Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revival comes from within. When people don't think there is much to change within, well, then they don't change.

A lot of "Christians" think they are just fine the way they are, even though they treat others poorly and etc. but Jesus said to love others as you love yourself. Would you say to yourself "self, you are dumb as a box of rocks?" Well, some of us probably would, at times anyway. But the point is, we should not say to others what we dont want said to us

Comment

toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

The 2 areas where Christianity will make the greatest gains in the 21st C should be South America and Sub-Saharan Africa.

The fact that the RC Church recently elected an Argentinian pope reflects this demographic shift and there is a distinct possibility of an African pope in the near future.

The Western Church will not undergo a "general revival" unless their is a major threat to Europe and North America with which governments are unable to cope.

Comment

What has been happening in Africa and China for the last 50 years has been harvest not revival. The difference is that these are brand new believers coming into the Kingdom, yes by the MILLIONS, it is all Pentecostal in nature

In the Latinos many have become protestant from catholic, this also has been the work of the pentecostals.

What is happening in Africa and Asia ought to be happening in the west...but the west has rejected it by and large.
        Last edited by Totton Linnet; January 2nd, 2015, 01:57 PM.
        One lavished upon in the Beloved
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fzappa13 View Post
          Revival? ... ummm, who died?
          Many, if not most, so-called 'Christian' churches of the West, today, are full of dead-men's bones and not The Spirit of The Lord as they are called to be filled with. The church doesn't teach the cross or make disciples. It fills pews with dead members, twice-dead because they preach their empty dead religion to others and chase them away from The Living God with their dead sayings about their lack of faith in The Living Word. We need revival now more than ever in history because of what is about to hit this world: the Anti-Christ who will lead even the very elect astray.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Soon the Great Healing Revival will break out, indeed it is already here. It will usher in the end-time harvest and will increase in size and strength as God wills.
            "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?
              Probably not, unless there is an extreme social reform, and society is moving in the complete opposite direction.

The fact of the matter is that Christianity is in the beginnings of being taken under siege. Christianity is probably going to soon be spending too much time enduring the onslaught to really have any thought of revival.

It's just a cold, blunt truth- the sooner it is acknowledged, the more Christians can be prepared.

Comment

An overall strengthening of the Christian faith in Church is definitely possible, I believe. I think Christians have only scraped the very basics of Scripture and what it means to be a Christian. Having studied Theology, I can say without a doubt, that where there once was a time Christians could not understand the Latin taught in Churches, now we have the multitude of translations but the subtleties of the Ancient Hebrew, for example, are missing. If you compare the original Hebrew scripts with most Biblical editions you will probably find that some of the Hebrew words have been left out, some of the meanings loosely translated, and some of the hidden meanings completely forgotten. A revival of a deeper study into Scripture by Christians could most certainly lead to a general revival within the Church. There is more than meets the eye when it comes to reading and (I would stress) understanding Scripture. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Arianadia View Post
                  An overall strengthening of the Christian faith in Church is definitely possible, I believe. I think Christians have only scraped the very basics of Scripture and what it means to be a Christian. Having studied Theology, I can say without a doubt, that where there once was a time Christians could not understand the Latin taught in Churches, now we have the multitude of translations but the subtleties of the Ancient Hebrew, for example, are missing. If you compare the original Hebrew scripts with most Biblical editions you will probably find that some of the Hebrew words have been left out, some of the meanings loosely translated, and some of the hidden meanings completely forgotten. A revival of a deeper study into Scripture by Christians could most certainly lead to a general revival within the Church. There is more than meets the eye when it comes to reading and (I would stress) understanding Scripture. No?

I can't disagree, but I'm happy with English and the King James Bible, it's all I need. I see no reason to introduce Greek, Latin or Hebrew in my studies, I study enough in English to keep me filled with the word. To each his own, have fun knowing 3 different languages to say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                    I can't disagree, but I'm happy with English and the King James Bible, it's all I need. I see no reason to introduce greek, Latin or Hebrew in my studies, I study enough in English to keep me filled with thw word. To each his own, have fun knowing 3 different languages to say the same thing.
                    Well said Patrick, indeed being able to read the English definitely beats having to learn the Latin, especially in this day and age. That said...Latin does have a rather nice ring to it, especially when hearing it sung by the choir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arianadia View Post
                      Well said Patrick, indeed being able to read the English definitely beats having to learn the Latin, especially in this day and age. That said...Latin does have a rather nice ring to it, especially when hearing it sung by the choir.
                      Latin is good for saying things that contain much wisdom in fewer words: Lex orandi, lex credenda

AMR
                      Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                      Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                      AMR's Randomata Blog
                      Learn Reformed Doctrine
                      I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                      Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                      Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                      The best TOL Social Group: here.
                      If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                      Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                        Anti-Christ who will lead even the very elect astray.
                        Matt. 24:24

It will NOT be possible to deceive the elect.

See Matt. 24:22.

Keep that in your heart. God will not allow His elect to be deceived, especially when His purpose is to bring them into Christ's glory.

*Right now counts forever!

Romans 14:12
                        Matt. 12:36-37

!

- Psalmist
                        - Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                          Latin is good for saying things that contain much wisdom in fewer words: Lex orandi, lex credenda

AMR
                          And lex vivendi.

*Right now counts forever!

Romans 14:12
                          Matt. 12:36-37

!

- Psalmist
                          - Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                            I can't disagree, but I'm happy with English and the King James Bible, it's all I need. I see no reason to introduce Greek, Latin or Hebrew in my studies, I study enough in English to keep me filled with the word. To each his own, have fun knowing 3 different languages to say the same thing.
                            You are once again in agreement with what saith the scripture to us!

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

That's a great place to be 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV
                            2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by heir View Post
                              You are once again in agreement with what saith the scripture to us!

1 Corinthians 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
                              ..except that's not what the verse is meaning, at all

Comment

• Possible, yes. Probable, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X