the "opportunity" Go play patty cake with godrulz.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Hmm... let's see, who do I trust? The words of a man or those of God? :think:

Psalm 119:89

89 Forever, O Lord,
Your word is settled in heaven.

Aimiel

Thank God that He designed His Word to be understood by the simple.

1 Corinthians 1:25-27
King James' Version
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's obvious... as is your impudence.
If it is so obvious you should be able to demonstrate it.

sonictap01.gif

The phrase: "...The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world," says that God never changes, knows the future and I honestly cannot see how anyone with a basic understanding of Scripture might question that.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
-Revelation 17:8
:think:

Notice anything, Ken?

If God didn't create time then it created Him. "In the beginning Genesis 1:1-2 was God" not time.

How would time have created God?

Good gravy, you're a moron!

God is love, love is then an attribute of God; a byproduct of His being, His existing. God, therefore, did not create love, but neither did love create God. Love was, because God was. The same goes for time.

No. I don't need the "opportunity" Go play patty cake with godrulz.
Dishonest, disingenuous coward.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This verse contrasts revelatory, biblical truth, etc. with false philosophies of the Greeks, etc. It is not a proof text for anti-intellectualism or against sound logic/truth, even if not explicit in Scripture. Charismatics tend to be the ones who pull this out to counter things they cannot or will not understand.

http://www.amazon.com/Full-Gospel-Fractured-Minds-Intellect/dp/0310263085

The misuse of your verse is included in this book.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

How would time have created God?
Good gravy, you're a moron!

Dishonest, disingenuous coward.

It didn't. That is exactly what I am saying. God came first, period. He spoke everything into being. The clock started at creation.

Psalm 33:9

9 For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It didn't. That is exactly what I am saying. God came first, period. He spoke everything into being. The clock started at creation.

Psalm 33:9

9 For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.
:doh:

I know you were saying it didn't, I was asking you how it could have, i.e. how it would have if God did not create it.

And now you've made another baseless assertion: that the clock started at creation. You can't show that to be the case, and, in fact, logic shows that not to be the case because in order for God to even begin to create He must have experienced the passage of individual moments, from one to the next, in sequential order.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
:doh:

I know you were saying it didn't, I was asking you how it could have, i.e. how it would have if God did not create it.

You're the one who said that time wasn't created.You and your cohorts have said that God exists in time has no foreknowledge is not Omniscient. You and your o-viewers are the ones that say that God does not exist outside of time (which means before time began). You can't prove it Biblically. In fact the God of the Bible has all of the attributes that you open view philosophers deny. Eternality.

And now you've made another baseless assertion: that the clock started at creation. You can't show that to be the case, and, in fact, logic shows that not to be the case because in order for God to even begin to create He must have experienced the passage of individual moments, from one to the next, in sequential order.

Again you make God the same as man. We experience time in sequence. God created that sequence.

e·ter·nal (-tûrnl)
adj.
1. Being without beginning or end; existing outside of time. See Synonyms at infinite.
2. Continuing without interruption; perpetual.
3. Forever true or changeless: eternal truths.
4. Seemingly endless; interminable. See Synonyms at ageless, continual.
5. Of or relating to spiritual communion with God, especially in the afterlife.
n.
1. Something timeless, uninterrupted, or endless.
2. Eternal God. Used with the.

Jude 1:25Jude 1:25
New International Version (NIV)

25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You're the one who said that time wasn't created.You and your cohorts have said that God exists in time has no foreknowledge is not Omniscient. You and your o-viewers are the ones that say that God does not exist outside of time (which means before time began). You can't prove it Biblically. In fact the God of the Bible has all of the attributes that you open view philosophers deny. Eternality.
What attributes do I deny? And where is your Scriptural proof, for your view?

Show the verse that says God exists outside of time. Show me the verse that says God has exhaustive and definite foreknowledge of that which does not exist.

And I never said God isn't omniscient.

Again you make God the same as man. We experience time in sequence. God created that sequence.
I say we were made in His image, and we experience it as He does.

Where is the verse that says He created time?

e·ter·nal (-tûrnl)
adj.
1. Being without beginning or end; existing outside of time. See Synonyms at infinite.
n.
So you offer a dictionary definition but no Scripture? Disingenuous.

Jude 1:25Jude 1:25
New International Version (NIV)

25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
The NIV, really?

sky.

BANNED
Banned

So you offer a dictionary definition but no Scripture? Disingenuous.

The NIV, really?

This is fun! :) Do a word search at Biblegateway. Here is what I found that the Bible says God is eternal. Do you need all three pages from the word search?

e·ter·nal (-tûrnl)
adj.
n.

NKJV

1.Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’
Deuteronomy 33:26-28 (in Context) Deuteronomy 33 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
2.Psalm 49:9
That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit.
Psalm 49:8-10 (in Context) Psalm 49 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
3.Psalm 61:1
[ Assurance of God’s Eternal Protection ] To the Chief Musician. On a stringed instrument. A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.
Psalm 61:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 61 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
4.Psalm 93:1
[ The Eternal Reign of the LORD ] The LORD reigns, He is clothed with majesty; The LORD is clothed, He has girded Himself with strength. Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
Psalm 93:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 93 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
5.Psalm 102:1
[ The LORD’s Eternal Love ] A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed and pours out his complaint before the LORD. Hear my prayer, O LORD, And let my cry come to You.
Psalm 102:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 102 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
6.Psalm 105:1
[ The Eternal Faithfulness of the LORD ] Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Psalm 105:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 105 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
7.Psalm 132:1
[ The Eternal Dwelling of God in Zion ] A Song of Ascents. LORD, remember David And all his afflictions;
Psalm 132:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 132 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
8.Ecclesiastes 12:5
Also they are afraid of height, And of terrors in the way; When the almond tree blossoms, The grasshopper is a burden, And desire fails. For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets.
Ecclesiastes 12:4-6 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 12 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
9.Isaiah 60:15
“Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, So that no one went through you, I will make you an eternal excellence, A joy of many generations.
Isaiah 60:14-16 (in Context) Isaiah 60 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
10.Matthew 19:16
[ Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler ] Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
Matthew 19:15-17 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
11.Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Matthew 19:28-30 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
12.Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Matthew 25:45-46 (in Context) Matthew 25 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
13.Mark 3:29
but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—
Mark 3:28-30 (in Context) Mark 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
14.Mark 10:17
[ Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler ] Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
Mark 10:16-18 (in Context) Mark 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
15.Mark 10:30
who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life.
Mark 10:29-31 (in Context) Mark 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
16.Luke 10:25
[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
Luke 10:24-26 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
17.Luke 18:18
[ Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler ] Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
Luke 18:17-19 (in Context) Luke 18 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
18.Luke 18:30
who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life.”
Luke 18:29-31 (in Context) Luke 18 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
19.John 1:1
[ The Eternal Word ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1-3 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
20.John 3:15
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:14-16 (in Context) John 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
21.John 4:36
And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
John 4:35-37 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
22.John 5:39
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
John 5:38-40 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
23.John 6:54
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:53-55 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
24.John 6:68
But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
John 6:67-69 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
25.John 10:28
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:27-29 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.