freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Continuing on the ECT doctrine.......further insights.....

Continuing on the ECT doctrine.......further insights.....

Considering a Deity of true Love and Wisdom

Continuing discussion about if the doctrine of 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT) is 'biblical' or not. With the many different passages in the Bible about this or that, there is a host of various translations or interpretations, then certain schools of thought that use certain proof-texts to support or conclude their doctrinal position. However, some views may be more rational than others, since one must also use reason, logic, moral sense, conscience and philosophical insight as well, in coming to determinations, and then still be of an open mind to continually research and test his point of view, if there be a better more rational or tenable view available. This is the path of a student of truth. This particular discussion continues here :)

View attachment 24181

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Considering a Deity of true Love and Wisdom

Continuing discussion about if the doctrine of 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT) is 'biblical' or not. With the many different passages in the Bible about this or that, there is a host of various translations or interpretations, then certain schools of thought that use certain proof-texts to support or conclude their doctrinal position. However, some views may be more rational than others, since one must also use reason, logic, moral sense, conscience and philosophical insight as well, in coming to determinations, and then still be of an open mind to continually research and test his point of view, if there be a better more rational or tenable view available. This is the path of a student of truth. This particular discussion continues here :)

View attachment 24181

You're UFO Cult has nothing to offer those who are of the Body of Christ. Satan rules your thoughts.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told...................

Truth be told...................

GM really is fond of you and your threads

Hi pj,

If you can respectfully discuss or dialogue on any given subject you'll earn my time, but I'm not impressed if you are in agreement or accepting GM's incessant trolling, mocking gestures and harassment. If you give your stamp of approval on that, then we're finished corresponding. Respect needs to be earned. I've put this TROLL on ignore, as I've been more than charitable in correcting his ignorance and childish assumptions, to which he apparently has nothing better to do (being a net bully, cyber buffoon). My correspondence with him is over. - its sad, but he will have to live and learn. Unfortunately, he'll probably go on spreading lies and misinformation about me, to his own discredit.

Now onto a new page -

I'm using this thread as a space for 'creative dialogue', enjoying and expanding consciousness on whatever pertinent subjects interest or inspire. Those also interested in such a joint-venture are welcome to cordially engage in a civil fashion, even in debate or in any disagreements (sharing of ideas, opinions, points of view, etc.) With that in mind, this 'cafe' serves as a 'relay-station' of sorts, and will be a 'segway center' to connect to other threads, posts and commentaries, as the director sees fit. I AM the director and coordinator here :surf:

Mutual respects :thumb:

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Rebirth.....

Rebirth.....

What do you think about the kids who remember all of their previous life on earth ?

Well,...some cases are pretty amazing. Dr. Ian Stevenson did some groundbreaking research in the field, see here. I'm open about 'reincarnation' or some form of such, as there are various ways to look at 'rebirth' and souls re-embodying according to certain schools or individual teachers. I approach reincarnation more philosophically than anything, although always open to research all aspects of it, as I have done so in my own thread on the subject and others. The 2 main 'reincarnation' threads I refer to are no longer extant.

Kevin Williams NDE site is excellent and he seems to accept 'rebirth' as its attested to in some NDEs, here is his index on it.

I've studied and gleaned from schools that accept reincarnation (rebirth) and reject the concept as traditionally understood,...so I'm open about it.

Have you done serious research on reincarnation....to consider its possibility or probability?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Soul prosperity.......

Soul prosperity.......

Continuing to challenge the ECT doctrine which just goes in circles with some insisting on certain english translations which misconstrues the original language meanings. It still stands that imposing a punishment of eternal torment with no hope, remedy or relief ever...is the most heinous evil imaginable.

Meanwhile God is presumed to be LOVE.

See: The insanity must end. - and for heaven's sake....it must. In this post I share more sources where we can look in our research on the afterlife, especially from modern scientific experiments and studies on consciousness.

For more fun:

Victor Zammit is a wonderful pioneer in afterlife evidence.

Zeke

Well,...some cases are pretty amazing. Dr. Ian Stevenson did some groundbreaking research in the field, see here. I'm open about 'reincarnation' or some form of such, as there are various ways to look at 'rebirth' and souls re-embodying according to certain schools or individual teachers. I approach reincarnation more philosophically than anything, although always open to research all aspects of it, as I have done so in my own thread on the subject and others. The 2 main 'reincarnation' threads I refer to are no longer extant.

Kevin Williams NDE site is excellent and he seems to accept 'rebirth' as its attested to in some NDEs, here is his index on it.

I've studied and gleaned from schools that accept reincarnation (rebirth) and reject the concept as traditionally understood,...so I'm open about it.

Have you done serious research on reincarnation....to consider its possibility or probability?

Considering the traditional institution that is going by the marque/name of Christian has made these types of ideas taboo for it's converts, purposely building a wall of separation/duality between other cultures and spiritualism that predated their historical versions which are base and rudimentary teachings plagiarized from the very things they have degraded which is the height of deception and fraud.

Church teachings are under the 80/20 rule, 80 percent truth and 20 percent lie known to be false by those at the top of that religious pyramid.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Resurrection, Rebirth, Reincarnation.........all transformations......

Resurrection, Rebirth, Reincarnation.........all transformations......

Considering the traditional institution that is going by the marque/name of Christian has made these types of ideas taboo for it's converts, purposely building a wall of separation/duality between other cultures and spiritualism that predated their historical versions which are base and rudimentary teachings plagiarized from the very things they have degraded which is the height of deception and fraud.

