Hid From Them, By Them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danoh View Post
    Never mind that John 3:16 is three years or so before the Cross, and that the Lord had expected Nicodemas to know what all He was talking about
    What is your point?

Comment

• Jerry, whenever you are supported in an issue, you right off toot your "Exactly!" horn.

I can't stand that.

When not supported, you bait and all the rest - repeatedly.

I can't stand that even more.

I'll get around to dealing with the Twelve in/out issue when I happen to be dealing with such issues - I will not give you the shameful satisfaction of making such non-issues the issue; that you might get your sought after glory in the flesh of another.

Comment

I'll get around to dealing with the Twelve in/out issue when I happen to be dealing with such issues - I will not give you the shameful satisfaction of making such non-issues the issue; that you might get your sought after glory in the flesh of another.
        I could care less about seeking out glory in the flesh of another. I think that you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you are unable to answer my points.

Once again you do not even attempt to answer this:

Here we can see that both Jews and Gentiles are baptized into the Body of Christ:
        "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

In this passage Paul uses the pronoun "we" twice and from his introduction in that same epistle we can know that that pronoun is not only referring to those in the church at Corinth but also "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord":
        "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so therefore all of them belonged to the Body of Christ. Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:
        "There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).

You have never given any evidence from the Bible that supports the idea that only some Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ while other Jewish believers were not. We are supposed to believe that despite the evidence which I have provided from the Scriptures which proves you are wrong.

Then to make it worse you refuse to defend your position and actually address the verses which I quoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          I could care less about seeking out glory in the flesh of another. I think that you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you are unable to answer my points.

Once again you do not even attempt to answer this:

Here we can see that both Jews and Gentiles are baptized into the Body of Christ:
          "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

In this passage Paul uses the pronoun "we" twice and from his introduction in that same epistle we can know that that pronoun is not only referring to those in the church at Corinth but also "all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord":
          "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so therefore all of them belonged to the Body of Christ. Cornelius Stam, the founder of the Berean Bible Society, wrote the following commentary on 1 Corinthians 1:2:
          "There are other evidences that the kingdom saints of Paul's day became members of the Body of Christ. In I Corinthians 1:2, Paul addresses his letter to the Corinthian church, 'with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs [those in every place] and ours [those with Paul].' And he says to 'all' these believers 'in every place': 'For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles' (I Cor. 12:13). How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?" (Cornelius Stam, Commentary on Galatians [Stevens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1998], 198).

You have never given any evidence from the Bible that supports the idea that only some Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ while other Jewish believers were not. We are supposed to believe that despite the evidence which I have provided from the Scriptures which proves you are wrong.

Then to make it worse you refuse to defend your position and actually address the verses which I quoted.

Let it go; fool.

Comment

Let it go; fool.
            So I am a fool because I want to actually discuss what the Scriptures are saying? Again, you must think that if you continue to call me names no one will notice that you have no answer to what I say.

Comment

So I am a fool because I want to actually discuss what the Scriptures are saying? Again, you must think that if you continue to call me names no one will notice that you have no answer to what I say.
              You do not want to discuss anything; you want to prove you are right.

You have been baiting others with this 12 in/out question and other such questions for years. You are just after proselytes to your view.

You took offense on that other site when G reminded you; in your dissimulation against another's having quoted external writers, that you do the same.

Fact is that practically your every post is the words and labors of others, and those; often outdated, and off-base; a proselyte of notions attempting to proselytize others into same.

It is why you are stuck in your view - you don't really know how to study these issues out, let alone; afresh, other than reaching for old old books, and that; as your decider of who will get an F on their report card.

Give me a break - your sham is as old as the Pharisees calling out John the Baptist and the Lord to dance to their tune when, in reality; their fool minds were already made up against them.

I will no longer support any of your views even those I might agree with - you are out to bully others into your corner and I will not be party to it.

Now, please don't play the obvious fool once more and turn that last statement into more of your same old "you mean you agree with me about..."

Shame on you - you are "to be blamed."

Comment

You do not want to discuss anything; you want to prove you are right.
                You do your best to try to undermine my credibility because I prove that your silly ideas are in error.

