toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Please show us, where I trolled you? You come to me or
we just happen to be on the same thread! JW is still a nasty type
of guy, who is disrespectful of women and inarticulate when
producing his posts! By the way, how are ya? You also have
Calvinist views! Place me on ignore and have done with it!
I'm not going to, trail after you, I've better things to do! You're
not my focus!

You can do as you please..you're nothing, you have views that the Mormons have...therefore you are a Mormon

IMJerusha

Lighthouse added nothing. He said you didn't understand what was plainly there, and you don't. You quote that text without even knowing what it means.

Then, by all means, show me where in those passages Yeshua states that those who are cut off were never in the vine in the first place.

You really do think too highly of yourself, IMJerusha, and you show it every single time you post. :nono:

What I think of myself is that Yeshua died on a cross for me, a piece of garbage. You seem to think that's incorrect. I know it is not.

Wile E. Coyote

Do you teach that people that were saved when they believed are now able to commit murder and adultery without losing their salvation?

Or do you teach that people that were saved when they believed, who then commit murder and adultery, had a false conversion experience, so have to do it again to get it right?
King David committed murder and adultery and did not lose his salvation. God still took it seriously. David lost out on building the tabernacle and God caused his son Absalom to turn against him.

But God's mercy continued with David and we have received the "sure mercies of David." Furthermore, God promised David that if his son Solomon sinned that he would chasten him and continue showing mercy,

I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him.... 2 Samuel 7:14-15

Would you mind telling us with what child of God mercy stopped?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

King David committed murder and adultery and did not lose his salvation.

1 Kings 15:5
5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.​

Furthermore, God promised David that if his son Solomon sinned that he would chasten him and continue showing mercy

1 Kings 9:3-9
3 And the Lord said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:
5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:
8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and to this house?
9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the Lord brought upon them all this evil.​

Ephesians 5:6
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.​

Wile E. Coyote

1 Kings 15:5
5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.​

1 Kings 9:3-9
3 And the Lord said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:
5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:
8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and to this house?
9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the Lord their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the Lord brought upon them all this evil.​

Ephesians 5:6
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.​

Your question spoke to the ABILITY of saved people to commit adultery and murder without losing salvation. You asked,

"Do you teach that people that were saved when they believed are now able to commit murder and adultery without losing their salvation?"

I showed you that David committed adultery and murder without losing his salvation. Now you're dancing around the mulberry bush about it.

genuineoriginal

I showed you that David committed adultery and murder without losing his salvation. Now you're dancing around the mulberry bush about it.
You are the one that claims that David was saved before he committed adultery.
You claim that David did not lose his salvation even though he committed adultery.
Neither claim can be substantiated.

My claim is that salvation does not happen until the day of redemption.
My claim is that David repented of his sin and then endured in the faith until the end, just as we are commanded to do.

David found favor in God's eyes despite the adultery because David did what was right in the eyes of God and lived in obedience to God's will.

For Christians, we too can get past occasionally falling into temptation in our Christian life if we repent and the rest of our walk is characterized by doing right in the eyes of God and living in obedience to God's will.

That is different than the version of OSAS that teaches that we can get away with doing all kinds of evil so long as we once believed.

genuineoriginal

No.
That is the fact that I rely on the righteousness of Christ, and not my own righteousness.

If you are relying on your own righteousness, you are relying on the wrong person.
Can you show me the scriptures that say we are to rely on righteousness?

I am not relying on the righteousness of Christ nor on my own righteousness to save me.

If I should be relying on righteousness to save me, I will need to see the scriptures that say that is what I am supposed to do.

Wile E. Coyote

You are the one that claims that David was saved before he committed adultery.
In Psalm 51:11 David prayed and asked God to not take away the Holy Spirit after he had sinned. So he had the Holy Spirit BEFORE he sinned. Therefore, he was saved before he sinned.

David is included in the "hall of faith" in Hebrews 11. It is talking about the faith he had in God as a boy when he slew Goliath which was long before he sinned. Are you going to tell us that a boy who confesses the God of Israel and slays God's enemy in God's name is not saved?

Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 47 Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”

You claim that David did not lose his salvation even though he committed adultery.

Neither claim can be substantiated.
David asked that the Holy Spirit not be taken from him. Did God take the Holy Spirit from Him? Yes, or no?

Wile E. Coyote

Can you show me the scriptures that say we are to rely on righteousness?

I am not relying on the righteousness of Christ nor on my own righteousness to save me.

If I should be relying on righteousness to save me, I will need to see the scriptures that say that is what I am supposed to do.

[T]o Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.
24 and shall say,
‘Surely in the Lord I have righteousness and strength.
Isaiah 45:23

You are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30

Wile E. Coyote

Genuineoriginal,

Don't forget Solomon. God promised David that if his son Solomon sinned that His mercy would NOT depart from him. Solomon went after other gods which was punishable by death the same as adultery.

For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Solomon was under God's mercy both before and after this. 2 Samuel 7:14-15

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In other words, you put a blanket over your head and refuse to address the reasons discerning people have problems with OSAS.

Weak and ignorant people of the faith don't accept OSAS!
Why? Because, they don't trust in the truth that, Christ
paid it all, once and for all and, all they must do is, place
their faith in Him as their Lord and Savior! The indwelling
Holy Spirit does the rest! The naysayers of OSAS feel,
they must add their own good works/deeds in order
to maintain their salvation! They believe, if their
works aren't sufficient, they'll lose their salvation!