• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another?

Right Divider

Body part
Yeah, cos a talking snake just has to be literal...

:plain:

Now you've JUMPED from the creation accounts to things that happened AFTER that.

You cannot actually discuss anything without going off on tangents.

And what makes you think that there cannot be a talking serpent? More of your infinite "knowledge"? More of your anti-God materialistic atheism?

Arthur Brain

Now you've JUMPED from the creation accounts to things that happened AFTER that.

You cannot actually discuss anything without going off on tangents.

And what makes you think that there cannot be a talking serpent? More of your infinite "knowledge"? More of your anti-God materialistic atheism?

More of your presumption?. I'm not an atheist but I've no time for belief systems such as fundamentalism and the like.

Arthur Brain

Why would there be birth defects at all back then?

Since your ideas about earth's history are wrong... it leads you to all kinds of wrong conclusions.

They aren't "my ideas". The earth is not 10,000 years old and your fundamentalism is simply, wrong. Delude yourself if you want but you're in no position to call anybody else incorrect.

Why would birth defects suddenly come into being? Why would incest suddenly be condemned?

Right Divider

Body part
More of your presumption?. I'm not an atheist but I've no time for belief systems such as fundamentalism and the like.

Your believe system is, for all practical purposes, atheist.

You believe practically all of the same things that they do. You do not seem to accept any of the Bible as true.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
They aren't "my ideas". The earth is not 10,000 years old and your fundamentalism is simply, wrong. Delude yourself if you want but you're in no position to call anybody else incorrect.
Your insults don't bother me. I'm a perfectly intelligent person that knows that the "billions" of years philosophy is not science.

Why would birth defects suddenly come into being?
Changes in the earth and its environment.

Why would incest suddenly be condemned?
God never says why.... so why must we speculate?

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Please give me some insight into your God.

The God of the Bible created in six days.... what about yours?

With the God of the Bible, a day can be as ten thousand years. Your fundamentalism can be discarded as there's no cognitive dissonance with accepting science and having faith, as Barb and Alate One showed you on multiple occasions.

Right Divider

Body part
With the God of the Bible, a day can be as ten thousand years.
Where'd you come up with that craziness?

Trying to quote this?

2Pe 3:8 KJV But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

That does NOTHING to help your bogus billions of year philosophy, as it has NOTHING to do with creation.

This does though:

Exo 20:9-11 KJV Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: (11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Clearly six NORMAL.... NATURAL days, as defined by God in His Word.

There is a reason that the whole world uses a SEVEN DAY WEEK.

Your fundamentalism can be discarded as there's no cognitive dissonance with accepting science and having faith, as Barb and Alate One showed you on multiple occasions.
I've shown you the problems.... you ignore them and say "what problems?".