Theology Club: James White Contradicts Himself on God the Son's Natures

revpete

James White Contradicts Himself on God the Son's Natures

This thread is a complete waste of time. You are basing your entire argument on one verse (Jn. 6:62) which you have misunderstood in a way that I have never seen before 😹

Pete👤

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This thread is a complete waste of time. You are basing your entire argument on one verse (Jn. 6:62) which you have misunderstood in a way that I have never seen before 😹

Pete👤

This thread is premised on the faulty and poor "theology" of Open Theism.

Such goes nowhere . . .

Jerry Shugart

This thread is a complete waste of time. You are basing your entire argument on one verse (Jn. 6:62) which you have misunderstood in a way that I have never seen before.

Then tell me exactly how I misrepresented what is said here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Here the pronoun "he" must refer to "the Son of Man" so before He came to earth He was in heaven as the Son of Man. You are unable to explain why the Lord Jesus would say such a thing if He wasn't Man before He came to the earth.

We can also see the same teaching here:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).​

The Lord Jesus came down from heaven as the Son of Man.

So tell me exactly how I misrepresented what is said in those two verses.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Here the pronoun "he" must refer to "the Son of Man" so before He came to earth He was in heaven as the Son of Man. You are unable to explain why the Lord Jesus would say such a thing if He wasn't Man before He came to the earth.

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).​

Jesus Christ descended from heaven and assumed humanity, when He was conceived in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit.

It is theologically dangerous to skip the fact that He was born into this world as a Babe, and grew in wisdom, prior to His ministry as the Son of Man.

revpete

James White Contradicts Himself on God the Son's Natures

I apologise, think I mixed up my posts. But as been as you bring it up I do have a question. You are correct I believe when you say the pronoun "He" must refer to The Son of man. However, The Lord, I believe was speaking of Himself in His then present incarnation. If He was man in heaven how could God become man in the incarnation if He was already man in heaven before He came to earth?

In the second verse you quote (Jn.3:13). I believe The Lord is describing His mindset, He dwells in heaven because He had an unbroken relationship/fellowship with His Father. Just as it is true that every true believer is seated together with Him in heavenly places far above etc... Even though we still dwell on the earth in this natural realm. I wish I could explain that more eloquently.

I do think I mixed up my posts though 😳

Blessings: Pete 👤