It appears that America is rapidly evolving into a Gestapo-like mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

The so call "expert witness" gets to decide whether or not our parenting method allows us to continue to raise our own children. Teachers are not allowed to touch their students for fear of reprisals. It is very easy for unscrupulous persons to set someone up for statutory rape charges which undermines the validity of actual rape charges. Employees are encouraged by the IRS to turn in their bosses which can and does lead to specious charges which only serve to line the Lawyers pockets. We are so rigidly adhering to politically correct adherence to the letter of the law that we have almost destroyed the spirit of the law. Doctors and nurses no longer get to practice medical and nursing arts. They dare not go outside of written protocols even when they know it is in the patients best interests to do so. What has happened to us? I'd like to lay a wreath at the tomb of Common Sense. It has obviously died in America. bybee

bybee

Amen, bybee. Amen.

Political correctness is exactly what George Orwell was warning us about in 1984.

I have never forgotten the message in that book. It horrified me. The power of government has become incredibly dangerous. C. S. Lewis, in his science fiction trilogy also tried to warn us about the dangers inherent in demagogery and organizations which seek to push their agenda regardless the cost.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so why can't you connect the dots?

it is the Democratic Party that is responsible for this

and there is something that you can do about it

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:yawn:

Nah, it's the Catholics. Seriously!

Rather than actually do something productive with their time, some of them *cough cough Chys* prefer to play cheerleader for the Republican party.

BTW, have you figured out yet why after 8 years in office under your guy that AOD still exists?

DocJohnson

Rather than actually do something productive with their time, some of them *cough cough Chys* prefer to play cheerleader for the Republican party.

I don't know a whole lot of Catholics who vote Republican, ironically enough.

Not that it would matter. They're all in bed together.

The only thing that can help hinder the corruption is term limits for all offices.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know a whole lot of Catholics who vote Republican, ironically enough.

Not that it would matter. They're all in bed together.

The only thing that can help hinder the corruption is term limits for all offices.

I agree, and as Americans, that should be OUR goal. Doing things for our country that allows our freedoms and still protects the innocent.

bybee

Surely you don't think I voted Democratic?

Surely you don't think I voted Democratic?

My dear fellow, at times you are very didactic! Your motivation is good. However, you are preaching to the choir! Really! I know my responsibilities to my community as a citizen and as a christian. am involved to the best of my abilities. I've got my dots connected! You can call me Dotty! if you want. We are pretty much on the same page, except for women's issues. But then, a man cannot possibly understand how devastating some of these issues are to women, except from his heart. peace, bybee

Granite

Hall of Fame
Our own laziness and success caught up to us. We're a nation of overweight, half-literate, ignorant buffoons. Frankly, we deserve everything we get.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My dear fellow, at times you are very didactic! Your motivation is good. However, you are preaching to the choir! Really! I know my responsibilities to my community as a citizen and as a christian. am involved to the best of my abilities. I've got my dots connected! You can call me Dotty! if you want. We are pretty much on the same page, except for women's issues. But then, a man cannot possibly understand how devastating some of these issues are to women, except from his heart. peace, bybee

well I am sorry that I missed the part where you held the Democratic Party responsible for most of what you mentioned

bybee

Quite right!

Quite right!

Our own laziness and success caught up to us. We're a nation of overweight, half-literate, ignorant buffoons. Frankly, we deserve everything we get.

You neglected to mention how very ill-mannered we have become. bybee

DocJohnson

No, we are a nation of well-educated, hard-working people. The people you're describing are the ones who somehow manage to get elected to office.

Status
Not open for further replies.