Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Is that not the problem that Nicodemus had in John 3? Jesus did not rebuke him for not fully comprehending what Jesus was talking about, but Jesus did say this: Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
    and this: Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And then we see Nicodemus bringing spices for Jesus burial.
    Luke 12:8 "And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will confess him also before the angels of God;

There were Pharisees who believed in Jesus, but they would not publicly admit it.

Now, read what Jesus says about those who will not acknowledge him before others.

Luke 12:9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
      Use the words that the Bible uses.
      What, like 'hupostasis', 'ousia' and so forth?
      Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
      Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
        You accept the trinity doctrine even though it says it is unexplainable. If you cannot explain it, then you cannot defend it!
        They can't explain how Santa's reindeer can fly to the rooftops neither. They just believe any thing they have been told.

Sent from my Nexus 7
        Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
          They can't explain how Santa's reindeer can fly to the rooftops neither. They just believe any thing they have been told.
          Originally posted by Lon
          Isaiah 43:11 Isaiah 45:51 Isaiah 46:6,9

Luke 22:42

John 1:1

John 20:28

Matthew 28:19

Philippians 2:6
          __________________________________________________ ___

We must come away [from these scriptures] knowing that there is only one God and that Father Son and Spirit are God.
          This is not a debate thread, we are suppose to be discussing the merits or demerits of the both AMR and GT's discussion, not getting into our own 6 on 10's. This is a 1on1 discussion folks.

My quote above is linked to a thread for discussing the triune topic in a free-for-all. This thread is specifically supposed to stay on the debate.

Stay on topic and task, please.
          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
            This is not a debate thread, we are suppose to be discussing the merits or demerits of the both AMR and GT's discussion, not getting into our own 6 on 10's. This is a 1on1 discussion folks.

My quote above is linked to a thread for discussing the triune topic in a free-for-all. This thread is specifically supposed to stay on the debate.

Amen Brother, I mentioned it before already. I want to see discussion between AMR and God's Truth in the one on one thread, not discussion of the trinity in the grandstands.
            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              Do you believe the following?

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
              Do you see a difference between God and Lord?

We have one God, the father, and one Lord, Jesus the Christ.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

Do you see a difference between God and Lord?

We have one God, the father, and one Lord, Jesus the Christ.

Sent from my Nexus 7
                Do you believe the Romans Scripture?

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

I don't think either one has merits. They are both wrong. ARM is a strict traditional person intrenched in his church, GT is seeking but has a long way to go to see truth.

You Lon are like AMR, that does not make you a bad person, just misguided.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Comment

I don't think either one has merits. They are both wrong. ARM is a strict traditional person intrenched in his church, GT is seeking but has a long way to go to see truth.

You Lon are like AMR, that does not make you a bad person, just misguided.

Sent from my Nexus 7
                    They seem to get all information at the Bible college. That's why they have so much confidence in what they believe.

They are only parroting what they have learned at the college. All trinity pastors are the same too.
                    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

Do you believe the Romans Scripture?
                      I believe all scripture, but I disagree with interpretation of it.

Did the master say that his father is greater than ALL?

Is not Christ the son of the MOST HIGH GOD?

Sent from my Nexus 7

As Lon pointed out this is a debate about another thread and when I post something that questions both parties Lon seems to object. But, forums are for debate are they not?

Comment

I believe all scripture, but I disagree with interpretation of it.

Did the master say that his father is greater than ALL?

Is not Christ the son of the MOST HIGH GOD?

Sent from my Nexus 7

As Lon pointed out this is a debate about another thread and when I post something that questions both parties Lon seems to object. But, forums are for debate are they not?
                        Did not the Father say that every knee would bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord?

Jim Elliot

Comment

Did not the Father say that every knee would bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord?
                          Yes he didn't friend, that does not mean that the father gave up his being the most high God. One has to see that Christ was made Lord by his God who is greater than all. Christ has a God over him, the father does NOT have a Good that is over him.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Comment

• One thing that I have noticed is AMR's going out of his way to state that his beliefs line up with historical church confessions, which state that the triune God is ONE God. The other thing I have noticed is that Gods Truth, despite the repeated attempts of AMR, still accuses him of belief in THREE Gods.
                            Omniscience limited
                            Prophetic guesses
                            Election by observation
                            No future yet

Comment

Yes he did my friend, that does not mean that the father gave up his being the most high God. One has to see that Christ was made Lord by his God who is greater than all. Christ has a God over him, the father does NOT have a Good that is over him.

This is a correction because my word checker like to change my words and then will not let me fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7

Comment

• AMR tries to re-engage God's Truth.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Working...
                                X