Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: What public figure would you like to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toldailytopic: What public figure would you like to meet?

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 10th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Obama

Comment

Mandela
      SJKW Extraordinaire

Comment

Pontius Pilate or one of the centurians. Matthew the tax-collector. Theophilus?

My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Charles Stanley

Comment

I have do three...Numbered order of importance.
            1) Past: D. L. Moody

2) Recently deceased: John R. W. Stott

3) Present: Pastor Charles R. Swindoll
            sigpic

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
            .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
            Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Comment

Ron Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                Obama
                Chances are good he already knows what you have to say.

Originally posted by OP
                What public figure would you like to meet?
                This changes. Last month I would've said George R. R. Martin. I've since met him.

I think right now Neil Gaiman would top my list.
                "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Chances are good he already knows what you have to say.
                  Well, there are a variety of issues one could have with Obama, and not everyone who hates him hates him for the same reasons. The reasons I hate Obama are very different than the reasons a typical right-wing conservative hates Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by RandPaulfor2016 View Post
                    Ron Paul.

Peter Kreeft comes to mind too.

Comment

Well, there are a variety of issues one could have with Obama, and not everyone who hates him hates him for the same reasons. The reasons I hate Obama are very different than the reasons a typical right-wing conservative hates Obama.
                      My joke was based on the current privacy-related scandals in the news.

But yeah, by the time this administration is done, he will have given just about everyone reason to hate him.
                      "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Comment

... not everyone who hates him hates him for the same reasons.

I thought we all hated him because he's black and we're racist.

Comment

Public figures Past: Moses, Apostle Paul, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Johan Sebastian Bach, George Fedric Handel
                          Present: Bob Enyart, Ken Ham, Todd Aiken
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by This Charming Manc View Post
                            Mandela
                            That makes perfect sense. You are both devil worshipping communists that hate freedom of the people.
                            Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
                              Public figures Past: Moses, Apostle Paul, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Johan Sebastian Bach, George Fedric Handel
                              Present: Bob Enyart, Ken Ham, Todd Aiken
                              I've met Ken Ham. He's a very nice man and an eloquent speaker as well.
                              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                              . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Working...
                              X