Theology Club: The Olive Tree

heir

TOL Subscriber
I never said that it was! I was arguing that it is not the Body of Christ.
If you think that I was arguing that the Olive Tree is the Body of Christ then I challenge you to quote me saying that.

If you would have bothered to read my OP on this thread which I started then you would have searched it in vain to find any place where I ever said that the Olive Tree is the Body of Christ.

No one likes to have their beliefs misrepresented so I will ask you if in the future you will be more careful about what you say about my beliefs.
You ask someone how the Olive Tree can be the Body of Christ and I simply stated it isn't. I never said you believed or didn't believe it was. You need a break. Might I suggest a cozy chair with good lighting and a KJB?

Jerry Shugart

You ask someone how the Olive Tree can be the Body of Christ and I simply stated it isn't. I never said you believed or didn't believe it was. You need a break. Might I suggest a cozy chair with good lighting and a KJB?

I know you mean well but before you butt into a person's discussion with another person you should actually try to understand what is being discussed. You did not do that or else you would know what I believe on this subject.

I do not need a break but you need to know that it is rude to butt into other's discussion without knowing what each of those people are arguing.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I know you mean well but before you butt into a person's discussion with another person you should actually try to understand what is being discussed. You did not do that or else you would know what I believe on this subject.

I do not need a break but you need to know that it is rude to butt into other's discussion without knowing what each of those people are arguing.
This is where you need to keep my comment to you:

Thanks! I am glad you agree with me.
It was not expressed to put you on a soap box.

Jerry Shugart

I was being nice

If you actually believe that then you need a break. Might I suggest a cozy chair with good lighting and a KJB and actually believing what is written there for a change.

For instance, the following words of the Lord Jesus were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24; KJV).​

True believers who read this verse understand that the Jews who lived under the law when the Lord Jesus walked the earth were saved by faith apart from works.

Do you agree with that?

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you actually believe that then you need a break. Might I suggest a cozy chair with good lighting and a KJB and actually believing what is written there for a change.

For instance, the following words of the Lord Jesus were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24; KJV).​

True believers who read this verse understand that the Jews who lived under the law when the Lord Jesus walked the earth were saved by faith apart from works.

Do you agree with that?

Here's what I suggest for you. How about turning off your
Laptop for starters. Get in your car (if you have a licence?)
and drive until you find a nice cozy cave in the mountains
and live off the land for the next 40 years or so?

Jerry Shugart

Here's what I suggest for you. How about turning off your
Laptop for starters. Get in your car (if you have a licence?)
and drive until you find a nice cozy cave in the mountains
and live off the land for the next 40 years or so?

Here's what I suggest for you. Get out your Bible and give yourself a little test. Look at these words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law and then ask yourself a question:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Now study what the Lord Jesus said to those Jews and then ask yourself, "Did the Lord Jesus tell those Jews that if the believed and did nothing else then they would be saved?"

What is your answer?

Last edited:

Danoh

You don't believe the Gospel!

The poor thing, something about her believing the Scripture over Calvin...

Wrong house, B57. Try the bookstore down the road. All sorts of books by Calvin for you to be blissfully on the same page with.

Here, let me get you started - there ya go! :luigi:

beloved57

The poor thing, something about her believing the Scripture over Calvin...

Wrong house, B57. Try the bookstore down the road. All sorts of books by Calvin for you to be blissfully on the same page with.

Here, let me get you started - there ya go! :luigi:
TULIP is the Gospel and if you don't believe it, you do not believe the Gospel or the scriptures!