• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another?

Right Divider

Body part
Deut. 27:22 ‘Cursed is he who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or of his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’

As a Bible believer, that should be enough for you, even if your instinctive universal repugnance at the thought is missing.

Another thing to note: The book of Deuteronomy was written THOUSANDS of years after the creation of Adam and Eve.

Why did God wait so long to define incest as against the law?

Also note that Deuteronomy literally means "second law"; why was this restriction not included in the FIRST law?

Arthur Brain

So .... there you go... way off topic .... again.

:rotfl:

Between the two of us, you're the only troll.

It's right on topic. If you can entertain the notion of allegory that is, but fundamentalism doesn't have provision for that does it?

I wasn't referring to you as a troll btw and you've no business calling me one either. Please grow up.

Right Divider

Body part
You replied to a post I made to HIM regarding his current-time scenario.

I reply to a lot of posts.

POINT: God created one man and one woman. It's not an "allegory". The Bible makes it clear when it's being allegorical.

POINT: Since Adam and Eve and their children were the only people on the planet, it's either incest or the end of the human race.

You seem to like your traditions a lot more than the Word of God.

Arthur Brain

Incest was not a problem until God says that it is a problem.

You make anything that you don't like an "allegory".

You just seem to hate God's Word.

Why did it become a problem? There's all sorts of problems with incest such as congenital defects for children but it was okay to start with? Allegory is the best explanation and the poetic narrative of the creation account seems obvious, just not to fundamentalists apparently.

Right Divider

Body part
Why did it become a problem?
Because God made it unlawful.

There's all sorts of problems with incest such as congenital defects for children but it was okay to start with?
Not at the time that it was required and not deemed unlawful by God.

Allegory is the best explanation and the poetic narrative of the creation account seems obvious, just not to fundamentalists apparently.
Nonsense.

The true fundamentals just don't agree with your fundamentals.