There are others reading this thread I am only interested in those people seeing the truth. My motive is not proving that Iam right but instead defending the word of God.

Shame on you - you are "to be blamed."
                What are you doing on this thread? It is obvious that you have no interest in discussing the Scriptures. All you do is to run and hide from them.

Comment

You do your best to try to undermine my credibility because I prove that your silly ideas are in error.

There are others reading this thread I am only interested in those people seeing the truth. My motive is not proving that Iam right but instead defending the word of God.

What are you doing on this thread? It is obvious that you have no interest in discussing the Scriptures. All you do is to run and hide from them.
                  If you say so.

Comment

Thanks, for your input, Jerry.

I was hoping to explore this with others in Mid-Acts, whether or not we see it the same.

I'm wondering, where exactly are you rightly dividing the word of truth, Jerry, that you have the Little Flock becoming members of the Body of Christ.

In your understanding; is there no earthly purpose prior to the dispensation of the fulness of times?

I take it your view is that the Body returns to the Earth?

That you do not see the Body as intended for positions of authority in the heavenlies- would that be your view?

By the way, in my own understanding, all aspects of the Mystery have to do with two issues:

A redemption also accomplished at the Cross - but - unto a New Creature - this side - of Israel's fall and the salvation of Paul;

The reconciling of the Heavenlies that the Lord's resurrection and ascension also made possible.

Thanks, brother.
                    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

What is he doing on this thread?

He started this thread and stated his purpose. But, no, God forbid anyone would dare try and carry on any kind of a conversation while Jerry is in the house. Jerry, you're way too full of yourself, and you're nothing but a bully.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                      Jerry, you're way too full of yourself, and you're nothing but a bully.
                      Did you all in the Neo-MAD camp lose your Bibles?

All you seem interested in is an assassination of my character. You do not want to discuss what is taught in the Scriptures. Perhaps you will give this a go:

Pastor Stam asks, "How can this be made to exclude the Judean believers?"

You believe that the Twelve are not in the Body of Christ so I challenge you to answer Pastor Stam's question.

Show us that you are capable of doing more than just calling people ugly names.

Comment

I'm new to the Mad camp, but I'm certainly not new to a guy who thinks he knows it all and insists people agree with him even when his point is vague and non-specific.

Admit it, Jerry, unless I parrot back to you what you have said it won't be right.

Comment

All you seem interested in is an assassination of my character. You do not want to discuss what is taught in the Scriptures. Perhaps you will give this a go:

You believe that the Twelve are not in the Body of Christ so I challenge you to answer Pastor Stam's question.

Bully is an ugly name? If the shoe fits wear it.

And stop telling me what I believe. That's the very reason you've earned the name "bully".

Comment

who excludes Jews that believed Jesus Is Messiah/Christ, Lord And Savior, Son of God; before the Cross ? -

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                              Bully is an ugly name? If the shoe fits wear it.

And stop telling me what I believe. That's the very reason you've earned the name "bully".
                              Well, he is right, ya know - if ya wanna call three verses and his reading Stam into them "right."

As many of Stam's own people no longer hold to some his views; some years ago, a guy from Stam's own camp dusted Jerry on this with verse after verse after verse. Jerry's best? One or two quotes from I forget who... followed by his never being heard from again.

I recall thinking that guy hadn't even scratched the surface where all the passages concerened applied.

But Jerry's never was exploring, sharing and or learning. His is the same recurrent pattern this very day.

Lol, what a character.

Comment

Well, he is right, ya know - if ya wanna call three verses and his reading Stam into them "right."

As many of Stam's own people no longer hold to some his views; some years ago, a guy from Stam's own camp dusted Jerry on this with verse after verse after verse. Jerry's best? One or two quotes from I forget who... followed by his never being heard from again.

I recall thinking that guy hadn't even scratched the surface where all the passages concerened applied.

But Jerry's never was exploring, sharing and or learning. His is the same recurrent pattern this very day.

Lol, what a character.
                                Ah, well priors are hard to ignore as they say in all those cop shows.

(I really should add that I have read some posts of Jerry's that were really good....well thought out and spot on.)

Comment

Working...
                                X