Who be a newbie - ME thats who!

vbear

Hi everyone,

What kind of jobs are available for people who study Religious studies / Theology. Learning about the worlds different beliefs and practices are a passion of mine. I am considering religious studies at Arizona State University. Any motivation / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also a 10 years Active Duty Navy and currently pursuing my Yoga Teacher training.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi everyone,

What kind of jobs are available for people who study Religious studies / Theology. Learning about the worlds different beliefs and practices are a passion of mine. I am considering religious studies at Arizona State University. Any motivation / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also a 10 years Active Duty Navy and currently pursuing my Yoga Teacher training.
Read Paul's letters Romans through Philemon and read Acts too. Then read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John again. After that, memorize the Old Testament before reading Revelation. That's the best advice I can give.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone,

Welcome to TOL.

Christian counseling
Social worker
Various related non-profit organizations
Bible school, Christian charter school, teacher
Get a Mdiv graduate degree, return to Navy as a Chaplain
Hospital Chaplain

AMR

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Hi everyone,

Chaplain Available!
Flexible
Balanced
Grounded

Myrrhcask

Depends on how far you want to go educationally. A lot of professors of religion are still learning about all sorts of different faiths without deciding on any one on particular. However, it seems like a lot of time and expense to come from nowhere and end up nowhere. To come at it from the other way, you might be better off finding out what you believe in first, then going wherever that takes you. If you are looking for the Truth, the Truth will set you free, which includes setting you free from aimlessly wandering around in a spiritual wasteland--although we usually all spend some time in the wilderness along the way.