toldailytopic: Gluten-free food. What do you think of the gluten free craze?

Lon

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 16th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
It would have been horrible news when I was in kindergarten still eating paste and paper mache~!

Tyrathca

Doctors now days are recommending gluten free or wheat free diets for people with diabetes and high cholesterol also for obesity. There are some studies that say that some people can avoid medications for diabetes and high cholesterol by going wheat free.
Unless there si a significant difference in what is considered evidence based medicine between the USA and Australia (which I doubt) this is not hte case. Doctors do not normally advise gluten free diets unless a there is a confirmed reaction to it (i.e. coeliac)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are some studies that say that some people can avoid medications for diabetes and high cholesterol by going wheat free.

There is no cholesterol in plant life. Plants have fiber, animals and people have cholesterol, the steroid for cell structure.

Clem

It's good to have well labelled options to help people with real problems,
but all crazes, obsessions, compulsions and addictions should be regarded with suspicion.
The Mormons (whom I respect), advise against doing anything that can become habit-forming.
Perhaps they take this too far, but if you end up with a hangover,
then you've definitely drunk too much alcohol in my books.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 16th, 2013 05:00 AM

With apologies to those actually allergic to it, gluten is the stuff that makes food taste good. Want lousy tasting food? Gluten-free is the way to go.

AMR

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
[/QUOTE]