Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

SaulToPaul 2

He wants to be seen performing miracles in front of men in the synagogue and on the corner. Babbling in his phony demon inspired "tongue" that nobody understands.

And not once has anyone ever given an interpretation of rulz' tongues to edify the church.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You also need to edit your post, as you jacked up the quote code.

Let me know if you find anyone other than Paul stating that circumcision is nothing, in the Bible.

Circumcision is the token of the Abrahamic Covenant. Circumcision is the means of obedience to the Mosaic Covenant.

The Mosaic Covenant was temporal and is now rendered inoperative thus Paul does not have Titus a Greek circumcised in accordance to the M C yet Paul does circumcise Timothy who was half Jewish on the basis of the eternal A Cvn.

Your statement is missing any valid reason for Timothy's circumcision and it is a false witness of Paul's theological teachings.

Please re evaluate this scenario.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Peter arrives in Antioch three years after Acts 15. At this point according to MAD the gospel started already. Why the problem?

Furthermore barny was sent to Paul a decade before the Jerusalem counsel of Acts 15. When Paul sent money to the Jerusalem church why did he do it if the church at Jerusalem did not have the gospel?

No answer is expected...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
This happens after barny was with Paul.

And I went up by revelation; and I laid before them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles but privately before them who were of repute, lest by any means I should be running, or had run, in vain. (*Galatians‬ *2‬:*2‬ ASV)

Paul obviously isn't sure about the Jerusalem position on circumcision even tho he's had barny with him who came from the apostles there.

If the gospel began with Paul, when did Pete and co get it?

Before sending barny or after?

If after, why does Paul not know their position?

Why does Peter and barny 3 years after Acts 15 get weak and crumble under pressure from Pharisaic spies?

None of that agrees with a mid Acts gospel from Paul.

I can't accept these speculations.

Observation: the ability to see things as the really are.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is a total misreading of Gal. 1 and 2 by MAD. I concur with Shasta's level-headed insights.

Gal. 1 contrasts the one true gospel with false gospels such as Judaizer faith+works error (that MAD promotes as a true Peter, John, James gospel?!?!).

Two true gospels post-cross is sheer MAD eisegesis/paradigm, not sound biblical theology/exegesis. I am 100% sure of this.

Gal. 2 is not promoting two true gospels, but a demarcation of ministry with the one gospel.

I don't think anyone reading the Bible apart from WT literature would become a JW. I don't think anyone reading the Bible apart from Calvinistic speakers/writers would become Calvinistic. I was familiar with countless false cults, religions, doctrinal disputes, etc. for 30 years, but only heard about MAD on TOL a few years ago. There is a reason it is not taken seriously in academic or lay circles. It simply is foreign to Scripture and requires simplistic influence from those few who promote it.
If this is the case then you should have absolutely no problem proving it.

Circumcision is the token of the Abrahamic Covenant. Circumcision is the means of obedience to the Mosaic Covenant.

The Mosaic Covenant was temporal and is now rendered inoperative thus Paul does not have Titus a Greek circumcised in accordance to the M C yet Paul does circumcise Timothy who was half Jewish on the basis of the eternal A Cvn.

Your statement is missing any valid reason for Timothy's circumcision and it is a false witness of Paul's theological teachings.

Please re evaluate this scenario.
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
- 1 Corinthians 7:19

Who, other than Paul said such a thing?

Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him. Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.
-1 Corinthians 8:1-8

Who, other than Paul wrote this to those to whom they preached?

Who else said we are not under the law, but under grace?

Who else said works do not justify?

Peter arrives in Antioch three years after Acts 15. At this point according to MAD the gospel started already. Why the problem?

Furthermore barny was sent to Paul a decade before the Jerusalem counsel of Acts 15. When Paul sent money to the Jerusalem church why did he do it if the church at Jerusalem did not have the gospel?

No answer is expected...
:doh:

Paul preached the message of the dispensation of the grace of God as it was given to him alone to preach, to those not under the 12. The 12 had their own message that was given them to preach.

And where do you get the idea that Barnabas was sent to Paul a decade before the events of Acts 15?

This happens after barny was with Paul.