Indeed, more ancient pagan cultures and schools have recognized the universal laws and principles of nature, explaining those in different forms, myths and symbols,....but since source-reality and the laws that govern/orchestrate the cosmos are universal....the book of nature and Spirit are ever in sync and reflecting one another ("as above, so below"). The inner reflects the outer, the outer, the inner....as so the divine spirit within and without is the light of gnosis. The knowledge is one, indivisible, yet its expressions and translations are many,....but all is derived from source-energy, The Infinite ONE.

Regarding 'rebirth' or 'reincarnation',.....philosophically it holds, within its own logic and reason....hence it being recognized in some form in most religious traditions and schools. Some essence or being within an individual is immortal, or at least has immortality-potential, while a living soul is subject to one or more means of trans-formation or re-embodiment. As long as there is soul-potential, all modes of renewal or transformation must be for it to develop, mature and perfect itself, then continue on in the eternal round of 'co-creation'. Birth, death, re-birth,....and creation unfolds, expands and is augmented by such movements of its own divine potential and creativity.

Church teachings are under the 80/20 rule, 80 percent truth and 20 percent lie known to be false by those at the top of that religious pyramid.

Perhaps, but that's the adventure of spiritual seeking and research :) - the inner meanings, values, principles are what matters as most esoteric or mystic schools have taught, but these are revealed thru the templates of outer exoteric forms, patterns, stories and archetypes of traditional religious concepts and mythologies.

The term 'reincarnation' strikes different chords within, depending on our preconceptions and assumptions of what such a term means or what value it has. I prefer the term 'rebirth' in a more liberal sense, which includes 'reincarnation' and all its various transformations, being also modes of transit, evolutional perfecting thru 'learning' and 'experience'. All consciousness is undergoing the co-creational play of energy, mind and matter. How this all synthesizes, coordinates and evolves is subject to description. The traditional sense of 'resurrection' is really but another conceptual term for a kind of 'reincarnation', the details differing from one group to another.

Last edited:

Zeke

I would perceive that by conscience our thoughts/feelings/imagination start the act of creation by our sub-conscience a type of Reincarnation/rebirth that can be negative or positive depending where our faith is focused, be it in the senses/observation/preceded signs/chance or things unseen brought to manifestation by faith by our own creative power that signs follow when we believe they will, instead we are taught this power exists outside our selves which is a dependent state of mind on another to fix what we must do our self.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would perceive that by conscience our thoughts/feelings/imagination start the act of creation by our sub-conscience a type of Reincarnation/rebirth that can be negative or positive depending where our faith is focused, be it in the senses/observation/preceded signs/chance or things unseen brought to manifestation by faith by our own creative power that signs follow when we believe they will, instead we are taught this power exists outside our selves which is a dependent state of mind on another to fix what we must do our self.

Perhaps that hypothesis is drawn because of some distant detached consciousness that somehow entered the realm of non-existence due to the fact that, within a myriad of quadra-billion earth years it was caught up in some form of antiquated cosmic fortress? Seeing that, all about us is a flowing, reversed motion centrifuge which only has a set course that continually works to interreact with several componants and set its own continuum? Of course, this is all speculative at this point and cannot be proved in a scientific environment. Therefore, I concede that further data is required, in order to come to some form of detente between science and imagination.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Indeed, more ancient pagan cultures and schools have recognized the universal laws and principles of nature, explaining those in different forms, myths and symbols,....but since source-reality and the laws that govern/orchestrate the cosmos are universal....the book of nature and Spirit are ever in sync and reflecting one another ("as above, so below"). The inner reflects the outer, the outer, the inner....

How are your "Little green men in their shiny UFOs" treating you and Caino? Respectfully, I hope?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:kookoo: :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is it possible to create a reasonable thread in the past, present and future, simultaneously? If, so, how can we know for certain, at what point said, thread, is being, was being, will be posted?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When we fall asleep, is what we see, hear, touch and smell, our "True reality" and when we awaken, is that the dream? How can we know for certain, which is the truth and which is the display of our imaginary senses being controlled by our subconscious mind?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Could it be said that our reality is nothing less than a dream in someone else's subconscious mind? Perhaps, those we perceive to be, are nothing less than, phantom images produced while we're in some subconscious coma? When we leave a room full of people, do they still exist? Maybe, we create them within the confines of our own subconscious existence, as our non-physical minds float endlessly through an imaginative universe that only exists in our own, self-created realm of being? We could connect this theory to that old adage: "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

This is for Freelight, Caino and, of course, Zeke to ponder.

Gurucam

Hi freelight.

How are you doing? Is an answer to following on your menu. If it is, would you serve it.

Matthews: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

If Peter did not remain Satan, who then, was the rock that was given to anchor the following church of the Lord Jesus?:

1 Corinthians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Of course my perceptions is that: a place where one's flesh is destroyed so that one's spirit might be save in the day of the Lord Jesus is a church where 'the dead' (the spiritually dead) becomes awaken to his own spirit.

At any event this is works involving Jesus. And Satan is mentioned in both revelations. And Jesus did appoint Peter to anchor a church for Him. Also Jesus did say unto Peter: 'Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me'

So you can understand why I am asking.

Do you use fine crockery, fine furnishing, etc. in your cafe? Are there many glass windows and doors? Are you covered for damages resulting from a good fight among buddies?

Hope that your cafe is not only for retired old, overly peaceful people, with no spirit or no right kind of spine. . . . :)

Last edited:

Zeke

Perhaps that hypothesis is drawn because of some distant detached consciousness that somehow entered the realm of non-existence due to the fact that, within a myriad of quadra-billion earth years it was caught up in some form of antiquated cosmic fortress? Seeing that, all about us is a flowing, reversed motion centrifuge which only has a set course that continually works to interreact with several componants and set its own continuum? Of course, this is all speculative at this point and cannot be proved in a scientific environment. Therefore, I concede that further data is required, in order to come to some form of detente between science and imagination.

You were doing so good then you fell back into sitcom mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.