Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FraterJoseph View Post
    I am sorry but I dont get it either... God will send himself as a spirit in Jesus"His" name.... ok
    Jesus prays to himself,speaks of the Father.Tells us to Pray to the Father...wouldn't Satan know who he is, why would Satan tempt God who could create another world so why offer him the Earth? I mean Satan talked to God directly in Job...

Jesus is our Lord and Savior I get, Behold this is my Son in whom I am well pleased I get..this Godhead trinity I do not..
    they claim Father, Son and the HS make one God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      Three distinct and separate personalities.
      Their personalities are the same.

Jesus says he only does what the Father does.

Jesus says he only says what the Father says.

How do you get that it means they are different and separate?
      Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post
        they claim God, Son and the HS make one God.
        Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
          The trinity doctrine says there are three separate and distinct Gods.

God is not three different and distinct Gods.
          That is not what the teaching on the Trinity says. Below is a brief synopsis from http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-...of-the-trinity

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity?
          The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.

Comment

• Originally posted by chairistotle View Post
            That is not what the teaching on the Trinity says. Below is a brief synopsis from http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-...of-the-trinity

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity?
            The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.
            Stop it with the one essence and three persons. You do not answer my questions so that anyone can understand what that even means, besides meaning three different and separate Gods.

Stop it with the avoidance of answering my questions yourself.

This is a debate for trinitarians to explain in depth their doctrines, in their own words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
              I edited it.

Comment

• GT, I believe that your questions HAVE been answered by many who are trying to explain ONE who has no earthly equal. If you cannot fully comprehend it, join the club, but the alternative (to refuse to believe) is your choice.
                Omniscience limited
                Prophetic guesses
                Election by observation
                No future yet

Comment

Stop it with the one essence and three persons. You do not answer my questions so that anyone can understand what that even means, besides meaning three different and separate Gods.

Stop it with the avoidance of answering my questions yourself.

This is a debate for trinitarians to explain in depth their doctrines, in their own words.
                  The word 'essence' comes from the Latin- 'esse' to the French-essentia and basically means 'being', or that which a thing is, as opposed to what it is not and how it is what it is in it's nature and not something else.

Words are tools for communication and when one refuses to use the tools, then communication and explanations cease.

Essence is a very good word.
                  Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                  Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishrovmen View Post
                    GT, I believe that your questions HAVE been answered by many who are trying to explain ONE who has no earthly equal. If you cannot fully comprehend it, join the club, but the alternative (to refuse to believe) is your choice.
                    No, I do not join your club that says to believe in something they teach but cannot explain.

I understand my beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
                      The word 'essence' comes from the Latin- 'esse' to the French-essentia and basically means 'being', or that which a thing is, as opposed to what it is not and how it is what it is in it's nature and not something else.

Words are tools for communication and when one refuses to use the tools, then communication and explanations cease.

Essence is a very good word.
                      Use the words that the Bible uses.

Comment

No, I do not join your club that says to believe in something they teach but cannot explain.

I understand my beliefs.
                        Then please explain your Modalism.
                        Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                        Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Then please explain your Modalism.
                          You are unteachable.

Comment

You are unteachable.
                            False!
                            I've been taught a lot by others and continue to be.

I've actually been taught some things by you.

Comment

False!
                              I've been taught a lot by others and continue to be.

I've actually been taught some things by you.
                              What have you learned from me?

Comment

I understand my beliefs.
                                Is that not the problem that Nicodemus had in John 3? Jesus did not rebuke him for not fully comprehending what Jesus was talking about, but Jesus did say this: Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
                                and this: Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And then we see Nicodemus bringing spices for Jesus burial.
                                Omniscience limited
                                Prophetic guesses
                                Election by observation
                                No future yet

Comment

Working...
                                X