And I went up by revelation; and I laid before them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles but privately before them who were of repute, lest by any means I should be running, or had run, in vain. (*Galatians‬ *2‬:*2‬ ASV)

Paul obviously isn't sure about the Jerusalem position on circumcision even tho he's had barny with him who came from the apostles there.
You pulled that out of your backside as there is not even an implication that Paul doesn't know the position of the 12 on circumcision.

If the gospel began with Paul, when did Pete and co get it?

Before sending barny or after?

If after, why does Paul not know their position?
The 12 had their gospel before Paul had his.

Why does Peter and barny 3 years after Acts 15 get weak and crumble under pressure from Pharisaic spies?
Where do you get that the events of Galatians 2 took place 3 years afer Acts 15?

None of that agrees with a mid Acts gospel from Paul.

I can't accept these speculations.

Observation: the ability to see things as the really are.
You clearly do not know of which you speak.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Mosaic Covenant was temporal and is now rendered inoperative

Thanks for admitting the change to Paul's gospel.

Exodus 4

24 And it came to pass on the way, at the encampment, that the Lord met him and sought to kill him. 25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone and cut off the foreskin of her son and cast it at Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a husband of blood to me!” 26 So He let him go. Then she said, “You are a husband of blood!”—because of the circumcision.

Seems circumcision isn't "nothing" unless you are referring to Paul's gospel.

way 2 go

Ty for the reference though I must confess there was not a lot there to answer my question. Traditional dispensationalism would agree that the the prophecies seem to link the coming of the Kingdom to earth would occur during the times of the Messiah and the outpouring of the Spirit, They did not see the delay between planting and the ultimate harvest when God gathers all His people from the four winds and takes control of planet earth. What I do not see is that Jesus' teachings are either irrelevant or merely recommendations. His words will never pass away and must be fulfilled. All Christians are called to follow the Master.

the plan was for Jews to repent then take their gospel to the rest of the world , that did not happen so Jesus turned to Saul the destroyer of the church taught him directly rather than learn from the 12.

agree ?

Then again I do not see Jesus as teaching the law as so many rabbis before Him had done. He taught the essence of the law not the ceremony or statute. He taught about what law the Holy Spirit would establish in us once our sins were atoned for and we put our faith in Him. Jesus contradicted the form of the law while affirming the law that works by His love. These words are eternal because this is the will of the Holy Loving God - for us to be like Him.

Mat 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Acts is selective history, not didactic. It does not record everything Peter said or believed.
Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul said it was kept secret since the world began:

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Things that are different are NOT the same!

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Are you John MacArthur's sister? Applying these verses to Mormons, Muslims, Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc. is one thing. Applying them to Dr. Michael Brown, Gordon Fee, classical Pentecostals, etc. is beyond stupid.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
And not once has anyone ever given an interpretation of rulz' tongues to edify the church.

There is a distinction between private, devotional tongues (speaking to God with mind unfruitful) and public, corporate expression that must be interpreted (self vs corporate edification). We have both in our biblical, balanced church. You don't even go to church?!:hammer:

Read all about it in I Cor. 12-14 (there is no exegetical basis for your cessationist unbelief that limits God more than Satan).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you John MacArthur's sister? Applying these verses to Mormons, Muslims, Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc. is one thing. Applying them to Dr. Michael Brown, Gordon Fee, classical Pentecostals, etc. is beyond stupid.
Satans ministers are in pulpits all over the world to corrupt minds from the simplicity that is in Christ. They tell you a number of things that are contrary to the form of sound words of the apostle Paul. They preach another Jesus and another gospel. They tell you to follow the lowly Galilean in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John rather than the risen, ascended glorified Lord Jesus Christ that appeared to the apostle Paul. They're snakes.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

SaulToPaul 2

There is a distinction between private, devotional tongues (speaking to God with mind unfruitful) and public, corporate expression that must be interpreted (self vs corporate edification). We have both in our biblical, balanced church. You don't even go to church?!:hammer:

Read all about it in I Cor. 12-14 (there is no exegetical basis for your cessationist unbelief that limits God more than Satan).

How do you know the interpretation is correct, and from God?