American Right To Life Unfurled World's Largest Protest Sign: DNC Sheets Of Shame

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
DENVER, Aug. 26 An official Guinness Book of World Records attempt to display the largest ever protest sign has succeeded. The 530-foot tall and 666-foot wide message is being shouted from the mountaintops overlooking the Democratic National Convention with the leading 2008 protest message.

DNC-sign.jpg

Depending on their location, thousands of DNC delegates and journalists can look out their hotel windows to the west to see the sign. Sponsored by American RTL Action, the message initially appeared with three enormous 160-foot tall, bright yellow letters, D-N-C, stacked on top of each other.

After those letters suddenly appeared on a mountain just west of Denver, the actual full message of the sign began to unfurl. Three lines of white text, built on the vertical yellow letters read, D-N-C:

Destroys
uNborn
Children

"The tiniest boys and girls should be loved and protected," said American RTL Action president Steve Curtis, "but as nominating Barack Obama emphasizes, the DNC even supports killing kids in the womb old enough to know their mother's voice, sleep and dream, suck their thumbs, and play with their toes."

Columbine dad Brian Rohrbough, whose son Daniel was murdered at that high school massacre, is the group's vice president. "When we tell kids that unborn children can be killed if their parents don't want them," said Rohrbough, "we rob them of the knowledge of the God-given right to life and we destroy their moral foundation. Abortion is wrong because it's a baby; it's always wrong to intentionally kill an innocent baby."

Guinness assigned American Right To Life an official world record attempt number: 228132. The protest sign weighs more than 2,700 pounds and was sewed together with more than four miles of seams connecting 2,400 sheets and backpacked onto location and unfurled by 44 letter carriers with spotters a mile away to ensure proper letter placement. ARTL commits to removing the DNC Sheets Of Shame and leaving the area cleaner than it had been.

ARTL is also a lead sponsor of the DNC Power in the Park protest event by national black leaders at Denver's Martin Luther King Jr. Park and of the Clinton Watch project at Denver area strip joints.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you like this story please be sure to Digg, Stumble, del.icio.us, reddit etc. :up:

Use the buttons near the bottom of this thread.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:jump: :the_wave: :banana: :BRAVO:

Prolifeguyswife

I have cool pics from several miles away I'll post when I figure out my camera. :)

Now the news coverage is about how they're being forced to take it down!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Giant DNC protest sign

Giant DNC protest sign

I just got back from the scene and let me tell you that giant protest sign was AWESOME!!! It's much larger than it looks in the pictures or on TV. In the picture below you can see the sign being taken down.

Only the "t" remains and it resembles the cross of Jesus standing alone.

It almost looks like you can see a person standing there with a shadow (just under and to the left of the "t"). That is actually a giant tree or group of giant trees casting a large shadow. This thing is massive and there are actually dozens of people in this photo but you cannot see them because they are too tiny.