Who is Neg Repping Who and Why?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow so what's that as close as someone can get to lying without actually saying the words. I have neg rep you maybe 5 times.
Right. You got your first two from me in response to your neg reps. So only one of us is approaching dishonesty here. You invited the conflict and it wasn't even over anything I'd said. I reposted Eeset's actual posts and rejected a fake apology by her covered in string.

Before that I'd only pos rep'd you. Heck, while I won't again, I've pos rep'd you since you started acting like a troll when you posted something different.

What good would it do me to get in a neg rep war with someone who can pay me back with 50 or 80 to my minus 5 or 8 to you?
I didn't say you made sense. But you started in on me when I thought of you as a friendly acquaintance. I don't know why you found my unedited reposting of Eeset's remarks grounds for altering our relationship. But you did.

Get it ding dong? You and your ilk act like school room bullies.
That's another bizarre statement from you. I did at worst nothing more than you did when you started our difference. I responded to something I found objectionable with a neg rep. You trying to reduce the difference to a weighting on a number I can't control is laughable.

But here's the difference--your conduct actually was objectionable. Objectively, rationally, sustainably objectionable.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Right. You got your first two from me in response to your neg reps. So only one of us is approaching dishonesty here. You invited the conflict and it wasn't even over anything I'd said. I reposted Eeset's actual posts and rejected a fake apology by her covered in string.

Before that I'd only pos rep'd you. Heck, while I won't again, I've pos rep'd you since you started acting like a troll.

I didn't say you made sense. But you started in on me when I thought of you as a friendly acquaintance. I don't know why you found my unedited reposting of Eeset's remarks grounds for altering our relationship.

That's another bizarre statement from you. I did at worst nothing more than you did when you started our difference. I responded to something I found objectionable with a neg rep. You trying to reduce the difference to a weighting on a number I can't control is laughable.

But here's the difference--your conduct actually was objectionable. Objectively, rationally, sustainably objectionable.

In case I forgot to say... You bore me and I hardly ever read your self righteous drool.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In case I forgot to say... You bore me and I hardly ever read your self righteous drool.
I didn't expect more from you. You can't honestly refute my response given you know I have a record of it, so what's left for you except to show that more honest bitterness and spite you parade around here as though it were virtue. :plain:

Breathe

Tambora has been a gift to TOL ever since she arrived.
She qualifies as a biblical exegete by her wise, informative and knowledgeable biblical commentaries.
She is also very supportive of noobies who are seeking to learn the ropes around here.

You have reduced yourself to tossing blue darts at your betters!
Tambora is a down to earth and no-nonsense kind of lady. If someone can't get along with her, there is something wrong with them. I heart her: she's blunt, and funny, and well spoken. All in all, she's great.

As are you, ma'am. :)

bybee

Tambora is a down to earth and no-nonsense kind of lady. If someone can't get along with her, there is something wrong with them. I heart her: she's blunt, and funny, and well spoken. All in all, she's great.

As are you, ma'am. :)

Thank you. I have appreciated your support and positive presence here on TOL.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
reality checks in Love........

reality checks in Love........

Here's another one for calling people who differ strongly enough to hand out a neg rep "rapists". Good grief. :nono:

Before people like you and res/sod and Eeset came along I could count my total neg rep, over years, on one hand.

I'm happy to be "in the green" so to speak, its so much more pleasant and liberating, and then having more opportunities to poz rep others, as you spread around your good will. One would gather that Jesus taught us to love one another, and that his very birth into this world, was for the good will and blessing of all. That's the kind of 'Jesus' I know,...I'm not sure what kind of 'Jesus' others are serving when they denigrate, degrade and de-value others. This is SO against the spirit and nature of love. This is why 'theology' can be the most diabolical tool of the 'ego' (satan/selfishness), yet can also serve as a life-giving platform for the study and application of true spiritual living, the kind that worships (attributes 'worth' to) God and all his creation.

Anyways,...this thread is going down the tubes fast, or was it already there? Oh, I forgot this was in the 'Back Alley'.

As much as it does hurt to get a neg rep from someone, my conscience twinges when I have a motive to neg-rep them back or to neg rep one whose behavior I find deplorable. I have to evaluate my intention and motive, and see if its coming from a place of love or something less than loving. That's the reality check, beyond any sense of 'fun and games' because a neg-rep is demeaning more or less. I'd as soon steer away from it altogether, cuz it gets the karmic-wheel of vengeful reactions going (all the emotions that are less than loving)...and where is the end to the pay-backs? It can become a cycle of 'attack', the 'ego' stuck in a cycle of 'pain' because of its own sin (missing the mark of 'love').

I could probably quote from A Course in Miracles about now :) - perhaps we will revive commentary on that again soon.

Remember all, Jesus did say others would recognize us by the love we show one another. Did you forget Love is the universal law of Life itself? Love fulfills. Love envalues. Love empowers. Love heals. Love restores. Love edifies. Anything less is 'sin' (falling short). Are you fulfilling the law?

pj

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Remember all, Jesus did say others would recognize us by the love we show one another.
He also chased money changers from the temple and reviled hypocrites. So it's more than the one note.

Did you forget Love is the universal law of Life itself? Love fulfills. Love envalues. Love empowers. Love heals. Love restores. Love edifies. Anything less is 'sin' (falling short). Are you fulfilling the law?
Love discerns, judges and protects too, else I'd let my two year old play with the wolf that comes out from the forest's edge because he called it doggy and it seemed to smile.

:e4e: